Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

E30 Mtech 1 M50B25, Parting out

Parting out my project -

1985 Mtech 1 E30. Uk import 323 sport. $$$$$$ spent over christmas 2010. Receipts can be provided.

You will not be dissapointed with parts, lots of new gaskets/bolts/nuts etc used, and most parts given a tickle up only a few months ago, so will literally bolt on with little hassle, cleaning or $ to pretty up. All mounts etc were new 6 months ago, literally every lock nut in the car was replaced :P

No time wasters or dreamers, no money no part :D Car will start to be parted next week, if you want your name on something, 25% deposit required.

Photos of car/parts here http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....t=0&start=0

Grab ya self a deal, grab all the bits to M50 your E30 on the cheap, or make it handle like a go kart.

General -

85 E30 coupe shell, rust in the usual spots, paint is fuct, random aftermarket front bumper (BBS?) Mtech 1 skirts and rear end. BMW NZ towbar. Will not be rolling, No front seats or dash or steering wheel, but everything else is there. Electric windows, Electric sunroof. Front glass is new. Spare wheel is bottle cap alloy. Likely includes anything that isnt listed seperatly here. Ask if unsure. $500

E36 318 radiator with built in tank, Near as new condition (6 mths old), made it taiwan if I recall (not shitty chinese one anyway). Brand new radiator cap. $100 - SOLD

E30 Tech 1 front and rear kit, Greenish colour, good condition $300 - SOLD

E30 Pfl bumpers, decent nick, chrome will clean up well $150

14" Electric fan with Davis Craig thermoswitch $50 - SOLD

E30 dash, clean and tidy condition, few little cracks but not bad $100 - SOLD

E30 Tech 1 steering wheel, clean and tidy $150

4x100 17" Alpina replicas, very nice condition, one has very minor curbing from memory. Mint 3 month old Toyo T1R 215/40/17's! Includes hubcentric adapters $900 SOLD

Recaro's, forget the name (same as Evo 3/ M3 evolution) grey, Average but totally usable condition. Reclinable on approved sliding rails to suit E30 coupe. $300 SOLD

1 week old battery (yeh...) $100 (Cost $150)

E30 Battery in boot kit - Complete $80 SOLD

Driveline -

M50B25 (NV) out of an E34. BLOWN HEAD GASKET :(. Runs fine and other than the headgasket is pretty good. Lots of new seals, new waterpump etc etc etc etc went into it a few months ago. Includes loom to adapt to this E30, computer etc. New 02 sensor. No flywheel or engine mounts, but everything else you would expect on engine $400. Includes new oil filter and a bunch of random gaskets for it (not head gasket ;) ) SOLD

M20B23 single mass flywheel, machined to fit M50. ~6kg. Was cleaned up and resurfaced for clutch during swap. Includes uprated LUK pressure plate, kevlar disc, throw out bearing etc. Consider the clutch only broken in! $250 - SOLD

Getrag 260 Gearbox, shifts perfectly, no noises etc. Redline fluids in it. All seals replaced and box cleaned up $400 SOLD

Driveshaft, new guibo, new hanger bearing, new bolts and nuts $100 - SOLD

Z3 Shifter, with all new bushes etc. $80 - SOLD

3.64 LSD, Less than 40,000 km on this diff! It is mint, Redline fluids in it. Polyurethane mount. Probably the best E30 LSD diff for sale in NZ at the moment! $800 - SOLD

325 halfshafts, new inner CV boots - $80 SOLD

E30/M50 Exhaust. Custom made 6-2-1 headers, 2.5" with 1 resonator and 2 mufflers. Ready to bolt on. Sounds the sh*t! $1000 - PENDING

E30 brake disks and pads, all four, near new condition. Will match pads to disks $100. SOLD

Suspension -

Front arms (steel) with lollipops, near new ball links, 95 ksi polyurenthane bushings on everything else. $200 for the pair - SOLD

Rear suspension arms & centre, 95 Ksi polyurethane bushes on everything $200 for the whole thing. SOLD

Whiteline Sway bars, with polyurethane bushes. 22mm front, Meyle HD links. 16mm adjustable rear $480 SOLD

BC Gold adjustable coilovers, Tig'd to E30 51mm front strut. Near new condition, Includes all tools etc & NDT Cert for welding. $1000 - SOLD

Front strut bar. Ultra racing, sprayed mat black and tweaked to fit E30 properly $50 SOLD

E30 M50 Bits

E30 M3 loom covers, as new, tweaked to fit M50. $150

E36 Arms with M5 engine mounts (correct ones, ie one for compression). Mint condition $150 - SOLD

Getrag 260 Modified crossmember, E21 mounts (beefier than stock). Mint - $50 -SOLD

Renault Clio booster, mint, with adapter to suit E30 master cylinder - $100 SOLD

Will add more as I remember.

Edited by Jacko

Real shame to see this, I really enjoyed your progress!

How's the steering rack?

VV Interested in the G260 too.

Edit 1: Picks of the G260 modified cross member please?

Edited by Sam@TMBMW

Sorry to see this happening Chris... especially after all your research & hard work

Cheers guys will get on to the PM's and phone calls now.

A number of people want combos and multiple bits. Can be done, its gonna require a few sorry's but sold though. End of the day its gonna have to come down to first with cash, as well as first to pick up.

It'll likely start to be parted on monday, maybe later in the week depends on workload in the shop. What isnt sold will be stored, if you can pick it up/pay quickly, it'll save me the hassle of storage so you'll go up the list :D

It sucks to do this, it was my baby for 4 years, but is becoming too much of a money/time/energy pit. Having to pull it all apart again to do the head gasket broke the camels back. Im busy as feck at work, and am off to the states in september (Got a Challenger RT hire car though :D ), so really dont have time to screw around with it.

Sam@TMBMW -

Steering rack seems fine, no noticeable play, its armstrong model BTW. The rod ends were done in december, Ill throw in the coloumn with 3 month old flexbush if ya want it :D

Not sure if I have a pic of the cross member, its a standard one, with the LHS Raised ~40mm (memory) using a welded sheet steel "box". Supports the gearbox properly with the different angle the M50 sits on. The rubber mounts were new genuine BMW E21 ones in december. Theyre are larger and stiffer than the stock E30 ones, but have slightly larger threads (requires a minor wipe with a file to where they slot into box)

Edited first post.

PENDING - Is wanted, will be changed to sold when paid for/picked up. If your interested in going on the waiting list for a pending sale, PM me and ill be in touch if first ( or 5th in some cases!) one falls through.

Will sell 17" Alpina's, with no tyres, for $500.

Looking like it'll start to be parted monday.

paid for my bits including the booster.... wanna chuck in the rear arms as a freebie??? :P

Cheers!

Updated first post. Add a box of corona's and the rear end suspension is yours ;)

Anyone interested in the shell? with lots of stuff still on it.

Am flexible on the price, would hate to see it go to be made into paint cans :o Plates are still live, it has wof and rego too :P

Dropped some prices in original post,

Cant beleive wheels/tyres/gearbox/recaros and swaybars remain un claimed :D

Edited by Jacko

Pictures of recaros?

Pictures of recaros?

Theyve got a few little rips and tears around the bolsters (I glued the foam back together inside), not suitable for a concours car, but they arent a skanky mess either.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/p9180307large.jpg/

Theyre on NZKW mounts - http://www.nzkw.com/index.php?main_page=pr...products_id=277

With sliding rails as well. The mounting for the seats was ~$400 for the pair new 6 months ago. I bought the seats 2nd hand off APT awhile ago for ~$350.

Edited by Jacko

Forgot to mention, the gearbox has a new slave cylinder on it. Input, ouput, and shifter seals are new.

Z3 gearstick includes faux leather boot with M stitching :P

M50 includes a bunch of extra gaskets/orings etc (just went and found them all 5 min ago), and a spare starter. The engine could be stripped further and parted for much more money than im asking (coils/DME etc etc etc). Apart from the headgasket its very tidy, see the pics of its insides in the build thread.

Engine and box going together http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/522/pc020525large.jpg/ Rattle gun and sledge were used removing the rear subframe... Not for putting the engine together :D

And an M50'd E30 is not complete without the M3 loom covers ;)

Edited by Jacko

Just dropped the E30 off at the workshop. Drove flawlessly the whole way, im gonna miss it. Sucks, its the same feeling as driving your family dog to the vet to be put down :(

At leasts its internal organs will live on in other E30's :D

Been driving a tidy low k's SW20 MR2 for the last week, was starting to like it, then I drove the bimmer again, and what an epic sack of sh*t compared to the E30, I will own another (v8 touring tickles my fancy )

Am willing to take offers on the shell, with varying degrees of completeness, save it from the scrap metal dealers. Front screen is new, all the glass is good, it is straight (but a bit rusty) and it has 3 pedals, reg and wof ;)

Edited by Jacko

Give me first refusal on the recaros! And m50 have pmd!!!

Updated first post with some more solds.

Haha there's a lot more I woulda bought off you had my money situation allowed, but got the main bits I actually needed thanks haha

Latest round of PM's replied to, If I you havent got a reply from me Im sorry, PM me again, barely have time to scratch my ass at the moment and am getting HEAPS of PM's, little bit over whelming to keep track of it all :D

Updated first post again.

Car should be near totally stripped by lunchtime tommorrow, If I havent sent you a PM with pickup details and I was supposed to Im sorry, PM me again please.

Tim has a list of piles of bits too get off, if ya see something missing that you want with it when picking up (ie nuts bolts to attach etc) hit him up, gonna have a massive pile of parts for him to sort through.

Any issues gimme me a holla.

PM box keeps filling up and making it even harder to keep track of stuff.

Will consider offers on Engine + Box + Shell + Wheels + Swaybars, Make me an offer ;)

If anyone wants E30 coupe bits, door cards, rear seats, switches buttons, glass, electric aerial, panels, lights etc etc etc Yell out.

Edited by Jacko

Taking tenders on the shell. Best offer within 24 hours takes it, PM me.

Save an E30 from the metal recyclers :o

Edited by Jacko

Getrag 260, M50, Shell with heaps on it etc remain. Make me a resonable offer.