Sign in to follow this  
roo

Anyone else waiting on parts from BMWNZ/Germany?

Something about a system change has meant a huge backlog of orders in Germany.

I've been waiting for a front bumper now for 5 weeks while my car sits at a panel shop. Anyone else caught up in it too?

Maybe that's why my seals and gaskets for vanos rebuild havn't shown up yet and the delay on parts from Schmiedmann.

Yep ... been waiting for some parts since November last year ... still no ETA ....

Apparently the longest anyone has ever waited for a particular part from BMW NZ is 7 years ...

Edited by M3_Power

They must have just installed Oracle...

...That never seems to go well.

Yep, I ordered a bunch of gaskets from Schmiedmann. Everything they had in stock turned up in less than a week but the rest is yet to arrive. They did email me yesterday to say they hoped the rest of the order would ship this week but no confirmation yet.

Edited by jeffbebe

Yep ... been waiting for some parts since November last year ... still no ETA ....

Apparently the longest anyone has ever waited for a particular part from BMW NZ is 7 years ...

We can't blame it on Bevan anymore either!

Since November??!!! Cripes, Tom. You're either the most unlucky or the most difficult customer there is!! :blink:

We can't blame it on Bevan anymore either!

Tell me about it .... I wish there was a way to get him back there!!!! Haha ...

Since November??!!! Cripes, Tom. You're either the most unlucky or the most difficult customer there is!! :blink:

Bit of both I think ... unlucky and I also order some fairly obscure parts that often have never been ordered before in this Country ... lol ... I think I even once ordered something that didn't even have a RRP on it because it was so obscure!!

As for my Schmiedmann saga ..... still waiting on that one I am afraid ...

Maybe that's why my seals and gaskets for vanos rebuild havn't shown up yet and the delay on parts from Schmiedmann.

Schmeidmann closed down for a couple of weeks for summer holiday. Cant remember the exact dates though.

They must have just installed Oracle...

...That never seems to go well.

I thought they ran SAP. Which is just as bad....

Just had an email from Schmiedmann to say they are experiencing some longer than usual delays getting parts from the manufacturer... Guess it's wait and see time.

Schmeidmann closed down for a couple of weeks for summer holiday. Cant remember the exact dates though.

yea Im hoping they receive the seals theyre waiting on so they can send out once theyre back on the 26th

hahahahahahahahah SAP is the biggest joke since the beginning of ordering systems.

I'm waiting on a windscreen. They told me at the dealer the other week they had just started clearing this backlog after a big system update in the fatherland.

Waited about 8 weeks for a couple of panels I emailed them saying hurry up and the next day I got a tracking number haha.

Just had an email from Schmiedmann to say they are experiencing some longer than usual delays getting parts from the manufacturer... Guess it's wait and see time.

Just received a second email saying my order's ready to go out. On inspection there's one item not shipping... A $4 gasket ring, I can probably stretch to getting that locally!!

hahahahahahahahah SAP is the biggest joke since the beginning of ordering systems.

Depends on the size of the company really, SAP is often a sledgehammer that is used to crack a nut. For a company the size of BMW SAP is too small if anything.. there are about a million different systems used for different aspects of the business and they sometimes talk to each other, sometimes not.

Do the Schmeidmann parts come in the "Genuine BMW" packaging? I would of thought they would buy direct from the OEM manufacturer rather than BMW for parts, especially gaskets, etc??

Yep, seems they run SAP

I do work for Sharp, and they have just done a global SAP update, which put the system down for a bit, perhaps BMW are doing the same update ??

Edited by camera doctor

Seems everyone in supply chain are doing something that causes delay.

EMD was moving warehouse few weeks ago, I have to wait 2 weeks for a VW mirror glass with no way to tell a ETA.

I ordered a BMW rubber mat few days ago, none in the country and again no ETA

I wonder what that part is and for what car.

BMW Ireland tell me the same thing, ordered a bunch of bits for the E31 suspension replacement about 4wks ago..

It's a world wide problem due to a computer upgrade gone pear shaped. BMW NZ are sourcing as much as they can from Malaysia. If it's got to come from Germany it could be days, weeks or months.

I wonder what that part is and for what car.

I am lead to believe it was for an E34 M5 ... not sure what it was however, I didn't bother enquiring further.

It's a world wide problem due to a computer upgrade gone pear shaped.

Bummer - I can imagine the meeting where the project manager told the IT manager they had just forked the entire system & no parts orders for the next 6 weeks.... Fun times in der fatherland