Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Silverstone II E92 M3

the family garage is gettin pretty epic Tristan

^ ^snide swipe at masers. The new ones are as reliable as the next German car, yo.

Ah I see! Haven't done any reading on them yet ...

the family garage is gettin pretty epic Tristan

Haha it's coming together! Mum has been working really hard in her business over the past 13 years and it's taken off in the last 3 years with unimaginable growth so if anyone deserves it, it's her!

Went for a nice drive over the weekend and got some photos in the Waitakeres..

2_zps8a4260c7.jpg

5_zps3e74c62b.jpg

4_zpsdf5f9a6f.jpg

1_zps25311cab.jpg

3_zps11b7541b.jpg

IMG_7651_zps12b72ae3.jpg

Looking real nice man. :)

Looking good and even better in person... Mainly because I could hear the modded exhaust. EPIC!

Mmm such a pretty car.

Factory tints?

Thanks. Not sure about the tints. Got it that way - I'd be inclined to suspect that they aren't.

Looking real nice man. :)

Thanks mate :P

Looking good and even better in person... Mainly because I could hear the modded exhaust. EPIC!

Thanks for the kind words, Jooles.

Edited by Tristan

looks titan silber in some lighting angles. gotta love Sil II as a colour. a fluid animal it is... can't wait for HOT summer shots.

Admittedly the paint job is not fantastic but in photos it looks good :P (At least I think so)

14do5qc.jpg

10gmkx0.jpg

ieh0gk.jpg

Edited by Tristan

Looking good. I think it may have been you I spotted in Papakura on the weekend, I thought it was blue but it was almost a silver blue.

The red engine cover's not my cuppa on a bimmer or a silver/blue car but it looks a pretty decent job in the pics. Was it black originally? Maybe a carbon replacement or wrap (if it can stand the heat) would look better.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I had that CF wrap in my car at the dyno day and completely forgot to give it to you! Next time.

Edited by jeffbebe

Looks great I reckon - breaks up all the black under there nicely..............

Thanks, I'm happy with it! Like I said, in person the paint job isn't as nice as photos (IMO). It could do with re-doing but just can't be bothered :P

Looking good. I think it may have been you I spotted in Papakura on the weekend, I thought it was blue but it was almost a silver blue.

Thanks, don't think it would've been me. Unless someone took my car for a joyride :P

The red engine cover's not my cuppa on a bimmer or a silver/blue car but it looks a pretty decent job in the pics. Was it black originally? Maybe a carbon replacement or wrap (if it can stand the heat) would look better.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I had that CF wrap in my car at the dyno day and completely forgot to give it to you! Next time.

Yeah, I really didn't think at all about colour schemes. Just bought the only paint that they had. Not sure a wrap would hold up to the heat. I'm happy as it is though, and can swap back to the original without any hassle too which is an advantage.

Re: wrap

Not a problem, mate. I bought some on TradeMe for pittance ;) Thanks anyway!

Looks good man

Thanks!

Here's the latest with a trim wrap from brushed aluminium to carbon effect. Not as easy as it looks to do :P

1z32b2w.jpg

In all honesty I'll be re-doing all of the central pieces (not door trims) because the edges aren't too neat :\

It's all practice! Looking forward to interior shots! I looked to replace my brushed aluminium trim with CF, however thought it wouldn't give much contrast.

• Like 1

Definitely practice! Not the best job. I'll re-do it after exams ... Loads of vinyl left. But in the meantime, I'm happy with it! I really prefer the look over the aluminium though.

20z1v74.jpg

2w7r6z9.jpg

Like - know what you mean by not easy - is this the genuine 3M product?

Genuine 3M? Genuinely fake :) (1.5x3m $50) on TradeMe. I assume 3M would be easier to apply but for the cost and the outcome I'm satisfied.

Genuine 3M is lightyears easier because the adhesive qualities remain after repeated reheats and bends. Means you can work out around the tricky corners, etc quite a few times and it'll still stick. The cheaper products will give up after a couple of times and you'll need to start again.

EDIT: Looks good though, Tristan. Definitely stick with it!

Edited by jeffbebe

Genuine 3M is lightyears easier because the adhesive qualities remain after repeated reheats and bends. Means you can work out around the tricky corners, etc quite a few times and it'll still stick. The cheaper products will give up after a couple of times and you'll need to start again.

EDIT: Looks good though, Tristan. Definitely stick with it!

Haha thanks Jooles. If it comes to buying again I'll buy 3M but as it stands I've got acres of this one left! By the time I get to the end of the roll I'll be a master of budget wrap.

Imperfections obviously show much more prominently in person. Thankfully it's mostly on the edges (2 particular spots) that I don't see anyway when the doors are closed :P