Sign in to follow this  
central3

E46 M3

Withdrawn from sale - I was looking at buying another (very low km) E46 M3 but took some advice from a well respected BS member and some of the comments in this thread.

Some on here will know this car and the work I have done on it (search maintenance and appearance forums for threads showing work carried out). I am looking to on-sell very quickly in order to purchase another vehicle. Details are

NZ new 09/02 M3 manual in Steel Grey with 108K on the clock

Purchased 07/11 for $35K and since has had $8K spent on maintenance and detailing

Paintwork looks great but has an of fine stone chips (I would still rate it as a 7 out of 10 for condition and I am a fussy sh*t)

19’ wheels (no curbing) running Michelins PS2’s (front 90%, rears 30% left)

Con rod bearings (and bolts) changed recently along with all fluids, filters and belts. Vanos stripped and checked (i.e. oil pump drive tabs and cam bolts). Valve adjustment also completed. There was no compelling reason for the bearing change etc but I wanted this car to be as mint as I could get it (and I spend too much time on M3 Forum getting paranoid)

The underside of the car has been completely detailed (wheel wells painted (base + clear), plastic parts cleaned and painted, exhaust, suspension arms and front brace plate polished. Most bolts either replaced (critical ones) or galvanised

Diff seals replaced. Drive shaft hub seals were weeping slightly, input shaft seal also replaced although no real need

All brake pads replaced (rotors are good). Brake calipers painted body colour and clips chromed

Power steering hose replaced

Wheel spacers (certified) fitted front and rear

Interior is very clean, drivers seat has had the seat base and bolsters (base and backrest) reupholstered. The centre console/oddments tray has been replaced (new) and all other soft plastic is in 9/10 condition. BMW short shift kit has been fitted.

All codes clear

Windscreen replaced by previous owner 10K ago,

All receipts for above available, 2 keys, full service history

Cash price = $33K.

PM me if you are intereted. The car I am chasing is probably going to sell quickly, if it goes I will be pulling this car off the market, only advertizing on Bimmersports.

post-3258-1365042568.jpg

post-3258-1365042585.jpg

post-3258-1365042596.jpg

post-3258-1365042606.jpg

Edited by central3

183 views but not a comments or PM in sight - is this a fair price given the vehicles on trademe at present?

thats the tidest under carrage Ive ever seen! Shows that its very well looked after. GLWS

Great price for a excellent example.

nice, i'd like it but would need to sell mine first :(

Wasn't Tristan after one ?

Thanks Josh. Have had a look but the mileage is a tad too high. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks Josh. Have had a look but the mileage is a tad too high. Good luck with the sale!

Think I'd rather get one at a great price that's clearly been really well looked after than worry too much about mileage. These engines can cope with a lot more than 108K if they're well looked after!

Mileage dosn`t mean alot especially in this case. Give me this one over a car with sub 100k mieage that is needing the expense of the replacement of wear and tear items. My red M3 is at 160k and drives stronger and tighter than some of the sub 100k examples I`ve test driven. It`s great to no the most of the parts that need replacing have been done.

If your going to be concerned about k`s to base your decision on then chances are you`ll overlook/ miss out on a car like this which you`d be hard pressed to beat.

183 views but not a comments or PM in sight - is this a fair price given the vehicles on trademe at present?

Everyone is too scared - what if we get it dirty :ph34r:

I agree with Ray, judging a car by mileage is a rookie move.

It looks like a great example

I agree on the k's thing ... If its had all the right stuff done like this has .. then your in for a great car.

There are a few options around for low k m3's which im sure youve looked at ... this one has the most realistic price vs qaulity to get into one.

This M3 would have to be one of the tidiest in the country, so much car for the money!

Yeah, mileage is a terrible figure to go by when choosing a used car IMO.

For example, think of a car that's done, lets say 50,000ks of hard short driving over rough roads in the city only vs 100,000k car that has only been on the motorway at 100kph, it's a no brainier which will be in better mechanical condition & have suffered less wear in all regards.

I tested 5 or 6 E36s 3 years ago and the one I bought had 175ks at the time was which was the highest yet it drove the best & was less 'tired' than some with 100-120ks... and newer. Guess it came down to the fact the owner was older, did the right maintenance and drove from Torbay to the airport for work 5 days a week for nearly 9 years in it.

Anyhow, good luck with the sale of this fine machine!

+ whatever, Whole lot of car for 30k!

jebus, 108,000ks is now considered high mileage?! :blink: