Sign in to follow this  
mcgca817

New memeber in AKL

Hi there,

Just introducing myself, have just picked up a 1996 313i Coupe that's been converted to a manual. Awesome fun to drive. First BMW for me too.

I'm pretty sure a bimmersport member used to own this car before me, perhaps some of you recognise it?

Posted Image

213720000_full

welcome.

sweet ride.

Did you mean 323i?

welcome.

sweet ride.

Did you mean 323i?

This is the very rare 313i.

Haha yeah I meant 323i!

you need to track down the bottom part of the motorsport lip mate.

looks naked without it!

Welcome, nice score Cameron!

I think those wheels are particularly well suited to the E36.

Nice looking car. Not enough red cars around anymore... 50 frickin' shades of grey every we look!

you need to track down the bottom part of the motorsport lip mate.

looks naked without it!

^

Welcome

Welcome, nice score Cameron!

I think those wheels are particularly well suited to the E36.

yep I agree.

Welcome

I'm pretty sure a bimmersport member used to own this car before me, perhaps some of you recognise it?

Hmm nope but im sure I spotted you parked at the Telecom Mayoral Drive carpark yesterday ? Very nice car, it caught my eye :)

Can help you out locate the motorsport lip for it too .. OEM new and fairly cheap :)

Hmm nope but im sure I spotted you parked at the Telecom Mayoral Drive carpark yesterday ? Very nice car, it caught my eye :)

Can help you out locate the motorsport lip for it too .. OEM new and fairly cheap :)

That was definitely me parked in the MDR carpark, will send you a PM about the lip - sounds epic.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone too.

Bingo, is indeed my old car. Very nice, sad to get rid of it but needed more power.

My only advise, please dont wreck it.... its too nice to turn into a drifter or some such rubbish.

My only advise, please dont wreck it.... its too nice to turn into a drifter or some such rubbish.

Word

Bingo, is indeed my old car. Very nice, sad to get rid of it but needed more power.

It's a beauty of car, looks like you put some serious work into it!

No chance of me turning it into a drifter or anything, I pretty much want to keep it exactly how it is, minus the ghastly stickers the previous owner has plastered all over the glass.

Really good to hear its gone to another loving owner, was really worried it'd get snapped up by some muppet that would wrap it around a tree.

Off the top of my head i did the front lower control arms (including nolothane bushes and new ball joints), manual conversion (including all shifter bushes), the arm rest, general service (engine/trans oil/filter, spark plugs), and gave it a general tidy up.

From the pics i saw on trademe i suspect it had the front bumper painted after i sold it? Was quite badly stone chipped when i had it.

Nice car! I remember looking at this car when it was listed.

KwS so you went from this 323i to ur 525i?

323i - CL1 Torneo Euro-R - 525i

525i was well under powered (same engine as 323i) but damn it was nice to drive.

KwS has owned more cars this year than I have owned ever.

From the pics i saw on trademe i suspect it had the front bumper painted after i sold it? Was quite badly stone chipped when i had it.

Nah the bumper hasn't been painted, still reasonably badly stone chipped at the moment.

That's on the future to do list, but it needs a service, pollen filter changed and the gas struts for the bonnet replaced first.

Have got the front lip on order too.

Thats odd, the gas struts were perfect when i sold it. Also just FYI if it hasnt been serviced since i sold it, i ran Valvoline Synpower (5W30 i think) in it.

Edited by KwS

Thats odd, the gas struts were perfect when i sold it. Also just FYI if it hasnt been serviced since i sold it, i ran Valvoline Synpower (5W30 i think) in it.

Thanks mate that's good to know, doesn't look like it's had a service in a while.