Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

So i got the car scanned today...

Well done Andy, impressed with your keeness to tackle the project

good stuff dude. how did you find the conversion easy/difficult.

Freakin Awesome.

I like the oem typre look too - no cheapass pod filters and 400 rolls of green insulation tape you stole from work.

Fuel comnsumption should be pretty OK, once you stop putting the boot up it.

Well done!

Actually, when you think about it a bit more, it's like it's now got two engines in it! The V12's were basically 2 6's hotglued together - has 2 ecu's and all, doesn't it?

Actually, when you think about it a bit more, it's like it's now got two engines in it! The V12's were basically 2 6's hotglued together - has 2 ecu's and all, doesn't it?

It's two M20s. Like actually.

Sorry Andy :lol:

Was rapid and thirsty, oh so very thirsty!

For sure now the weather is turning on and daylight savings is here. I'll have a lot more free time in about 3 weeks so perhaps we can sort something then?

November sounding good. Up for a run to Lake Ferry for a pub lunch ? Could do a combo run, Bimmersport and BMWCC Wellington ?

Freakin Awesome.

I like the oem typre look too - no cheapass pod filters and 400 rolls of green insulation tape you stole from work.

Fuel comnsumption should be pretty OK, once you stop putting the boot up it.

Well done!

Yes, standard airboxes and exhaust. Havent decided if i want to open it up a bit more or leave it "standard". It hauls ass like it is, so its not a decision i have to make quickly. Anyone that knows my cars knows i like them being presented as though they left the factory this way, and thats why a Link ECU was out of the picture in my head.

It's two M20s. Like actually.

Sorry Andy :lol:

Lance tells me its more like two 6 cylinder M40s right down to the displacement of the cylinders than it is two M20s. I havent done enough research on the innards of the engine to tell you one way or another. But yes its running dual factory ECUs etc, and is the reason its running a custom loom, you cannot marry the M70 into a car thats built for only "one engine". I should stop giving away Lances trade secrets though.

November sounding good. Up for a run to Lake Ferry for a pub lunch ? Could do a combo run, Bimmersport and BMWCC Wellington ?

I had better start saving for gas haha, but jokes aside yes im very keen! Been a while since ive seen the bulk of the Welly members. For the younger members, uni and techs should be all finished by then, i know i graduate last week of this month.

good stuff dude. how did you find the conversion easy/difficult.

So Mellopuf did all the custom work & actually fitted the motor?

Yes Lance did the conversion itself and got it running etc. Conversion is incredibly involved, and has taken a few weeks over a year to do in Lances spare time. I did everything else suspension wheels kit paint interior etc plus Lance helped a bit here and there. He really is a wizard i think! I am currently in the process of doing the non-WOF electrical stuff like the interior lighting and stereo and heater fans etc. to make it from a go kart with a big boot into an actual car.

After my experience doing the E30M52 conversion, i found the wiring incredibly time consuming in that project because I am colour blind, so each and every wire i had to trace to its source etc. Thats the reason that car took me so long to get going and when it finally did i was amazed but vowed never to do it again. Printed curcuit electronics im brilliant at, modules, IC Chips, computers and the likes, because i can see everything in front of me. But complex system wiring im no good at for this reason.

So when i thought id be keen on a 540i but loved my calypso wagon, and i had put a lot of work into it already, swapping the engine was the only way to have both. But if im swapping the engine why go for the "boring" M60?

So I managed to talk Lance into doing the engine wiring and so fourth, and ill take care of the rest. Stereos and any future mods etc ill be doing though.

copy and paste from my bimmerfest.com thread

-----

well, ive had the car for three or four weeks in 100% drivable condition, and all road legal.

ony have four issues to sort out on the car now!:

- have hooked up the stereo and somehow in the process stopped the window wipers from going.

- im considering getting some errors flashed out of the body control module, such as the self leveling suspension and rear fog lights, as those errors keep coming up because they are non existent. i dont even know if this is possible however, this is last on the priority list.

- I don't get front fog error, presumably because the E32 the engine/wiring/modules came from didnt have front foglights. The car does have them however, and i need to run wires for those. technically, the car shouldnt have passed a warrant without them going, but never mind.

- car has also developed an oil leak. not all the gaskets were replaced in the process as they are several hundred a piece for this motor so i thought id take the gamble

anyways, here is some photos for you all! im trailing new host settings on Photobucket, so let me know if you cannot see them and ill change. they are also reasonably high resolution so may take a while to load. They are taken with my iPhone 4S as that is currently the best camera i have. im not a photography guy and nor do i claim to be.

There is also a video i made on the same day as doing these photos, and also some clips of it at the track day i did in this car a few weeks back. The car looks slow in that videos and it is. I either do not believe in stupid speeds on public roads, or im not stupid enough to film and post on YouTube, you decide ;)

Lets get into it:

A few of my E34 and my E30 Daily at my work

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hood on....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and hood off :thumbup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:bigpimp: :roundel:

Man I love this car! Hope they're your skid marks...

Man I love this car! Hope they're your skid marks...

;)

Mega jealous, that is a gorgeous wagon!

thanks mate!

Your runners need polishing!!!

And a road trip up again is requiered.

Your runners need polishing!!!

And a road trip up again is requiered.

yes they do! thought about doing the silver/black treatment that E30 M20 owners often do, but google pictures look crap. not sure what to do about that!

And sure, ill bring a BMW this time ;)

Lol I just noticed where your cert plate is :P

hahaha

yes they do! thought about doing the silver/black treatment that E30 M20 owners often do, but google pictures look crap. not sure what to do about that!

And sure, ill bring a BMW this time ;)

You'll get boo'd again if ya don't.