Sign in to follow this  
dreadful1

demerit points

Hey guys,

I was just curious on what are the offences that you would lose demerit points?

I know getting pulled over by a officer would mean some demerits off but what about say like getting pulled over and they give you a pink sticker or something like that?

Yongxi

Creating excessive noise within or on a vehicle 25

Does that mean my stereo cant be too loud or the wife shouting at me to slow down :lol: Edited by sp8s

Does that mean my stereo cant be too loud or the wife shouting at me to slow down :lol:

I wonder if that includes other activities with a wife in the car? "SHOOSH.... you'll get me 25 demerits!!!"

Thanks for that, yeah I saw the noise one and was thinking hmm.. what would they consider as noise haha.

I'm quite surprised at the numberplate one as most people just get let off with a warning.

What have you done Yongxi?

done nothing much wrong..

had just finished work and was heading onto the motorway on hobson st and I thought the motorway was 100 limit so i accelerated until then but since it was down a hill, might of went over abit.. next thing I see is lights flashing behind and pulled over straight away.

Turns out the motorway was an 80km/h zone and apparently clocked at 118km/h so thats 38km/h over the limit and 2k off from loosing my licence... I was lucky. 50 demerits.

So im guessing getting like a pink sticker doesnt mean loosing demerits although the sticker plate would lose me 25 so im putting the original on!

anyone know about position of the plate it has to be in? Can I just cable tie it to my lower grill bit? I don't have a plate holder.

50 demerits, ouch.

28 days suspension as well?

had just finished work and was heading onto the motorway on hobson st and I thought the motorway was 100 limit so i accelerated until then but since it was down a hill, might of went over abit.. next thing I see is lights flashing behind and pulled over straight away.

100km/h you thought ?! 80km/h is pretty clearly sign posted and has been in effect for many months.

You'll need to be more careful.

So does 40kay on Ponsonby Road, 70kay on Newmarket over-bridge and 30kay on Queen Street.

Now here is somthing interesting, I got hit with 20 demerit points and $150 for failure to come to a complete stop at stop sign.

This one was a midnight hit, nothing on the roads bar a dozen police cars hidden in the shade crossing a single lane of traffic and I didn't let the suspension come to a complete rest.

Anyway

Looking at the rules, this is what I got demerits for

Proceeding before the way is clear at a Stop sign

The way was completely clear, it was midnight and there was nothing on the roads.. or did they give me demerits for somthing else?

I got a warning the other day actually for having my music up too loud and there was too much bass. The officer said to me "With your music up that loud we would have to think you are a boy racer and trying to cause trouble" i just agreed with him and thought, oh yeah im a boy racer in my 1.8litre station wagon...

I'm sure 'boy racer' wasn't the first set of words s/he thought of

Edited for p.c

Edited by bbs

anyone know about position of the plate it has to be in? Can I just cable tie it to my lower grill bit? I don't have a plate holder.

Two options

* OEM m3 plate holder

or

* Carefully nylon fishing line the sticker off with 'desolvit' to help remove the glue .. it will take some time .. but works without damaging the paint. Use proper 3m panel tape to tape the number plate onto the bumper .. make sure both surfaces are clean. It is water proof, make sure that when you align it its how you want it else the only way you can get it back off is fishing line and desolvit again.

i got pulled over by a cop when i rolled up to a stop sign, rolled back slightly before taking off. He pulled me over and said I didn't come to a complete stop. We agreed that I rolled backward slightly, but he insisted that I didn't come to a complete stop. I managed to convince him that rolling back means that a complete stop did occur.

He let me off with a warning...what a muppet - basic physics!

Dad told me back in his day of getting driver lincence, Stop signs means stop, hand brake, neutral gear then foot off the brake pedal then take off again. We sure are getting lazier.

Dad told me back in his day of getting driver lincence, Stop signs means stop, hand brake, neutral gear then foot off the brake pedal then take off again. We sure are getting lazier.

Or smarter... handbrake/neutral/foot off brake seems like a big waste of time.

Or smarter... handbrake/neutral/foot off brake seems like a big waste of time.

It'll stop you getting pinged. My driving instructor taught me to roll up to a stop sign in 3rd, so you wouldnt be tempted to keep on driving, and only chuck it back in 1st once stationary.

Remembering that the whole point of a stop sign is to STOP, check that it is CLEAR, then GO.