Sign in to follow this  
E36 M

2013 Boss Mustang 302

I know this isnt a "Euro" car but its something new my Father and I have acquired along with the other BMW's we have. I believe it is going to be the only one in the country when it arrives, it is currently on the water and should be here within the next 3 weeks.

Specs about the car,

Running a 5.0-liter V8 engine that produces 444 horsepower and 380 lb/ft of torque, 6 speed manual, left hand drive, bought the special package with the LSD and recaro racing seats,

0-100km/h - 3.9 seconds (estimated)

top speed - 168mph

Photos are exactly how the car will look, colour wise.

post-3157-1340700238.jpg

post-3157-1340700248.jpg

Wicked dude, Enjoy! A hell of alot of car for the coin

My family has got a 2007 GT500. Left hook takes a while to get used to.

PM me if you need help with compliance or LHD permits etc

Nice. Really liking this new muscle car era, these new gen cars can actually handle and stop too!

They do a factory "track pac" for the new model that looks like a bit of me.

Better still check out the tuned version from about 4min on in this video! Yes please.

What would the cost be in purchasing the car, bringing it here and putting it on the road?

All up the cost was around 50k converting it to Nz money and everything.

All up the cost was around 50k converting it to Nz money and everything.

Pretty good going really. I'd have gone for a Challenger personally, or Camaro! - just to add more pre-historic leaf spring setups to NZ.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Pretty good going really. I'd have gone for a Challenger personally, or Camaro! - just to add more pre-historic leaf spring setups to NZ.

+1, challenger for me.

Euro Fords are nice, the yank and aussie ones no thanks

As long as the boat isn't Rena II.

+1, challenger for me.

Euro Fords are nice, the yank and aussie ones no thanks

Precisely. Focus/Mondeo e.t.c are good cars.

It would be a viable option to actually get a Challenger in but the conversion to RHD (which I couldn't live without) would kill the price.

That's awesome value for money!

Makes owning such a car all the more fun IMO.

Yeah, but doing research and actually driving a Shelby GT500 2010 model, the boss was just a no brainer for us, have driven a camaro but they just don't put out the figures that the new mustang does. And from memory the camaro was a tad more expensive. None the less very happy and cannot wait when it arrives =D, unfortunately ill be in thailand, anyone want to go and pick it up.....? :P

Yeah, but doing research and actually driving a Shelby GT500 2010 model, the boss was just a no brainer for us, have driven a camaro but they just don't put out the figures that the new mustang does. And from memory the camaro was a tad more expensive. None the less very happy and cannot wait when it arrives =D, unfortunately ill be in thailand, anyone want to go and pick it up.....? :P

nah bro the rear tyres were almost bald when i picked it up

If it's figures you're after then the Mustang is the way to go. But if I personally am buying a muscle car then I want looks and sound, doesn't necessarily have to be the fastest. If I wanted fastest, I'd drop the money on a 911 Turbo, BMW M5 or something else European.

Fair enough. But the mustang is faster than a M5 and 911 porsche around Nurbergring and from 0-100km/h. And you can actually take out the baffles to make it sound different, not to sure weather i like it but i guess will have to decide when i try it myself

Edited by E46

Is there a quick way to tell if it is a real Boss or not? There is a burnt orange colored one that looks identical to the one in the picture in the Wairau Valley. Was parked at that American car parts place on Wairau Road. Didn't have black wheels. But same lights and stripes. Had a dealers plate and was left hook. Might be getting converted there?

Is there a quick way to tell if it is a real Boss or not? There is a burnt orange colored one that looks identical to the one in the picture in the Wairau Valley. Was parked at that American car parts place on Wairau Road. Didn't have black wheels. But same lights and stripes. Had a dealers plate and was left hook. Might be getting converted there?

Umm the boss has the black rims unless the owner changed them. Also the stripes are the same as the picture and says boss 302 on the side Edited by E46

Fair enough. But the mustang is faster than a M5 and 911 porsche around Nurbergring and from 0-100km/h. And you can actually take out the baffles to make it sound different, not to sure weather i like it but i guess will have to decide when i try it myself

A Mustang is quicker than a BMW M5 and Porsche 911 Turbo around the ring?

Fark!

Zat vont impresss ze Germanz!

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Some inspiration for you when it arrives

That's how i will be driving it ^^ :-) yeah its faster by 4 seconds around laguna seca against the m3 aswell

Sounds great, would it handle better than a new M3 though? Must be straightline speed. After driving one at the start of this year I rekon and M3 would handle better than my old Porsche Boxster and that thing was unbelievable in the corners.

One Mustang that I'd love to own would be the shelby super snake. There is one around Wellington. 725hp !

Good question. Nothing handles as well as a German built car compared to an American muscle. It has alot of understeer through the corners but yeah mainly just acceleration it gets the m3. Should be interesting to see what it is like on our roads, got to get used to driving on the left and side and changing gears on your right.

The car has finally arrived, and holey smokes this thing is INSANE!

Arrived on the Friday and by Saturday we had already taken the exhaust plates out to make it sound better and wow, what a difference it makes. Unfortunately have to put them back in as it needs to be complied and will not pass with them out as it is far too loud!

Couple of pictures.

post-3157-1342948417.jpg

post-3157-1342948426.jpg

Nice! And liking the bold colouring - suits these cars -Mustangs, Challengers etc.

Gotta say, Mustangs left me after the late sixties cars, along with Camaro's of the same vintage.

Only the recent models that I can say I have liking for.

So they can actually go around corners now <_< Always makes me laugh seeing a mid 70's Corvette with a Model T style rear leaf suspension :blink: Yanks are slow learners...