Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Shorty got low... low... low

Before (shitty photo)

post-2031-1285832152.jpg

After (not quite as shitty photo)

post-2031-1285832193.jpg

Specs: Standard Bilsteins with H&R springs (35mm drop) I like it now, less rake and less body roll. Girlfriend hates it, says the bumpiness makes her carsick. :D

At the same time I had the driveshaft coupling replaced and steering rack refurbished - car drives much more nicerer now. Dave at DCH Motorsport said it's the nicest stock 325i he's driven < I blushed. ^_^

Oh, put the centrecaps back on for all you "naked RS" haters too.

Chur.

Edited by _Mark_

Looks good Mark, drop looks heaps better, needs less centercaps. Look forward to finally seeing this now your moving to the right island :D

Are those 205/50's on your RS's?

Edited by Brams

Girlfriend hates it, says the bumpiness makes her carsick. :D

yeah tell her to f**k off and harden up. tell her mine has to put up with 525/700 pounders .. she sweet with it :D

^ @Dubman, yup. Well I think so, springs were from TM and I matched the serial number on the front springs to the H&R website to get that number.

Edited by _Mark_

yeah tell her to f**k off and harden up. tell her mine has to put up with 525/700 pounders .. she sweet with it :D

Absolutely! After she said that I threw the car round a bend to see how much the body roll had lessened and she smacked her head on the window. At least that took her mind off her "sore tummy" Ha! :D

^ @Dubman, yup. Well I think so, springs were from TM and I matched the serial number on the front springs to the H&R website to get that number.

looks very nice :D now i know what to get for mine

Guest Simon*

Looks_good_mate_!

Srsly, it sits nicely. Yours needs centre caps, it's too clean and nice to pull off the "no-cap" look.

Brams' on the other hand has a dash of ferality about it - caps are strictly optional for his ;)

The bang head on window comment reminded me of this

Drop It Like Its HOT! Drop It Like Its HOT!!!!!

Woah, snoop dogg is all up in here.

Ima tell her you said that ha.

Oi Mark, give be some springs for an early birthday present. You know mine would look sick with a 35mm drop :) i'm on 50s too ;) and then ill white wall them.

Get the Billies re-valved and bumpstops shortened and you'll end up with a nicer ride and better handling. Not too expensive at all. (few hundred).

My suspension went like this:

1. Cheap no-name springs and old Bilsteins = too low, crap ride, crap handling.

2. H&R's like yours and old Bilsteins = perfect height, much nicer ride, and good handling.

3. Urethane bushes plus H&R's plus custom re-valved re-built rear billies, and brand new front billies custom re-valved and all shocks bumpstops shortened = best handling e30 I've driven that hasn't spent thousands on suspension.

Just measured, chassis rails are 100mm from the ground. So just bang on legal.