Sign in to follow this  
328FTW

$31,085 in fines

Glovebox was stuck shut; so today I drive a screwdriver through the latch and break it open hoping to find a pot of gold.

Instead I found this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I added up the fines quickly. $31,085 gross. The balance maxxed at 14k. I also found some more parking fines for failure to display rego etc which were council issued and it seems left off the list so over the years this guy has probably had over $35,000 in fines. It's almost hilarious they just kept fining him like it was effective in the slightest.

There isn't money against the car, it's just staggering how long this went on. I'm rating this up there as one of my most interesting finds in a car I've bought.

just goes to prove whats wrong with this system

i started working at $8 an hour, worked my way up to $26 an hour now at the age of 22

if only i was a total git like this guy i could earn $180 an hour doing community service.

totally unfair

He has more in fines than a check out operator at my work earns in a year.

A bloody slow learner IMO. The dosh that he's wasted, imagine what that could have been spent on instead or saved!

A bloody slow learner IMO. The dosh that he's wasted, imagine what that could have been spent on instead or saved!

WASTED??? Did he pay the fines? If it's all outstanding... he hasn't lost much.

They'll probably wipe them. That seems to be a standard "consequence".

edit: pictures don't show at work :rolleyes: . I can see them now!

Edited by Allanw

Some people actually need to be shot. I'd do it too!

The thing that gets me about that list, is there are fines for the same offences over and over again, and the fine stays the same.

Surely the fine should increase each time, double even, $300 first time, $600 second then $1200. So it soon escalates. Fining the same $300 each time makes no account of previous and for a repeat offender such as this obviously doesn't work.

ouch!~~~ most intresting findings in a car ? AGREEED ~

The thing that gets me about that list, is there are fines for the same offences over and over again, and the fine stays the same.

Surely the fine should increase each time, double even, $300 first time, $600 second then $1200. So it soon escalates. Fining the same $300 each time makes no account of previous and for a repeat offender such as this obviously doesn't work.

There shouldn't be outstanding fines, total reaches say 3k, car gets taken, sold. You get the balance back when you do a course or alternatively it's a piece of sh*t and it's sold and you're held liable for the rest, arrested if you're caught 3 times with outstanding money. More than enough chances, doesn't piss around. Even if you're loaded it's inconvenient to have the car taken.

ouch!~~~ most intresting findings in a car ? AGREEED ~

I find a lot of things in cars, not much surprises me anymore. It's onwards to a better life now <3

It seems really stupid that you get fined more for "Learner Licence Unaccompanied" than you do for "Never Held a Drivers Licence". To make it worse, if you have a learners licence and didn't display L plate they add another $430.

As stupid as the fines system is, it gets nowhere near the stupidity of the guy who racked up all these fines.

It seems really stupid that you get fined more for "Learner Licence Unaccompanied" than you do for "Never Held a Drivers Licence". To make it worse, if you have a learners licence and didn't display L plate they add another $430.

As stupid as the fines system is, it gets nowhere near the stupidity of the guy who racked up all these fines.

The guy needs to be in straight jacket IMO. He's an absolute waste of space and a burden to the country.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

I would hate to see a list like that of my fines over 10+ years :(

A Teenage kid I worked with had a little under 50K in fines converted to 350 hours community service and i've probably worked with another 2 or 3 whose fines were in the tens of thousands and also got the fines converted to community service.

Most of these fines are based around cars and licenses etc and i can't even be bothered bringing up about how crap our justice system is.

sadly in amongst all those fines is one for a charge for careless driving causing injury. Clearly the system doesn't work when you have an idiot constantly being a douche on the road unlicensed or whatever.... who then takes out an innocent bystander, too many times i have seen the innocent ones paying the price for another ones actions.... the government and police w@nk on about lack of funding or whatever, when common sense would dictate if they did step up their game, make penalties more hefty they would make the money they seem to lack, they would reduce the idiots on the road, and we all will be allot safer.

It's kinda funny i am saying all this though, it wasn't that long ago i was young and foolish, and yes i have had my fair share of speeding fines, ( 3 loss of licenses and a careless use of motor vehicle charge ) and my fair share of idiotic accidents due to speed, but at some stage i learnt my lesson and found that it's allot cheaper (and safer) to play the game and abide by the law. When i look back on my past driving record the only thing i am proud about it is the fact that although i did come close to injuring another member of the public... I never did. B)

Edited by 3SeriesMotorSport

same here, have only had one ticket since i lost my licence, and that was for no seatbelt (i was backing a trailer out onto the road, in Hawera of all places). Is a real wakeup call. One of my mates younger brothers has lost it for street racing when he f**ked it up and crashed into the other guy also street racing that took off. Im just glad i didn't drive for a job when i lost it like he does, the paperwork is enough to put anyone off.