Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Calling old school gamers ......

haha i loved my 64.

We had an Atari 2600 then an Amstrad then thank god for the Amiga 500 B)

We had ZX81's at Intermediate school.

Beat that.

Ahhh the good old days. My first was a zx81 then a zx spectrum , next leap up was a amstrad 6128 followed by an amiga 500. Finally moved into 286 that cost me about $1500 i think back then.

Now days its just a lappy on the coffee table.

We had ZX81's at Intermediate school.

Beat that.

I built my first computer from a kit - the Sinclair ZX80, bright blue keyboard and all. Missed out the ZX81 and went up to the Spectrum - which lasted me until my final year in Uni - ended up with full sized keyboard, microdrives and running a fan-fold printer off it for word processing :unsure: !

Lots of PC emulators around for the old machines to enable you to run the old classics - Jet Pac, Manic Miner, Jet-Set willy, Pac Man, Defender, etc. This is a nice touch to give the old skool feel to it as well.

Ha. You win.

I always thought it strange that we had comps at Intermediate but, by the time we got to College, they'd all disappeared.

Girls were more interesting by that time anyway.

We had an Atari 2600 then an Amstrad then thank god for the Amiga 500 B)

yea we started off with an Atari 2600,

then onto the master system, mega drive

after that we got our first pc, an intel sx25 with a whopping 4meg of ram and a 171meg hard-drive - it could only just run Doom and I could only have 2 games installed at the same time coz of the little hdd; I have fond memories of playing Jazz Jack Rabbit, Doom and Master of Orion on that pc

My first was an AMIGA 2000.

Floppy disks games FTW.

Oh I don't need one. Still have my working C64. Had it since I was 7. Now nearly 30.

Never owned a console in my life, started out on the old 386, 5 1\2 floppy were the sh*t. PC for life

Did use to play alot of Streets of Rage and Double dragon etc on my mates Megadrive thou and still play alot of classics on the emulators.

In college we had the use of apple 2e's , Playing lemon aid stand and choplifter. I even branched out and tried some hacking with bag of tricks lol, thought it was pretty cool back then. Got expelled 3/4 of the way through form 3 and that was the end of my only apple experience.

I recently downloaded all of Commander Keen and a Dos emulator - Not the oldest, but one of the coolest.

Earliest game I remember playing was Colossal Caves on a Mac Doorstop.

Sega Mastersystem/Megadrive were my era.

post-5113-1302068385.jpg

Dug this out when i visited the grand's this xmas. Old skool portable gaming haha

^^^ could be worth a bit, i have the original Donkey Kong (2 screen, DS looking thing) and my mate sent me an e-bay link of one going for $500US :o ...still sitting in a box at my olds but might get around to listing it :rolleyes:

We have still got one of these my partner won this in a colouring in competition in 87 or thereabouts made by fisher and paykel as a prototype, never sold commercially, he brings drinks to you and has a tape deck that you can pre-record messages etc, he's real cool even have the box still.

post-4282-1302209070.jpg

just had a look around we have rubics cubes, snake, pyramid rubics etc, captain morgan, simon, computer battleships, donkey kong 1 and 2, octopussy, real old jack in the box, quite a few old toys from the 70's and 80's.

does anyone remember those mini games they put onto watches?

if my memory isn't failing me, I had a watch in primary school that had Mario on it

oh and I still have my mega drive II hooked up in the bedroom lol

Edited by Wom

, octopussy

No No we were talking about old tech stuff not old sex toys :rolleyes:

I had a calculator you could play boxing on that was pretty cool in its day.

I played original donkey kong, space invaders and pacman at work today. Wow do they suck.

if my memory isn't failing me, I had a watch in primary school that had Mario on it

Yip, had one of those with mario bros built in. Wish I knew where it went.

oh and I still have my mega drive II hooked up in the bedroom lol

I had a digital calculator watch that had pole position on it.