Sign in to follow this  
Wom

Towie supposedly goes for hoon

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article....jectid=10799668

geez, I would be super pissed if that happened to me

but then again I wouldn't be getting impounded in the first place because I'm a good boy lol

anyone care to share their stories of experiences with towies?

I'm sure there's a few of you that have had some "fun" dealings trying to get them to admit to damage etc

I goddamn hate towies, I don't trust them what so ever.

A friend had his motorbike impounded, and stole it back a few days later.. Just walked in with his helmet on, found his bike and rode it out.

Another friend had his car impounded and found his ipod and cash stolen when he got it back.

It's the only thing that would piss me off / worry me about having my car impounded.

Im not surprised! I had a car impounded for 28 days when i was younger and the bodykit was damaged/broken when it was returned... the tow company denied responsibility but after the policeman vouched that it was undamaged when it left his view they replaced/panel and painted the rear end.

Yeah we got our car towed in town one night, I think it was parked on yellow lines or something. We carried on drinking and went to pick it up the next day. 2 cameras, an iPod and a full bottle of Jameson was missing ( ok, to be fair we may have drank the whiskey). We hit them up about it and they blatantly denied they were there. It was clear they had been through the glovebox etc too but we couldn't prove it which I guess is why they get away with it so easily. Scum bags.

supposedly parking with the front wheels turned stops them towing RWD cars, is that true? ive never been towed just clamped a few times, which is stupid because the car then blocks the road/driveway/footpath for even longer than it would have before

supposedly parking with the front wheels turned stops them towing RWD cars, is that true? ive never been towed just clamped a few times, which is stupid because the car then blocks the road/driveway/footpath for even longer than it would have before

I've seen this just drag the car on to a flat bed truck before, handbrake on tyres and alarm howling.

Had a mate get his car impounded, came back missing almost half a tank of gas and someone elses cd wallet

Set up a "bait" car, get it towed. edit videos and put on youtube for lulz.

the common theme seems to be that they get away with heaps because it's basically their word against yours, and who are the cops going to believe? Someone who broke the law and got their vehicle towed or a law abiding business owner?

My car was towed because of a breakdown - towing company managed to lose it and took them an hour or so to work out which of their yards it was in the next day.... :sigh:

The guy who towed it filled out a condition report with me which I signed off - I would imagine they would have to fill these out for any cars they towed or impounded. Guess they might get "amended" if there are any accidents when they tow.

Edited by NZ BMW

Can't expect more from such a crowd really!

Good call; the man who becomes a towie was never in line for something more esteemed like a surgeon or the like.

Good call; the man who becomes a towie was never in line for something more esteemed like a surgeon or the like.

Graeme Hart was a tow truck driver :rolleyes:

Had one of my old 180sx's towed once. At first I did not know it had been towed. Was late in the arvo outside my work in town. Called the police as it was more likely that the car had been stolen as it was in fact parked in a legit park. I waited a day and a half to find out that it had been towed and that the tow company was late to register they had done so.

I had two car clubs searching for the car. It came back to me with a cracked bodykit and alignment issues. Also cost a douche at my work $240 for getting it towed.

I don't trust towies at all. Most of them carry slide tools to break into cars. So they can release handbrakes etc..

It is also not the first time East City Towing has got into trouble. They were caught doing burnouts in their own driveway in an impounded/stolen and recovered commodore. And I am pretty sure there was involvement in a the stolen car parts ring that was being run by the panel shop in their driveway. Would have to confirm that though. Unfortunately I know the assholes that were involved in it.

I think it is if you turn you wheels so when they start to tow it would hit a wall/other car might theorically stop them towing. But if they have one of those trucks that just pick the car up, or put those dollies under the wheels you are stuffed.

Hey if I was a towie I'd probably take your m3 for a burn.