Sign in to follow this  
5amchris

PSY Gentleman

I'll never get the 28 seconds I spent watching that before I turned it off back. You owe me.

Video is pretty funny, but gets old fast. Music just not as catchy as gangnam.

Yeah... NAH.

Trying to hard not to be a one hit wonder. Couldn't watch the hole thing - got bored.

Gangnam I can watch, and do.

Actually... I have a carboard box at work from Gangnam - I should trademe it.

so his first video convinced everyone to dance like a retard.

will this one promote people to push girls over and trip them up?

stay classy korea

i like it.

the dude is funny as.

at least it's better than the standard gangster rap, pants hanging out, booty poppin, bling bling you see in every other damn music video on MTV these days.

Nah... Last night I watched "Gangnam Style", "Crazy Frog" and "Can't Touch This" with my 3 year old boy, and danced like mad fools in the lounge.

PSY is the new "Tiffany" is seems.

Play some Metallica.

Play some Metallica.

I've already got a sore neck :lol:

There was a bit of Retro going on last night... a few one hit wonders too... no Tiffany though!

Don't play that sh*t, play something we all know!

I'm more sad that Dave McArtney died yesterday personally, liked his music.

Sad thing is, Gentlemen will be a hit, I looked at it with 2 million views yesterday I think, now it has over 114 million, his other song is the highest viewed clip on FailTube. It's a marketing success IMO, albeit shithouse music IMO.

not trying to cause any beef but for those who claim psy to be a one hit wonder is a bit stretched. you may have only heard of him since his 'success' with gangnam style he is an old school singer and what one might call a veteran in the korean music scene. he obviously hasnt had international hits prior to gangnam style but he is in his own right a very successful artist who has had the chance to become an global star through his song gangnam style (which is from his 6th album).

anyways, my thoughts on "gentleman" is that it seems very obvious that he has taken some structural cues from gangnam style and basically changed the content of it while sticking within that frame. Its not a great music video.. and nothing revolutionary like gangnam style. I really do think the gangnam style music video was quite genius comically, and the dance routine was very interesting, easy to copy/follow and enjoy.

gentleman basically just used the dance from "brown eyed girls - abracadabra" which was already a hit in korea, with the whole nation copying that dance. I saw on a interview video of psy prior to his video release and he said something along the lines of "the dance routine for gentleman is something that all koreans would know, but the world probably wont know, and i have taken it and put it in my own style." it doesnt seem like he changed anything and just used it as it is... once again, nothing revolutionary.

the song, i thought was catchy, had a decent beat, and lots of english phrases that are simple and quite comical.

the lyrics of the song are decent and from his live performances, its clear that he is not only a singer songwriter but also a great performer who knows how to handle a massive crowd.

and imho this is not as bad as some truly rubbish pop songs that have been coming out as of late... seriously disappointed in the quality/level of music that is played on the radios these days. Nothing beats the 'true' music that has been eclipsed by the recent load of cr*p.

gangnam style was a hit, i reckon it deserved it, maybe not 1 billion views worthy but still quite brilliant. gentleman? not so much, its decent song, ill probably listen to a few more times but it probably wont be on my list of songs to get me pumped up like gangnam style.

I personally was quite proud, being a korean myself, that a song that mainly used korean lyrics, was so well received... think its a great milestone for psy, i hope he doesnt try to make any more 'renditions' of gangnam style and stick to making great music.

wow this post became longer than i thought.. end rant/

edit:

link to the original dance music video

Edited by QUBE

them asian girls

brb going on k-pop spree

them asian girls

brb going on k-pop spree

Word. Play the clip without sound...

On another note, what a difference the South Koreans seem to be vs the North Koreans... The North is due a smacked ass soon IMO.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

South Korea just worked out what Red Bull is by the looks of it.