Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Secret but I like turbo'ed m50 & s50 's, s54 and EJ25's

Bit general

I fitted new front shocks to the E39 (sachs OEM - has factory fitted motorsport suspension) and a 10mm alloy spacer on the new strut mounts to lift the front a touch and stiffen the strut towers, as they had mushroomed up from the impacts of big bumps. Grabbed one of those Ultra-racing strut braces to help with the reinforcement (looked sh*t in white though, so sprayed in with stoneguard - satin textured black like the engine plastics)

Made a HUGE difference to the handling. One front bumpstop was GONE, the other may as well have not been there. The old shocks were totally rooted - I could compress them in a fraction of a second, whereas the new ones took quite a while to push in, and needed a lot more force.

It's so nice to drive now, had quite a long test drive afterwards. Nothing fell off B)

might have to do the rears soon feel ok, but I'll raise it about 10mm too, so may as well do the shocks while i'm in there!

Got a cert!!

Lowered the fronts abit more

Bought a new Mtech 2 bumper :rolleyes:

Installed a fire extinguisher and took my shopping basket off for the track day Saturday.

Posted Image

Installed a fire extinguisher and took my shopping basket off for the track day Saturday.

Have fun dude, unfortunately I can't make it and I would like to say I will be there to watch but it is St Paddy's day.

Oil and filter change. Replaced old lower pan gasket and will hopefully be getting a replacement power steering line tomorrow to fix the leaking one on it at the moment. I'm glad I have started doing these little jobs. I never knew how simple and rewarding they would be!

After all the maintenance, it will be time for a well deserved clean.

Edited by kevinator9

First drive, have to say very nice indeed!

Posted Image

Nah, most of our staff have been so far. They all came back very worse for wear :lol:

New clutch master and slave cylinder, oil filter and oil change, new coolant, new gear box oil, new VC gasket, new wof, new rego. Off to the panel beaters next week to get some supermarket scratches sorted and a cut and polish :D

adjusted valves, still ticks but runs a bit better.

Replaced the transmission oil, much nicer and quieter shifting. Especially when cold.

Edited by _Matt_

Replace all the broken bits after clipping a lamp post and added Mtech front. Pics and build thread will appear when I get some real updates.

Retrofitted E92 M3 seats into my E46 M3. Comfort plus +++

E92 M3 seat on right in pic.

post-1470-1332390808.jpg

post-1470-1332390831.jpg

Nice work Ray. To be honest, I never found the e46 M3 seats all that comfortable. I like it

Looks like a much nicer quality leather?

Super comfortable very soft leather.

Upgraded the wheels to a very tidy set of staggered style 68s yesterday.

I got them very cheap off a friends E46 so rather pleased... They suit the E36 quite well I think.

Posted Image

At least now I can upgrade to the E36 M3 suspension and brakes with the larger wheel diameter.

Edited by Michael.

Your front bumper needs painting.

Swapped the E30 for something faster ;)

post-5250-1333696217.jpg