Sign in to follow this  
polley

318i coupe

I see the jet ski is on hold lol

• Like 1

What coilovers did you use in this? Looks like shocks are adjustable also?

Xzy from speed factor. Shocks adjustable

• Like 1

I see the jet ski is on hold lol

Got the paint for it a few weeks ago, just been busy with exams and fixing other people's things so far :) it's too cold to ride it anyway lol.

Did you build your own exhaust manifold? currently building similar setup and exhaust manifold is one part im stuck on

You need to sus an inside mount for the cam, like up on the back window so there's a bit more going on to watch. First person viewing is a bit ho-hum after a couple minutes.

Quite a smart car though, sounds fast.

The ol C10? Chev truck though! lol! He's got that going pretty good!

Put the camera on the back window last weekend at Hamptons but can only see inside the car, must need to change some settings on camera.

Good news is I've sorted the overheating issues I had last time and also the brake fade issues.

Need to learn and play with suspension settings and tire pressures - I have no idea what I'm doing!

Tried a few different things. Last time I was out there was a dude helping me out said they were way too high and he dropped them all. Turned out to be around 20psi cold, not sure what they were hot at that time.

Next dude I talked too reckoned they need to be up around 30psi hot, went out at 25 and came back in at 28.

Other people telling me they need to be up around 35. So I really have no idea where I even want to be starting after all this conflicting info.

Haha yeah it's pretty subjective too. Suspension, driving style, track temp etc all make a difference obviously. I found 25 too low for big brakes and a little bit more power. 27 cold seemed to go ok and survive 8 laps without going off. Think they were coming in at 30 or so. Some guys swear they go out on 34 etc. I'm no expert at all But I seemed to have a good run at 27 cold on a hot track, hard suspension setup.

Haha yeah it's pretty subjective too. Suspension, driving style, track temp etc all make a difference obviously. I found 25 too low for big brakes and a little bit more power. 27 cold seemed to go ok and survive 8 laps without going off. Think they were coming in at 30 or so. Some guys swear they go out on 34 etc. I'm no expert at all But I seemed to have a good run at 27 cold on a hot track, hard suspension setup.

Will try 27ish next time.

This must be the reason my welder has rubber in it..
Very nice car. Have you got the traction control going on it?

This must be the reason my welder has rubber in it..

Very nice car. Have you got the traction control going on it?

No welders were harmed :)

I have mounted the sensors and wired them in and confirmed ecu is seeing them, just haven't configured TC yet.

• Like 1

That is awesome.

What hp are you getting?

Was 360hp last time it went on the dyno. Suspect it's around the 400 mark now after a bit of tweaking.

Went to take it for a burn up the drive the other week and with any revs it would die and stop, and get worse the warmer it got.

Found an intermittent cam shaft sensor issue, found the cam sensor wire had partially come out when I had been doing the wheel sensors. All running sweet again, time for more tinkering :ph34r: and get out on the track more often

Edited by polley
  • Like 1

A bit of destruction on a sunday arvo. RIP 3rd gear.

20160221_202501.jpg

Edited by polley
fix pics
  • Like 1