Sign in to follow this  
qube

anyone got $95k lying around?

Hope that's a bit of mist in the first pic not smoke coming from the engine.

doesnt look like mist.. but there seems to be another car right behind the CSL in that photo..

ive actually seen this car though in real life and it looked absolutely mint. it was about a year ago though..

Didn't want AC... but got an SMG one? lol

Looks nice - I love the black ones. To be honest though I would still prefer to have the A/C if based in NZ though.

Didnt CSLs only come in SMG?

Keep your "lol", M3 CSL's are all SMG.

Wow uk import, 47km for $95k!

How much is Tom's car worth then?

Much much less according to the Insurance Companies (think $50K)

The Turner's Auction M3 CSL have destroyed the CSL value in NZ - mine's coming up for insurance renewal and I am struggling to get anywhere near fair market value for mine for an agreed value cover - banging my head against the wall to be more precise actually.

Maybe I'll just strip the car and be done with it!! MAD!!

But nice UK import from the photos. Haven't seen this in person but have seen it up on trademe twice now. In my opinion it'll be the more expensive of the two colours in the future given the rarity.

Edited by M3_Power

omg do want....

Keep your "lol", M3 CSL's are all SMG.

:blink:

That solves that one then.

In my opinion it'll be the more expensive of the two colours in the future given the rarity.

Interesting, I would have thought the Grey will always be more sort over as its instantly recognizable as a CSL vs the black that could be any other run of the mill M3.

Either way the CSL will hold value over time, it may take a few years but it will surely go up in value, like any other collectible or lusted after model there will be a lull where the car looses some its appeal.

For an insurance company it must be hard to see that a 10 year old BMW 3 series is still worth that money, perhaps talk to a classic car insurance company, someone more specialized in collectible cars. You cant do too many kms a year so it would probably be quite cheap to insure.

Edited by apex

For an insurance company it must be hard to see that a 10 year old BMW 3 series is still worth that money, perhaps talk to a classic car insurance company, someone more specialized in collectible cars. You cant do too many kms a year so it would probably be quite cheap to insure.

Won't make slightest difference who you are insured with. Agreed value cover (the good ones) require 3 valuations to determine an average realistic NZ market value. Pretty hard to get a good indication when the last CSL sold in NZ was $50k - worse still if you go market value.

I've been with my Insurer for over 13 years now and even they can't help despite sympathising with my predicament.

That was at a police auction though. Thats not a real market value. Thats like saying all of the ferraris and porsches that got sold a while back at a firesale has devalued the price of them all in NZ.

As much as insurance companies would like that to be the case, you can easily argue the point on overseas pricing of the vehicles. Also a CSL is a specail interest car.

That was at a police auction though. Thats not a real market value. Thats like saying all of the ferraris and porsches that got sold a while back at a firesale has devalued the price of them all in NZ.

I can see your point, but that was the market on the day, so many people made noises about buying that car but most sat on there hands.

Where that auction wasnt so sraight forward was because that car had been siting for a while and was deregistered. The said car is a nice car but factor in it would have required a reVIN, service, a set of tyres, wheels redone, a couple of supermarket marks taken out of it, maybe a set of brakes and the auction success fees you could have sunk another 10K-15K on top of the purchase price.

Whats the value of a nice M3 CSL these days in NZ? IMO high 60K's to late 70K's.

Interesting, I would have thought the Grey will always be more sort over as its instantly recognizable as a CSL vs the black that could be any other run of the mill M3.

Either way the CSL will hold value over time, it may take a few years but it will surely go up in value, like any other collectible or lusted after model there will be a lull where the car looses some its appeal.

Tom,

Try Prestigio Insurance - I have a number of cars with them and my CSL is insured for 85K (agreed market value). Current km's are about 36Km (I think) and they provide cover for track days as well at no extra cost! Excess is $850, but a limit of 5,000Km travelled a year (no issue for me).

Tom,

Try Prestigio Insurance - I have a number of cars with them and my CSL is insured for 85K (agreed market value). Current km's are about 36Km (I think) and they provide cover for track days as well at no extra cost! Excess is $850, but a limit of 5,000Km travelled a year (no issue for me).

Matt, I didn't want to name names ... but how ironic that's who I am with and have been for a long period.

Bit bemused at the moment and a little pissed actually.

Sending them this link right now to see what they have to say for themselves.

anyone else thinking it would be great to do skids on that lawn in it....? mud and grass going everywhere...

simple pleasures. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dogballs

anyone else thinking it would be great to do skids on that lawn in it....? mud and grass going everywhere...

simple pleasures. :rolleyes:

Yes

Much much less according to the Insurance Companies (think $50K)

The Turner's Auction M3 CSL have destroyed the CSL value in NZ - mine's coming up for insurance renewal and I am struggling to get anywhere near fair market value for mine for an agreed value cover - banging my head against the wall to be more precise actually.

Maybe I'll just strip the car and be done with it!! MAD!!

But nice UK import from the photos. Haven't seen this in person but have seen it up on trademe twice now. In my opinion it'll be the more expensive of the two colours in the future given the rarity.

cars are such a love hate relationship hahaha

any type of insurance is a nightmare at the moment! good luck