Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

Speed tolerance lowered for easter!

Two cars back behind me was a highway patrol car, who after a minute or two of this nonsense put his lights on and went past me and pulled over the tool in front, who took about 30secs to realise a) there was a police car behind him and B) it was HIM they wanted to pull over.

this needs to happen more often. There is a difference between cautious and stupid.

Is it actually illegal to flash your lights at oncoming cars, warning them of speed cameras ahead?

Yeah apparently you can be done for obstruction. Cop would have to be a complete div though.

Maximum $4000 fine or 3 months imprisonment.

The objective of lower speeding tolerance is commendable. It is true the roads are full of inattentive mongs driving far too slow.

But there are also far too many arrogant, impatient, dangerous drivers on the other side of the coin. This policy is trying to change their attitudes and I'm all for it.

So everyone have a bit of patience this weekend and don't expect traffic to be light. I'm terribly sorry you'll have 3 minutes less in the company of your mother in law this Sunday thanks to the 95km/h drive on the way over.

Yesh, yeah, lets name and shame traffic officers who are going about their jobs under instruction from their superiors.

What a top idea!

Actual lol.

Same sh*t, same smell even. I'm glad to be on Barrier over this weekend, no chance of getting a speeding ticket if I'm not driving.

Drivers do have the right to go slower than the posted limit, if they want. BUT... they must keep to the left and let faster traffic past!! I hate it when I see slow drivers hugging the centre line with a holier-than-though attitude that says "I am going slow, and I will do everything I can to make YOU go slow as well!" Oh, those that speed up in passing lanes after going 80k's, BAD!!

Yeah apparently you can be done for obstruction. Cop would have to be a complete div though.

Maximum $4000 fine or 3 months imprisonment.

The objective of lower speeding tolerance is commendable. It is true the roads are full of inattentive mongs driving far too slow.

But there are also far too many arrogant, impatient, dangerous drivers on the other side of the coin. This policy is trying to change their attitudes and I'm all for it.

So everyone have a bit of patience this weekend and don't expect traffic to be light. I'm terribly sorry you'll have 3 minutes less in the company of your mother in law this Sunday thanks to the 95km/h drive on the way over.

Ok. Yeah thats what the cop threatened me with. Wasnt sure if he was been a wanker and making sh*t up or not, so I played along agreed with him and off I went.

Edited by polley

on another note, if you drive fast enough the cops will give up chasing you for speeding... ;)

/rant

You are better off tackling this through the right channels rather than the equivalent of outing your ISP on Geekzone because your internet connection is not working.

I think the speed limit should be 75km/h on the open road since the horrendous state of New Zealands open roads could damage our cars suspension components etc.

End random comment.

Get better suspension then. Yours is obviously sh*t.

True that, I have no issue with them at double the speed limit. (Closed roads)

So, lets see how many cops we can name and shame on this site - lets see how many snakes you can get photos of?

Sweet photo of my cat just now! he's not moving unfortunitly

Posted Image

I do have one grizzle though that I must get out. I do a lot of driving, so I do appreciate the cops doing their bit to keep the roads safe, but when they tailgate cos your only doing 50, rather than 60 in a 50 zone it is rather annoying. (GPS verified 50kph btw.) To be fair I agree that the street in question should never have had the limit lowered from 70 to 50 anyway, but if I have to abide by the laws i'd prefer they set a good example too!

Fair call of the 100km limit........................................ THAT is bullshit.

make your mind up.YOU are the one responsible for getting a speeding ticket....YOU and you alone.If i am on the open road and i come upon a slow driver,i willovertake at the first opportunity and i WILL exceed the speed limit doing so...if i get caught thats my fault.Then i will resume my 108 km hr....

Sweet photo of my cat just now! he's not moving unfortunitly

I see your cat and raise you a firefox.

Posted Image

Edited by Matt45

on the topic , some idiot rammed the back of my car driving from work , bumper , lower valance and big under boot damaged

great start to the weekend!!

Well took us 7 hours to get to Napier yesterday, still same old story with a*holes doing 80 then accelerating as soon as passing lane comes, saw a few idiots overtake on double yellows, etc, etc. So no improvement in general driver behavior, what a surprise.

on the topic , some idiot rammed the back of my car driving from work , bumper , lower valance and big under boot damaged

great start to the weekend!!

f**k that sucks to hear. Some lady went into the back of my e28 one rainy day last week, lucky i had a tow bar. Which went right into her radiator ahahaha.

Love towbars for that same reason hence most of cars have had them

Love towbars for that same reason hence most of cars have had them

Got them put on both of my cars for mainly that reason.

Funny thread is funny. Read it whilst I was on the shitter.

I have no input. I haven't touched a car since the 17th

I haven't touched a car since the 17th

Inappropriately?

I haven't seen any homax yellow M3's to touch naughtily sorry :(

I haven't seen any homax yellow M3's to touch naughtily sorry :(

Maybe ya broken E30+5 might need some attention?