Sign in to follow this  
CSET

M TOY M3

7 hours ago, m325i said:

You can't stop your order at just a bootlid????!?!

If only it were that simple 

• Haha 1

Off to get the clunk fixed finally! I was holding out to get this car to Autohaus but have another one taking up hoist space there and hope to take this away next week. 

9-B154587-0-C91-4-E58-B6-F0-C2-AC080-EC1
 752-E924-C-EBA2-4455-89-D2-DDD11-E9-A9-F

• Like 1

New battery, few more clicks of soft in the suspension and road trip ready...!

921-F3-AC2-D3-AD-4-E75-9093-2-E02-CC4751
 C50693-E5-0-F76-4-F66-99-AB-4-E95994895-

• Like 2

saw you this morning at drury offramp :)

looks good

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 3:48 PM, BM WORLD said:

saw you this morning at drury offramp :)

looks good

Ah! I was doing a little shakedown pre-trip run to Pukekohe and back :)

Made it to Cooks Beach and back perfectly fine, now it's off to get the center hanger for the driveshaft replaced. 

CB0431-AF-B747-414-F-BDA7-EF60-ED6-FB0-A
7-CB3-F83-B-1-EAF-435-D-A16-F-68-EB0-FF5 

• Like 2

Turns out the diff bushings are dead as well - joys of cars :)

Edited by CSET
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CSET said:

Turns out the diff bushings are dead as well - joys of cars :)

that's one where you have to buy the whole OEM cover, or use aftermarket bushings

• Thanks 1

Yeah going aftermarket, second set in a few years so I want something stronger. 

MTOY is now TIER. I had this plate on another car for a while, but time for a change. I like 4 letter plates. 

Also has a new water pump. Plans are to actually drive this car; it has travelled around 1,000kms the past year, and barely any of it with me driving. 

Next up replace the brakes. It's running CSL rotors, calipers and textile pads but they're getting a bit low. Likely going to do Stoptech bbk. 

TIER2 (Large).jpg

Tier1 (Large).jpg

• Like 3

I'm guessing Textile = Textar... ;)

BBK just because? Or do you have trouble with the CSL setup?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

I'm guessing Textile = Textar... ;)

BBK just because? Or do you have trouble with the CSL setup?

Yeah bloody phone autocorrect, textar. Original CSL's were good, but I'd prefer slotted discs. And if I'm changing discs, may as well do it properly. 

Edit: didn't mention above, CSL discs are wobbly and I don't want to skim them. 

Edited by CSET
  • Like 1

Wow so long since I posted that I forgot my password. This one has had a couple of small updates, new big brake kit has arrived, swapped on the semi slicks + e39 wheels (painted gloss white), new tune for the carbon CSL intake and had the RTAB's replaced again. Need to do a nut & bolt check then ready for the South Island tour next year. For now she's sitting pretty in the dust-free Showcase. 

F2-A24-A3-B-D3-B6-4789-8157-D20-BB3-FDE2
BBDF2549-39-AD-4-B5-F-A7-DF-AD63-FC5-A65 
683-CAB0-B-A78-F-48-F3-91-CC-3-D64633-FA

• Like 4

That big brake kit 🤩

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 1:24 AM, CSET said:

Wow so long since I posted that I forgot my password. This one has had a couple of small updates, new big brake kit has arrived, swapped on the semi slicks + e39 wheels (painted gloss white), new tune for the carbon CSL intake and had the RTAB's replaced again. Need to do a nut & bolt check then ready for the South Island tour next year. For now she's sitting pretty in the dust-free Showcase. 

F2-A24-A3-B-D3-B6-4789-8157-D20-BB3-FDE2
BBDF2549-39-AD-4-B5-F-A7-DF-AD63-FC5-A65 
683-CAB0-B-A78-F-48-F3-91-CC-3-D64633-FA

Looks fantastic! I may be mistaken here and slightly off topic but are those callipers the same as found on a stock 135i? Look remarkably similar.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, elias said:

Looks fantastic! I may be mistaken here and slightly off topic but are those callipers the same as found on a stock 135i? Look remarkably similar.

Yep the BMW Performance calipers are the same as 135i's. But fancy yellow gold paint!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

Yep the BMW Performance calipers are the same as 135i's. But fancy yellow gold paint!

I see, yes the gold paint does look much fancier, if anyone is after a set I will have a used set for sale soon

• Like 2

On 12/26/2022 at 7:32 PM, elias said:

Yep, heck of an upgrade for the old e46. But that being said, I'm having a little trouble fitting the e39 wheels. Have spaced the fronts but running into some other issues (the hub locator rings barely fit on the spacers, and I don't like spacers in the first place...).

Chances are I'll swap the e9x 18's on for a try then failing that will revert to CSL 19's. Albeit not as much sidewall and a seeminly harsher ride, they still handle okay and look great. 

On 1/10/2023 at 10:48 AM, CSET said:

Yep, heck of an upgrade for the old e46. But that being said, I'm having a little trouble fitting the e39 wheels. Have spaced the fronts but running into some other issues (the hub locator rings barely fit on the spacers, and I don't like spacers in the first place...).

Chances are I'll swap the e9x 18's on for a try then failing that will revert to CSL 19's. Albeit not as much sidewall and a seeminly harsher ride, they still handle okay and look great. 

Yeah Id imagine so, good brakes for sure! CSL wheels are beautiful, used to have a set on my car, albeit reps as I wanted 18s, now running apex wheels for greater brake clearance. Beautiful car you have by the way!

Edited by elias
  • Like 1

It's only been a year since an update ...! Not huge progress in the past year, just under 500kms driven since last Jan and some custom audio work by Rapid. They made a false boot panel to block off the rear with a sub in it, the noise difference is immense. They also installed one of these Sony CarPlay tablet things with a reversing camera, oo-er so modern. 

Living in a Showcase currently (these are cool) but out this arvo for some trim tidyups then we have some branding being applied next week or two, watch this space :) 

TIER1-Large.jpg
TIER2-Large.jpg
TIER3-Large.jpg 
TIER4-Large.jpg

• Like 1