Sign in to follow this  
tmase

E39 540i 6 Speed Manual

This link from Trade Me popped into my inbox this morning - though people might be interested. If the 6 speed manual is factory new, and combined with the Schnitzer treatment would make it a pretty rare car in NZ.

yep i had a good look over that car when it was parked a few hundred meters from my house one day. has unfortunately been treated like a dog though, its very rough some of the skirts broken etc

E: that is.... if its the same one. the one i saw looked identical to that...

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Slim odds that there'd be two black ones around the Wellington region. Condition might explain the lack of pics especially the interior.

16k you have to be kidding.

Mine is going on TM when I get round it for $11990 ono & its in good nick.

A busted up ACS kit isnt worth $4k

You'd think when trying to get top dollar for a car, people would put on more than 2 half-arsed blurry photos.

There's a 63 VW Beetle someone wants 15K for and all the pics are blurry. They are also taken at night. Outside, in the rain.

I guess being a factory manual helps... but maybe not that much. I'd have paid that for it if it was at 120kms and a tidy facelift... but that's still over $9K more than our manual 525i was.

looks great but dramatically overpriced imo. I love the looks but at 207000km i dont think many would want to be paying 16k for it...

You'd think when trying to get top dollar for a car, people would put on more than 2 half-arsed blurry photos.

There's a 63 VW Beetle someone wants 15K for and all the pics are blurry. They are also taken at night. Outside, in the rain.

I guess being a factory manual helps... but maybe not that much. I'd have paid that for it if it was at 120kms and a tidy facelift... but that's still over $9K more than our manual 525i was.

525 manual vs 540 manual are two VERY different cars, 525 seems too under powered for the size of the car but the 540 takes the weight like it's a feather, so effortless!

Manual makes so much difference, Marks 540i6 goes nuts just when you're cruising, stupidly quick car.

Removing the weight of an auto box would help a lot with that

525 manual vs 540 manual are two VERY different cars, 525 seems too under powered for the size of the car but the 540 takes the weight like it's a feather, so effortless!

Manual makes so much difference, Marks 540i6 goes nuts just when you're cruising, stupidly quick car.

^^all of the above,and its still has the heavy,factory dual-mass flywheel (15 odd kgs).

(can get a hold of light weight flywheels and clutches)

Yeah, I get that... but $16K for a rough one?

it is actually a genuine S5

one of approx three in NZ, with it's build configuration and it is a tidy example.

not a converted auto or bodykit slap on

It has mistaken for another want to be S5

Edited by JKSE

Jon-that being the case then it does certainly add some value...still priced too high for any 96 e39 with that mileage I would have thought.

Having said that its a cool car.

one of approx three in NZ, with it's build configuration and it is a tidy example.

not a converted auto or bodykit slap on

It has mistaken for another want to be S5

There is a bunch isn't there? 'Been discussed on here before, I'm sure Sam can tell us how many were kitted up as S5's

they just a kit arent they,a m sport with an acs body kit and wheels?

The 6 speed manual box is no featherwieight

Edited by kiwi535

if a bodykit slap on is an S5 then mines an S5 too B) okay the rough one i saw must have been a fake, or thats had a lot of work done to bring it up to scratch. the one i saw was a manual 540i though, i looked at the rego sticker :P

they just a kit arent they,a m sport with an acs body kit and wheels?

The 6 speed manual box is no featherwieight

20kg less.

I have seen the s5 package spec sheet somewhere on the net that said

upgraded valve springs

ac cams

ac exhaust ( assume muffler and tips only)

ac bodykit

ac wheels

power was said to be atleast 315hp

Edited by andrewm

As I understand it an S5 will include engine & suspension & bodykit upgrades amongst others.

It has always been possible to order from new a dealer specd version which is mainly the cosmetic bits.

Because BMWs options are almost limitless it would be interesting to see this ones build sheet.

I'm shielding my head as I say this in fear of starting that old chestnut up again, but:

BMW will fit ACS kits, badges, performance upgrades how you like, when you like and to what level they/ you like. S5 nomenclature as time goes on has become less strictly indicative as M5 or B10. End.

Over priced, but not my business. Good luck seller.

I agree dr hibbert