Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

What a sad sight...Wrecked Schnitzer 3er coupe

There's nothing Schnitzer about that car except the wheels and the badge on the grille.

Owner is talking a bunch of bull (or has been spun a story by a previous owner which he's passing on)

This is the Schnitzer kit for the E46:

Posted Image

It's either not the only red one like that or it was parked by Grey Lynn park for a weeks a couple of months back. If it's the same one it looked very nice (genuine ACS or not). Shame to see it trashed.

I doubt very much if there is a genuine S3 in the country.

That E46 above isn't worth what they are asking.

$2000 on a good day..

Notwithstanding the fact that it doesn't take a genius to presume that it just has AC badges and wheels, when I was a teenager I remember our neighbour getting an identical car in Dakar yellow and it was some form of special edition/ order. This may be from the same handful.

Wrecked cars make me shudder these days where once I imagined a bargain.

A BMW wrecker offered him 2,700.

This is a clubsport in it?

^Weren't the clubsports the last E46 coupes with facelift headlights etc and sport kit, jazzy paint, M5 style wheels and a boot spoiler?

I thought Clubsports were big f$%k off HSVs with a big lump of V8 pig iron under the bonnet?

There were a limited number of late E46 M3 coupes which were sold as "CS" in the UK, a not quite as radical version of the CSL. Don't think it's one of those though...

At the risk of derailing a thread for good (sorry OP, clean this up if necc!) this is what we in NZ as a clubsport:

Posted Image

Most were in Estoril ish blue, and a similar shade of purple/violet

Edited by nath

PFL Clubsport for sale on trademe

To keep the OP on track, the red car has the sport kit which was available before Msport kit came out. A mate of mine (Hamish who used to have an M3 Evo on here) had a manual 328i Sport as pictured, when we were students in Duds. It met a remarkably similar fate.

Clubsport has special trim and was available in Manual or SMG from what I can remember.. if they had of fitted them with a better diff ratio and limited slip they could have been almost convincing as a performance car.

Would love a 330cdi Clubsport with straight pipes and a dirty remap!