Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Silverstone II E92 M3

Great looking cars. They don't look quite as tough as the E46 IMO but more of a sports car.

Great looking cars. They don't look quite as tough as the E46 IMO but more of a sports car.

Heh hopefully once I've carried out some of my plans it'll have some more "tough" factor.

:)

Awesome wheels Tristan. Congrats.

did you specifically pick the manual?

I'd dunno, I think these new flappy paddle jobs are pretty good now. I'd be leaning that way.

+1 more pics please. Interior!

Sorry Darren, didn't see this!

I didn't pick the manual as such, this car happened to be within budget purely by chance. I would've had it whether it was DCT or manual. Agree on the DCT comment. They are damn fine, I drove one a couple years back and it was really good.

I'd imagine that if I bought another one I'll get a DCT, in saying that, I'm very happy with the manual, and it's a very engaging drive.

Very nice as always Tristan.

Thanks mate.

Really nice car Tristan. Im sure youll add some great additions to it. e92s are quite hard to modify in the wheel department. Lots of people either get it really right or really wrong. I think its to do with the shape of the car. One things for sure, the old school look doesn't work at all. EG style 5 buzz or even to a point BBS LMs without the right dish.

Also unfortunately because of the perceived length of the car (its lines) you need 20s on the e92 chassis to give it that properly modified look.

Really nice car Tristan. Im sure youll add some great additions to it. e92s are quite hard to modify in the wheel department. Lots of people either get it really right or really wrong. I think its to do with the shape of the car. One things for sure, the old school look doesn't work at all. EG style 5 buzz or even to a point BBS LMs without the right dish.

Also unfortunately because of the perceived length of the car (its lines) you need 20s on the e92 chassis to give it that properly modified look.

First thing I've noticed is the premium demanded on E92 parts, particularly splitters, spoilers etc - Substantially more for a quality piece than for the E46.

With wheels, I'm not sure what'll happen on that front. Wanting to keep it quite clean so might just get some CSL style ones as comes factory on the "Competition Pack" cars in the UK.

Posted Image

I do have something more extreme planned, although depending on how I go ahead with it, it may be awhile before we see it happen.

First thing I've noticed is the premium demanded on E92 parts, particularly splitters, spoilers etc - Substantially more for a quality piece than for the E46.

Supply and demand. E92s are new and still expensive so there isn't really a market yet for cheaper parts. Once they're 8-10 years old and cheaper to buy so the demand for cheaper parts will grow. You'll get more reps on the market that are cheaper and re-sellers will offer OE parts for (a bit) less.

Went for a nice long drive today around Clevedon, Kawakawa Bay, Maraetai, Whitford...

Took some snaps!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Went for a nice long drive today around Clevedon, Kawakawa Bay, Maraetai, Whitford...

Took some snaps!

Posted Image

Looks sweet! That's a road I drive down quite often :)

Edited by Arma

old bimmersport cruise run for many years ... is a good one for sure. I think we were all out this weekend enjoying the weather! :)

The weather sure was fantastic. Even today it was 20 degrees for a bit!

New family car came today. Upgraded from the X1.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Whoa, the wheels look evil, would look even more so with a thin pinstripe of HOT pink on just one edge (if you get what I mean)

Edited by The Juggernaut

Whoa, the wheels look evil, would look even more so with a thin pinstripe of HOT pink on just one edge (if you get what I mean)

Haha I think she'd love that - might have a play on photoshop!

;)

Edited by Tristan

Took some snaps!

fyjypc.jpg

Looks awesome here. Nice car!

Mmm looks great! Which engine in the X5? How do you rate it compared to the X1 in terms of road-holding?

NICE!

I so want one of these in white. There's one up the road from me. Looks so good rollin past.

^^ that's the X5 30D with tonnes of kit as standard. the 3.0 twin turbo will sing with one of these babies. http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-bmw_x-5_3.0d-e70-245-ps

Nnnnnnnnnnooooooooo

Dont stick a fuel rail box on it, waste of time. Yes you get gains but at the cost of your fuel injection system and incorrect AFR's. They also have the ability to sense them on there and wind back the power over time.

If anything a proper remap, just did a white X5 this morning with the 3L in it. Goes well now ;)

^ thanks for the education Hans. I feel bad spreading bunk.

have you done a X5 M50D yet?

Was aksed the same question 2 hrs ago haha

Not yet, most people that have them are happy with the power. Do a lot of 40D's though

Tuning box AFR VS stock VS remap(on a diesel holden cruze) http://www.nzperformancetuning.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/cruze.jpg

Anyway, back to Tristrans awesome cars!

Mmm looks great! Which engine in the X5? How do you rate it compared to the X1 in terms of road-holding?

Yep 30d. It's a nice engine, good pick up.

The X1 was an alright drive. Very heavy steering. The servotronic on the X5 is great.

This is night and day difference. Much nicer car to drive. Feels much more planted, handles really well for such a big car.

I imagine we'll have it for quite awhile (it's Mum's). I expect she'll be buying her dream car soon (Maserati?? :ph34r: ) and we'll keep the X5 as a "workhorse".

^^ that's the X5 30D with tonnes of kit as standard. the 3.0 twin turbo will sing with one of these babies. http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-bmw_x-5_3.0d-e70-245-ps

Yep, the Performance pack came fully-optioned as standard AFAIK.

No need to remap. She drives pretty sedately and she's come from an ML500 (before X1) and I don't think she's after speed. Also it'll void factory warranty :P (I think?)

The diesel is a nice change... The ML was $200/wk fuel .. She drives a lot for work!

I expect she'll be buying her dream car soon (Maserati?? :ph34r: ) and we'll keep the X5 as a "workhorse".

...and so she can drive places, while the Maserati is resting between outings???

...and so she can drive places, while the Maserati is resting between outings???

huh?