Sign in to follow this  
Smac01

Christchurch quake (#2)

Just heard an Aussie lady calling 7 Gold Coast news talking about how she is trapped in the same building Tony's wife escaped from. She hadnt spoken to her sons or imediate family before she spoke to Channel 7. Seems a bit strange to me. Pretty scarey tho, she said she knows shes bleeding as the floor around her is moist

Thoughts going out to the CHCH Bimmerspoters and those who have family there.

Hope your wife gets home safe and sound Tony. Best wishes to you and your family.

Dark dark day in NZ history.

Big Ups to the people of Chch, if theres anything we can do to help yell out.

CHCH CROWD MAP LINK

Edited by Jacko

Thoughs go out to everyone in Christchurch!

And the whole crew at Signbiz in Shirley, Christchurch!

The quake caused 30 million tonnes of ice to collapse from the Tasman Glacier's face into its Terminal Lake. As a result, passengers aboard two Glacier Explorer boats were rocked by numerous waves of up to 3.5 metres. The calving is the third biggest event in the history of the Terminal Lake.

Posted Image

Absolutely dark day for everyone down there & the whole of NZ for that matter.

Good luck to all down there, can only imagine what you are going through.

Going to be a long road out of this one

Where can one give blood in Auckland central?

A really sad day indeed.

Some shots reminded me of 9/11....

Yer, people running up the street, emergency services sirens, dust e.t.c..

Where can one give blood in Auckland central?

71 Great South Road, Newmarket

Roughly intersection with Market Road

Plenty of free parking on site

Edited by SpikeyLemon

"More than 400 Australian doctors attending a prostate cancer conference in Christchurch will spend the night in a park after their hotel was damaged by an earthquake, according to AAP. A temporary crisis centre for Australians stranded in the city has been set up. "

Well that's good. Doctors on tap.

now i lay me down to sleep

pray the lord my sole to keep

if i die before i wake

pray the lord my sole to take.

amen and good luck Christchurch

The place is now deathly quiet, RIP all those who have gone and hope tomorrow brings a better day.

Hey guys, thanks for all the support. Thankfully myself and my family are ok.

As Josh mentioned, Cliff and I were on the 5th floor when it hit and was undoubtedly the scariest thing I have experienced to date. Looking out our window seeing 2 buildings had crumbled we bolted for the stairs, even forgot my wallet in haste!

As you have all seen on the news, Chch CBD has been ravaged and my thoughts go out to all the people who have lost loved ones..

It's a very black day in Chch and the re-build is going to be like no other this city has ever seen... The September quake was NOTHING in comparison :(

If any of the Chch members need help, please don't hesitate to yell out!

Atta

My sister, her husband and 3 kids live their they are all OK - bro-n-law took 2hrs to get home (Cashmere) when he knew what happened. Thank God they are OK. And my other sister and her son who live there, their house was destroyed (not sure what area) and they are flying to Hamilton tomorrow to stay with us. She has been struck twice now (lost 2 houses - this the 2nd) so she is out of there for good. Dont think she be going back permanent now.

AND my sisters ex-husband was in the Telecom building, and only just got alive. It collapsed around him I think. Hes one lucky man. Ran home to text his daughter cos the fool left his cell at home! Long run...

take it when you say family this includes your E30? :)

Yeh it's safe in my garage but believe me, the E30 was the last thing on my mind today :(

now i lay me down to sleep

pray the lord my sole to keep

if i die before i wake

pray the lord my sole to take.

amen and good luck Christchurch

appreciate the sentiment but not your shoe bottoms

Not digging at you but it should be SOUL

Thought I would add a website so you can see visually what has been shaking

http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/

Edited by sp8s

I work night shift and was working when the 7.1 hit and that was f**ken scary trying to evacuate 60 people when that one hit, This time I was on my couch and this was way worse, I grabbed the missus and bolted for the door and cover her as best as I could, All the pictures on the wall cocks and such all hit the deck. Plasma TV which was bolted to its stand went tits up smashed to bits.

Liquefaction every where around the house and into part of the living room. Gonna be alot of digging to get rid of all that.

I have some pics here of in and around my place I know its minimal damage but still gonna take one hell of alot of time cleaning up. The after shocks are every 5 minutes still and just had one as I am typing this at 3am.

My thoughts go out to the family's who have lost people this would have to be Christchurch's worst day.

f**k sake there goes another f**ken big one now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I work at Telecom and have a view of a lot of companies networks as well as the Telephone network and its power has been cut.

And i just realised you are in the same building as me! *waves*

^^^^

Oh gawd. Finally got through to my grandfather lastnight who lives in Tuam street he's been living in a flat out the back of his property after all the piles in his house just dissapeared in the September quake and the house was being held up by the walls pretty much, it's now totally destroyed, he was using the house as storage, they opened the door looked inside and just shut the door again due to the mess & destruction. He can't get ahold of a friend of theirs who was in the city at the time. Fingers crossed.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

My sister (with 3 kids and a husband) are at home with no power, water & communication. Mum can only be intouch thru text which my sister can only do when she goes into the car...we also understand she is affected by the liquifaction.

Not looking for CHCH, town is munted and people still missing.