Sign in to follow this  
Smac01

Christchurch quake (#2)

All the best guys.

Some of those pics look REAL bad :(

Link please Ian ?

The wifes there today.

Said she just left the building she was having meetings in, to go for some lunch across the road when it hit.

The building she was in collapsed. Shes a bit shook up.

A lot more damage this time round I hear!

Cathedral and all..

EDIT: Yeah pics /\

Edited by Blackie

Hope you guys up there are all ok! I knew it was big when we felt it decently down here.

Reports of Limbs seen under rubble in malls.

So sad. Thoughts go out to you guys down there. Hope your all safe and ok!

post-5250-1298336559.png

Edited by Young Jack

ricarton exchange is damaged ..... so will affect anyone trying to call in that area or into any of its remote exchanges (avonhead etc) ... so dont stress if your trying to ring! its likley just the network! and don't create any unessesary traffic unless you have to!

My thoughts go out to CHCH members.

I know the shakes are scary enough here in Timaru, and we are NOTHING compared to the pictures on the TV and internet of CHCH

Stay safe

woke up to see it on the TV as breaking news on CNN so its being watched around the world!

thoughts go out to everyone down that way and you can let us know your safe soon!

So I just spoke to the wife and her and a work colleague are walking to the airport hoping to hire a car or something and drive to Dunedin to catch a flight home. Dont think It'll be tonight somehow.

She was in the Pyne Gould Guinness building referenced above and had left for lunch minutes before it hit. Close call.

This is the building.

Posted Image

Edited by Westy

It was f**king scary. Luckily enough my flat still has power and water.

I work on the top floor of a building over looking the square and saw part of the cathedal go down.

Not cool.

Tony, your wife is a very very lucky lady!

I hope the Bimmersport CHCH Chapter are all ok.

Hey guys,

Most of CHCH probably wont be online to check.

I work at Telecom and have a view of a lot of companies networks as well as the Telephone network and its power has been cut.

Communications is #1 for telecom to get established. All companies business continuity plans have been activated. Cell coverage is number one prioirity to restore.

Telecom is asking that cell phone usuage is for emergcy only, As a lot of cell sites are now running on battery and have around 8-10hours of life left. My advise is text _essential_ communitcation now as it probably wont last for long to your family / friends. There is obviously a lot of network congestion as well.

I'm sure those of you with family in CHCH like myself have been in contact with them.

Speaking with a friend down there (immortal on here who works with Atta (CrazyArab) ) they had a couple of buildings collapse around their building and obviously the worse thing theyve heard ever.

Pull together guys ... theyre going to need all the help they can get down there.

Thinking about starting a fund or something.. will think about this later on.

PS. Tony, f**ken glad niks is ok ... let us know if she needs any help down there as I have some family down there if she needs somewhere to stay or what ever.

You can't dodge fate. The September one spared everyone, this one was out to level the score.

It was honestly one of the scariest things I've experienced, the previous aftershocks didn't phase me too much, but this was different. I was underneath a car on a hoist with 2 other guys, the rumble came, 2seconds later it felt like the workshop had turned on it's side. Running for the door resulted in much tripping over, and aiming your direction was impossible. The cars outside looked like they were getting on 2 wheels. People were all over the road. I biked home and got some pictures, will post them later. They are nothing like what I'm watching on TV right now, but all suburbs on the west side of the city are majorly damaged, all the houses, brick and all, will no doubt have damage. Silt covers all the roads, water steaming everywhere. All I can wonder is who I know that has been crushed to death in the multiple locations over the city. My dog escaped and got hit by a car, my neighbour said they took him to a vet, good c**ts, but Vet is closed now so im not sure if he's alive.

More later, have just made it to gf's house and it's still rocking.

So I just spoke to the wife and her and a work colleague are walking to the airport hoping to hire a car or something and drive to Dunedin to catch a flight home. Dont think It'll be tonight somehow.

She was in the Pyne Gould Guinness building referenced above and had left for lunch minutes before it hit. Close call.

This is the building.

Posted Image

Lucky call mate, I saw this building on the news with people crawling out of it. :S

Thinking of everyone in Christchurch :(

Thinking of everyone in Christchurch :(

Here too, 17 confirmed dead. What a tragedy.

Yep, been updated now to 65 - some are claiming 100's will be the total.

Edited by pando