Sign in to follow this  
HELLBM

A Hot Day in Hell

Our neighbours premises exploding. Thankfully only one burn casualty.

post-1470-1361178226.jpg

Saved all of my cars and shop equipment. Thank god for concrete firewalls and fhe quick response from the fire brigade.

Holly crap! What was it that exploded?

was a processing ste for Suckem Dry. Stored some pretty wicked inflammable coctails. Edited by HELLBM

Snapping Arse! Were you there when it happened?

Did you need clean undies?

I was about 10 metres away behind a concrete wall. This was one of a series of explosions snapped from a couple of K away top of Silverdale hill for those who know where we are. Now its cleanup time along with business as usual.

Foo looks hot, was actually expecting (hoping for) scantly clad women and BMW's.

Glad to hear you lost no stock, hope clean up goes well. Hope the guy next door recovers/is not dead.

That is not the sort of thing you want happening near your business how are the nerves for you and the team. With that cocktail next door a different location on the cards Ray wonder if the Labour Dept will be making a call?.

Been there done that, not a nice experience mate.

Years ago i was working in a paint & panel shop in Takanini, one of the panel beaters was welding in the engine bay. Smoko time came so we all went upstairs, 10 min' in a customer came upstairs and said "There's smoke coming from that blue car downstairs", so we all ran down and the retard panel beater flung the drivers door open and gave the fire a big gulp of air and that was that. Couldn't get the car out of the shop as it was on the chassis table with no wheels. The boss rang fire brigade while we tried to put it out but by then the engine bay and interior were ingulfed. The boss came out of the office and said "Fire brigade says if we can't get it out safely then get out of the building", so that's what we did.

We were all standing on the side of Great south road watching smoke billow out of the roof when the fire trucks turned up. Head honcho comes up to the boss and says "So, mate, how much thinners is in there?" To which my boss says "A half full 60lt on the bench, a new full 60lt on the floor next to it and a half full 205lt of waste thinners near the back roller doors" Fireman says "Oh, ok, we'll just stand over here with you guys for awhile then, it's too far gone now and we'll have to wait 'til the thinners goes up before we'll go in"

So long story short, after 3 hours, one hole in roller door where the 205lt blew and a large hole in the roof where the half full 60lt went through and traffic on Great south road detoured we were allowed back in.

NOW, the moral of the story kids is 'If welding in or on a car, be sure seam sealer or under body coating is not smoldering BEFORE you go for smoko'

Would make a great advertising poster!!

Hell ye

(luck only one was hurt)

Edited by sweetm3

Would make a great advertising poster!!

I new there was a silver lining somewhere, certainly crossed my mind.

Big thanks for the numerous offers of assistance from the Bimmersport community. All under control at the moment for some reason today has seen the highest turnover so far this year.

Apologies to the customers who are not receiving prompt attention at the moment.

Woah thats crazy! good you guys and the stocks ok. Awsome pic for whoever snapped that one