Sign in to follow this  
JDMGTB

super charged E46 M3

Seems like a good deal if you got a spare $39K, I'd personally buy this over any others on TM, seems like good value for money considering others are asking similar prices for standard M3's.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-484568550.htm

Edited by JDMGTB

Link? What car are you talking about... I cant find it on TM

Boom

I certainly wouldn't kick it out of bed for farting.

Edited by Gaz

I wonder what else has been done to strengthen things? I mean, 253kw standard now pumping out a whopping 450kw and 605nm must create quite a strain on things...

Nice car but that colour would make me want to gouge my eyeballs out.

Yeah, like what Clinton mentioned, wouldn't this make a somewhat stressed engine, too stressed? Leading to premature failure..?

I wouldn't personally be confident in buying such a car..

Yeah, like what Clinton mentioned, wouldn't this make a somewhat stressed engine, too stressed? Leading to premature failure..?

I wouldn't personally be confident in buying such a car..

Yer, unless it's had sh*t done to it to make it stronger than god i.e the diff from a dump truck, the gearbox from a aircraft carrier, and railway sleepers welded to the chassis to stiffen it up, brakes the size of Jupiter to pull the bitch up, and or a parachute/battleship anchor.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

That is a quick fire way of saying good by to the SMG. This is a kit you can buy from the states, comes with everything you need, plenum, all the coolers, new DME plug and play type. I looked at it for a while but then saw the price. $4,500NZD.

This is a kit you can buy from the states, comes with everything you need, plenum, all the coolers, new DME plug and play type. I looked at it for a while but then saw the price. $4,500NZD.

do it thats cheap horse power , think of how much you would have to spend on a NA engine to get half as much extra power from it

go on do it

then i might change my mind about yellow cars :rolleyes:

That is a quick fire way of saying good by to the SMG. This is a kit you can buy from the states, comes with everything you need, plenum, all the coolers, new DME plug and play type. I looked at it for a while but then saw the price. $4,500NZD.

Suspect the SMG would be fine. HPF have done some 1100hp M3 Turbo builds with this gearbox

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetail...ts/E46_M3/11037

If I win lotto , I'm sending the car to the USA.

is that cable ties going from the charger to rad support? haha

Yeah the colour is god aweful and to be honest in my opinion so are the rims. But everything else is exellent. Would be better if it were a hard top coupe, but imagine the noise with the roof down? Straight 6 & super charger screaming in union, would make for a great Sunday drive. The money you would save on doing these mods yourself would be a return on it's own. If there was a failure, just make it better, bigger cams etc etc, the list would go on and you'd end up with an epic car.

Edited by JDMGTB

I see this car every week. The wheels are sick. I was shocked to see it's supercharged! It sounds stock and I have never seen him boost it.

Well Clinton, the diff might as well be off a dump truck, so you can rule that in as ok. Its 210mm diameter, weighs 45kg.

do it thats cheap horse power , think of how much you would have to spend on a NA engine to get half as much extra power from it

go on do it

then i might change my mind about yellow cars :rolleyes:

Yellow cars are where it's at Brent.

Would be a nice kit but I have better things to spend that money on.