Sign in to follow this  
simke

F****n incompetent bureaucrats

Here is what happens when you have a bunch of incompetent bureaucrats working for the government.

After I sold my E34, the new owner had managed to commit a parking offense before the ownership details were changed. So as I was still a registered owner at the time, I got sent a $60 fine from Manukau City Council.

Rang them up, explained what the situation was, and they said ok, all we need is the new owner's address in order to transfer the fine out of my name. I sent them the new owner's details, and have received a letter saying that they will take no further action against me. This letter was received on 3rd August. Few days later arrives payment reminder from Manukau City Council. I rang them up to ask what the story was, and was told that it was just an automatic thing done by the system, and that there is nothing to worry about.

So far so good, until yesterday, when I received Notice of Court Fine from the Ministry of Justice - asking for original $60 plus another $30 for the court costs. I rang the Ministry, and was basically told that they don't know anything about it and that I need to take up the issue with Manukau City Council. So I call MCC to ask what is happening, the person I spoke to had no idea, and was told they'll ring me back today. So I get a call from them today, and they tell me that I need to call Ministry of Justice and request form 57 to fill in. So I call the Ministry, only to be told that I have to physically go to the district court to fill in the form.

So I went to the court today, filled the form and provided a copy of the original letter that said no further action is going to be taken against me. Now all that info is going to be sent to Manukau District Court, and hopefully they will sort it out in the next couple of weeks.

I mean this is just f**in unbelievable. I've got better things to do than wait around in a district court just because a bunch of bureaucrats can't even do their job properly. I'm so pissed off that I'd want to sue them for wasting my time. I just hope that there is at least one sane person in the whole system and that I wont have to waste any more of my time on this bs.

My poor sister is going through a similar situation at the moment.

She parked in Howick in her 318ti and received a fine for $200 for no rego. The car did have a rego but the ticket must have fallen out of the loose pocket. She wrote in and explained that the car does have a rego and a wof but the ticket had fallen out which they could confirm via their system. They responded by saying Tuff sh*t $200 for not displaying your rego ticket. And even supplied a fricken photo the wanker parking nazi had taken of the rego holder with no ticket.

So even though she had a rego and a wof she still has to pay $200 for it falling out. What a joke.

Edited by driftit

She parked in Howick in her 318ti and received a fine for $200 for no rego. The car did have a rego but the ticket must have fallen out of the loose pocket. She wrote in and explained that the car does have a rego and a wof but the ticket had fallen out which they could confirm via their system. They responded by saying Tuff sh*t $200 for not displaying your rego ticket. And even supplied a fricken photo the wanker parking nazi had taken of the rego holder with no ticket.

So even though she had a rego and a wof she still has to pay $200 for it falling out. What a joke.

The stupid thing is that you can buy rego online which means your car can be rego'd but you haven't received the rego ticket yet. Can we get a $200 fine for not displaying rego even in this situation?

I happened to have just paid for my Rego online the other day, the day after I went through a police check.

Cop said you rego's due, I explained I was waiting for the card in the mail.

He went to his car to check.

2min later he came back and said sweet later.

The fact you've paid for your rego is all that counts and it shouldn't matter if its displayed IMO

Edited by Blackie

Can we get a $200 fine for not displaying rego even in this situation?

yes you can however it wont happen very often.

"failing to display current licence label - $200"

So I went to the court today, filled the form and provided a copy of the original letter that said no further action is going to be taken against me. Now all that info is going to be sent to Manukau District Court, and hopefully they will sort it out in the next couple of weeks.

I had a similar issue!!!

my Subaru (in my garage) was up on ramps and had the nose slightly out on the footpath (less than a metre)...so i could see with sunlight as i was changing ball joints for a WOF, I went inside for a drink and a bite to come back and find a dirty b@stard parking warden had ticketed me for parking on the footpath and no WOF...WTF

Had to put up with the same BS running around to get it wiped as well :angry:

all this sh*t grates me ... it's all such a waste of tax payers money and innocent, good peoples time.

All this fricken technology these days and it's not utilised properly.

I had a similar issue!!!

my Subaru (in my garage) was up on ramps and had the nose slightly out on the footpath (less than a metre)...so i could see with sunlight as i was changing ball joints for a WOF, I went inside for a drink and a bite to come back and find a dirty b@stard parking warden had ticketed me for parking on the footpath and no WOF...WTF

That parking warden deserves to be castrated ... seriously i'd have been like "are you f**king serious!? , is there anything strange about this situation, you complete f**ktard?"

I have had similar to the original issue, no warrant and reg, my diesel was out by about 1000k after a rather long road trip, now this is only a few days out on the reg and warrant, cop told me to get that sorted and I can just take ticket in and get off them.

Due to the K's being out he never actually handed me a ticket,

Car got warrant and rego the next day, but had no ticket to go see the cops about to get those parts waived

Long story short, never got the ticket, 2 years later my parents (who previously owned that car) got a letter of seizure of the car for unpaid tickets, I was on the phone instantly trying to sort it out, turns out the cop had written my address wrong and the original ticket, the reminders, the reminder reminders, the "this has been passed onto the courts" the we are chasing you down.. etc etc, all went to the wrong address

Basically I had to go through the whole go to the courts, show verification of address, prove I was innocent of avoiding the fines, it was then sent back to the cops who were supposed to send out the original ticket so I could dispute a few things, they again sent the ticket out to the wrong address

When I eventually the addres resolved it was back at the courts and they wouldn't pass it back to the police, so I was unable to get off $400 they wouldn't remove the $100's of extra added bits and pieces they had added, ended up giving in and payed it off at $25 a week for a few years, total was somthing like $1800.. of that I should have paid somthing like $250 - $300 for the k's being over

This was a fair few years ago, what I learnt, fines don't just not get sent out, they went somewhere, you didn't just get lucky, if they can screw up somthing, they will screw up somthing.

Also, keep your diesel k's up to date, they charge a private vehicle the same as they would a commercial... LOTS

There is a complete defence to not displaying a current vehicle rego in the transport act - basically there to cover the rego being sent out in the post etc - I think from memory you have seven days from the time you pay for the rego until you have to have it on your car.

Probably why I got away with it then....

And they wonder why people hate them!

What pisses me off the most is that if I was to go out now and do smash and grab on someone's car, chances of me being caught and ending up in court would be close to 0, yet they don't have a problem sending out court fines to people because someone else f*d up.

You don't have to go to the district court to get the form etc, they can post it to you. I've had the same situation with stuff being sent to the wrong address and ended up with court fines, called up, got told to go to the court to get form etc and refused.

Tjis is your mess, you sort it and send me the forms.

They sent them, I filled them out and paid the original $12 ticket.

Call back until you get someone reasonable.

that is the law,you must display a current rego at all times

that is the law,you must display a current rego at all times

Not quite, the law only say your car must have rego at all time. So in their case, they will have to prove they do indeed have rego at the time the ticket was issued. Target program mentioned it a week or two ago, the council will be in the wrong to enforce the ticket if the car is legit even it was without a proper rego sticker displayed. So, get the proof and send in a letter(s) until it's waived.

I have no problems with parking wardens ticketing for parking issues, but they are gaining all these additional powers which I don't believe they should have without being sworn officers.

Talking to a friend who is a warden, they can now ticket for license plate issues with car, such as incorrect plate or if its sitting in the windscreen.. i.e has to be attached to the car, even warrant and rego I believe should be left to the cops, even if it was noted and passed onto the police that's fine.

At least if you get pulled up by the cops you can usually get the 30 days to get it sorted and they can check all the paperwork in the system.

If the parking guys are ticketing for warrant and rego, they should be checking with the system, not just the displayed paperwork.

I have no problems with parking wardens ticketing for parking issues, but they are gaining all these additional powers which I don't believe they should have without being sworn officers.

Talking to a friend who is a warden, they can now ticket for license plate issues with car, such as incorrect plate or if its sitting in the windscreen.. i.e has to be attached to the car, even warrant and rego I believe should be left to the cops, even if it was noted and passed onto the police that's fine.

At least if you get pulled up by the cops you can usually get the 30 days to get it sorted and they can check all the paperwork in the system.

If the parking guys are ticketing for warrant and rego, they should be checking with the system, not just the displayed paperwork.

Then you'd love the proposal in Auckland that they can go onto private property (eg parking buildings) and ticket cars for rego and warrant offences.

a mini just got a wad of tickets down my street the other day. ( residence parking)

council laying new curb outide, the same one that cracked the front of my car.

so the mini parked on the road out the way of the workmen. i went to uni... came back, saw several tickets on it, one ticket for not having residence parking, (this car normaly parks in a driveway) one for not having a current wof, from the outside you could not tell as it was punched for the current month (last month) and then i think the guy came back and got him again for still being on the road, as there were 2 parking infringment tickets..

poor mini owner.. what a twat of a parking officer.

Then you'd love the proposal in Auckland that they can go onto private property (eg parking buildings) and ticket cars for rego and warrant offences.

that is so stupid, as a car does not need a wof or a reg if it is on private land.

I had a similar issue!!!

Never had anything worse in my life than Dunedin Parking wardens. They f**k me OFF. I was there for 14 days. 4 of which I received parking tickets. All for the same thing. The nose of the car was sticking over the white 'parking area' line by about 6 inches. The wheels were still behind it. It was when we were setting up the new Bunnings and there was nowhere to park cept on the street.

I got off 3 of them eventually.

But still

Grrrrrrrrrr

that is so stupid, as a car does not need a wof or a reg if it is on private land.

Yes it does. Something to do with being 'accessible by the public'.

If it's tucked away in a garage or round the back of the house it's coolio.

Stupid? Yes.

Not quite, the law only say your car must have rego at all time. So in their case, they will have to prove they do indeed have rego at the time the ticket was issued. Target program mentioned it a week or two ago, the council will be in the wrong to enforce the ticket if the car is legit even it was without a proper rego sticker displayed. So, get the proof and send in a letter(s) until it's waived.

Are you sure about this? If you are right I will fight it some more. The car has always had a rego. We renewed it before it ran out. But this time the ticket had honestly just fallen out of a sun damaged sleeve and now lives down the front of the dash somewhere. The same day she went and got a new ticket reprinted at the post office.

The fact that the warden took a photo of the sleeve makes me think that they were trying to cover their ass just in case they are wrong for issuing the ticket.