Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

This is Music Videos

Guest Ari Gold

I Love music. I've got a collection to make your eyes water. Let's see your favourite vids!

Rules:

Description / link / Work safe or not / Why you like it.

Simple! GOGOGOGOGO

You knew id play!

Worksafe-ish

Because its an unashamed piss-take of 'gangster' videos

Guest Ari Gold

Metronomy - The Bay

/ WORK SAFE / I love this track because it reminds me of the brilliant summer I had with a couple of forum members... We took close to two months of leave off between us and couldn't have had a better time. We were in the Bay of Islands, the Hauraki Gulf, Matarangi Harbour etc etc, but we had one of the best summers one could expect to have, and this track and its footage sums it up perfectly. When I sit at my desk, I can put this track on and my mind instantly flicks back to the brilliant times we had.

Guest Ari Gold

Nosaj Thing - Night Crawler

/ WORK SAFE / I discovered this track last night, I found the link on Reddit. Being a long time fan of Nosaj Thing, I was stoked to see this mashup of the worlds second greatest free diver (the worlds best is NZ's own, William Truebridge) do a cutup video of diving down a 200m hole in the Bahamas. It's a different way to look at free diving, and one I fully approve of. I hope this video increases awareness of the (extremely dangerous) sport.

Guest Ari Gold

Mr. Muthaf**kin eXquire ft. Despot, Das Racist, Danny Brown, EL-P - The Last Huzzah

/ NWS / Instantly the cleverest rap video of 2011. Released late in 2011 with the smartest rappers on the scene, it might be a "boring" video, up until you watch EL-P spit a 16 bar rap while he's telling you all about it. Genius.

this ones not really a music video, though maybe is should be

its an ad done to celebrate 20 years of antispeeding/drunkdriving etc commercials in aussie

R.E.M everybody hurts

i like it because its done with video that evokes emotion at just the right points in the song

even if you dont like it you will drive slower the next day

Metronomy - The Bay

/ WORK SAFE / I love this track because it reminds me of the brilliant summer I had with a couple of forum members... We took close to two months of leave off between us and couldn't have had a better time. We were in the Bay of Islands, the Hauraki Gulf, Matarangi Harbour etc etc, but we had one of the best summers one could expect to have, and this track and its footage sums it up perfectly. When I sit at my desk, I can put this track on and my mind instantly flicks back to the brilliant times we had.

Not really something I would go out of way to listen to but I really like that song for some reason.

The Beards - You should consider having sex with a beard man

/ NSFW / Their latest in bearded hits and despite being a bit of a piss take band they play some really good rock. For a bunch of Aussies. Videos is pretty funny too

Example - Kickstart

/ Work Safe / Again not really my type of music but it reminds me of the 6 weeks I spent travelling around Europe last year. 3 of which was on Contiki and this was our day song. I hated the song for the first week but then by week 2 started to like it and now I'll just chuck it on when I want to drift away.

Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BpfydZdTE0...l875l9.6-1l10l0

Censored (slightly) version, you need to log into youtube to view, but almost SFW.

Not their best song, but such a great, great video. I like it because it reminds me of quite a few stupid nights out from years ago, and for the kicker at the end.

These were some crazy times, and from the looks of things they had the best drugs back then. I think alot of music these days was influenced by these "Asshats". 4:00 is the best. Its awesome

Youtube Link!

Work safe - very much so. share it with everyone you know. It will make the world a better place.

Probably more of a performance than music video. I like the entertainment factor of the blue man group. They make up there own percusion instruments and at some point add paint to the drum skins. They often re-do remakes of pop 1980's songs. Work safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyL09hTLOls

Edited by Neal

Will let the song speak for itself....

A Perfect Circle - The Outsider

NSFW

- Bikini Bandits

- It has a Black Charger in it

- Was all I used to listen to bashing around in my old E30 at high school

- The song isn't bad either

Stephen Marley - Hey Baby /

/ Safe / Not a fan of reggae but I can't stop listening to this track, one of my favourites from the last couple years for sure

I think this is a homebrew video but

either way I reckon its well done

Arkasia - Fall of the republic

A few of my favorites...have heaps more :)

Guest Ari Gold

Kill Da Hype - Electroboy is back

/ work safe / I just like anything with Jean Claude Van Damme in it. Pretty WTF video though.

EL-P - Deep Space 9mm

/ NWS / One of my favourite hip hop artists, off one of his earlier albums and this really spoke to me as a pissed of 18 year old

Killing Joke - Love Like Blood

/ WS / Got introduced to Killing Joke when the guys from Sommerset used to DJ for me at work, massively underrated aussie band, their riffs were ripped off blatantly by the Seattle grunge scene.

DJ Format - We know something you don't know

/ WS / Hip Hop videos should be fun, this one features a furry rapping shark and a tiger. Features Charli 2na from J5.

Rock Ross - Hustlin'

/ NWS / Rick Ross espousing the best of the rappers life - he'd later be outed as a former cop. One of the best examples of the "southern" hop hop lifestyle. Also features a garish white E65 on 22" rims.

Inner City - Good Life

/ WS / if you remember Simon Grigg dropping this at Box on High Street, you're officially old.

Antipop Consortium - Ghostlawns

/ WS / the quickest, cleverest rappers since Pharcyde. I had to listen to this probably 50 times before I caught the whole thing.

Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Thou Shalt Always Kill

/ NWS / I nearly crashed my car the first time I heard this track, and the album quickly became my most played for over 18 months. Bitingly clever lyrics, paired with some brilliant beats. Not a week goes by when I don't play this. Clever video as well... The Beatles, just a band.

Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Letter from God to Man Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Thou Shalt Always Kill / NWS / Got me through some seriously tough times, the video matches the lyrics and music perfectly. So good Thom Yorke never sued for them blatantly ripping off the riff.

Leftfield - Swords

/ WS / I spent a summer working on a farm and all I had for company was an iPod (15gig, yeeaaahhh!) I bashed a sh*t load of Leftfield (both albums) and when I was working in the pissing rain, this song always seemed to come on. Seemed apt.

Kid 606 - Sometimes

/ WS / If 9/11 was a beautiful act, not a horrific one. this video actually predates the towers falling, but the past always has a bit of synchronizing with the future.

Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life

/ WS / If you've ever been in love, you'll know exactly how this video feels.

Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy http://youtu.be/5Az_7U0-cK0 / NWS / Chris Cunningham and Richard D James, a powerful mix make. Leave the lights on.

New Order - True Faith http://youtu.be/cTjyiWKIOX0 / WS / Sums up the early MTV years perfectly. Years later, I still have no idea what is going on.

NWA - Straight out of Compton

/ NWS / The birth of the rap video as we know it.

Nirvana - Smell Like Teen Spirit http://youtu.be/kPQR-OsH0RQ / NWS / I was 8, my baby sitter showed me how to wear my Chicago Bulls hat backwards, my old mans' cool friend let me borrow his Nevermind tape, I played it until it snapped. Life changing. I can still sing every song on Nevermind word for word.

Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice

/ WS / A brilliant use of samples within the song, but you've also got Christopher Walken doing the dance moves he deisnged himself. Easily one of the top 20 videos of all time.

Radiohead - Street Spirit (fade out)

/ WS / One of the lesser known Radiohead videos, but especially poignant.

Blur - Coffee an TV

/ WS / right in that sweet spot Blur hit after their poppy sh*t and before Albarn went all weird with the Gorillaz (aka the time when they alienated all their original fans) this is off their album "13" which easily takes a slot as one of my "desert island discs." It's a milk container with facial expressions. Magic.

DJ Shadow - 6 Days

/ NWS / Hearign this for the first time shows you just how far sampling has some. Everything he's done ever since feels hollow.

Pharcyde - Drop

/ WS / Mind Blowing if you've never seen this video, your brain is going to dribble out your ears. Filmed in one take by Spike Jonze, see if you can work out how they did it... Cause I've been up in my Lab assemablin'

Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar

/ WS / Music videos filmed by brilliant directors are magic, and this one by Michel Gondry is no exception. The cinematography is brilliant, but it matches the way the Chemical Brothers play live as well... You should take what I'm taking...

Peter Gabriel - http://youtu.be/hqyc37aOqT0 / NWS / It's the eighties, you love it. This video made me feel dirty when I was a pre teen.

Beastie Boys - Sabotage -

/ NWS / The beasties bring cop-drama-epic to a music video. I got given Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty for placing first in class when I was in fifth form, and later went on to high-five the king Ad-Rock at a BDO. Is any of this relevant to my CV?

UNKLE - Rabbit in your headlights

/ NWS / Brilliant song, harrowing video.

The Streets - Don't Mug Yourself

/ NWS / Big night on the gear? This will ring true. This video has happened far too often in real life.

Guest Ari Gold

Spandau Ballet - Gold

/ WS / I love the eighties, you should too.

A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (so far away)

/ WS / EIGHTIES f**k YEA.

Atmosphere - Your Glass House

/ NWS / Drinking and you: a cautionary tale. I used to do this with a girl every 2/3 days until I realised she thought that me turing up hammered drunk at 3 in the morning was cute and she wanted more than me sleeping off my hangover at her house while she was at work... Ugh, brain, please stop :-(

Regina Spektor - Us

/ WS / That breakup from about that Bright Eyes song is still hurting...

Michael Gray - Weekend http://youtu.be/GR8jOJZERhs / NWS / Thanks a LOT Calvin Harris for ripping this song off. This used to be my Friday afternoon banger... No longer.

Antiform - Bombtrack

/ NWS / Check out Josh's sexy legs in shorts.

Cadence Weapon - Sharks

/ NWS / Seriously clever 16bit / real life hybrid video.

Machines of Loving Grace - Perfect Tan

/ WS / Brilliant early nineties rock.

Bros - When Will I be Famous http://youtu.be/hDrGBVAvF1M / WS / Even yet still more eighties.

Lacquer - Behind

/ WS / Two dudes drive across America, I've been watching this video fro nearly 15 years and it never gets old.

Circulation Desk - Bitches Ain't sh*t

/ NWS / 11 sorority girls doing barbershop Dre. Brilliant.

Professor Green - Upper Clapton Dance

/ NWS / Classical music paired with Brit rap, got me through most of the sh*t that was 2011.

James Blake - Limit to your Love

- WS / Most creative artist of 2011, but some margin. This track will destroy your subs.

Jamaica - I Think I like U 2

/ WS / Amusing parody of the music industry.

Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - Jacksons Last Stand

/ WS / Their lead singer jumped off a speaker tower and killed himself after they performed a gig where some people got crushed in the mosh. Makes it much harder to listen to and you can almost hear the tension in his voice. A massive waste of talent at 22.

SFW, well the video anyway

the song may not endure universal appreciation