Sign in to follow this  
_Matt_

Worst open road E30 ever!

Probably feels like driving a remote controlled car... And max 100km/h... how can anyone live with that?!

Pictures of the actual components would have been nice. Othervwise it looks like he selling a run of the mill E30 for a stupidly high price.

not a bad price at all. if that top speed is too low for you you could put a higher geared diff in there if 100km/h is too slow for you.

Pictures of the actual components would have been nice. Othervwise it looks like he selling a run of the mill E30 for a stupidly high price.

Exactly, who thinks of taking a photo of the "electric" sticker and not the actual motor :/

I wonder how fast it would be with my sub, amp, + headlights on at night time, heater going.. mmm probably has no form of a/c or heating.

I wonder how fast it would be with my sub, amp, + headlights on at night time, heater going.. mmm probably has no form of a/c or heating.

if you only need to go a few ks to work or the rail station it would be fine.

if you only need to go a few ks to work or the rail station it would be fine.

I just putt to work and home in the v8 and it uses bugger all fuel so i couldn't justify that price to do the same but use no fuel.

There is a guy in Wellington who is converting an E36 328i to electric. I wonder, why?

Edited by skidz

I just putt to work and home in the v8 and it uses bugger all fuel so i couldn't justify that price to do the same but use no fuel.

Yeah... it would take a LOOOOOOONG time to recoup the $13,000-ish premium in the fuel savings... but then that's never stopped people before!

what does he mean at the end when he says "you could spend 60 grand on a mitsubishi and get similar performance"

what does he mean at the end when he says "you could spend 60 grand on a mitsubishi and get similar performance"

He seems to be comparing it to this

http://www.mmnz.co.nz/imiev/

However that has climate control, a top speed of 130km and a range of 150km as well as Airbags, ABS, ASC etc

So its not really that similar.

Edited by Charles32

Be fine around town, normally electric cars have reasonable torque which is even better for around town again. I could have thought of a better body to put the gear into tho :rolleyes:

For a long time I have been against electric cars and this one with a top speed of 100 doesn't do it for me. Although this video made me wonder, if only electric cars are on the road this is what i'll be driving..

Saying that you can never beat the sound of a petrol engine mmm yum yum

Would rock a lecky E30, would need massive false M20 tappet noise pumped through the audio system though.

Probably feels like driving a remote controlled car... And max 100km/h... how can anyone live with that?!

From my observations 95% of the "drivers" in NZ could live with 85-90.

Would rock a lecky E30, would need massive false M20 tappet noise pumped through the audio system though.

Ahahahahaha! Troo! It's just not the same without it!

Hmm, I'd do an electric E30... just not a rough as guts one.. I wonder if there's enough room to electrify a vert? although you'd probably want something absolutely basic, manual windows and manual sunroof...

you can always install an electric heater system.

Would be kinda cool if someone tech2 kitted an electric E30 with dished wheels hahaha.

Hmm, I'd do an electric E30... just not a rough as guts one.. I wonder if there's enough room to electrify a vert? although you'd probably want something absolutely basic, manual windows and manual sunroof...

you can always install an electric heater system.

Would be kinda cool if someone tech2 kitted an electric E30 with dished wheels hahaha.

My 316i would be a good candidate! manual everything already

Yeah and no Check Control wiring...

I wonder if you could connect a manual box upto the electric motor for some extra control.