Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Post up a picture of your first car

Almost identical to the first car I had.... Ovlov 360GL 85' (manual and GREAT fun) :ph34r: (cost about $500)

Posted Image

And the first car I purchased was.... 318 Auto 1990" (cost $2000)

Posted Image

Edited by Raerae

Ah, not quite that old.. my first car was 85 Corolla GT and I paid $5,800, or just over $100 a week, that was a lot when I was on $5.00 an hour.

Yeah, I'm old... Thanks. $5,800's still quite a bit, even on $50/hour. Great commitment. After having a pretty bad smash in my mum's car when I was 17 in the UK, it was a good 10 years before my insurance had come down enough to be able to afford anything of my own. Fortunately, I buggered off overseas to work and was able to borrow a few choice cars before I came to NZ, which is when I finally bought a car of my own!

Wow, some of you guys were incredibly lucky with your first cars!

Here's mine: 1986(?) Nissan Villa Liberta

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had never seen one before and still have never seen one since. It's essentially a Nissan Sentra of the same year with a different kit. I bought it for $400 and sold it for $800. It was the most reliable car I have ever owned, the only thing I ever had to buy for it was a wheel bearing. Then it was sold to a dumbass 15yo girl who managed to f**k it within a month.. Snapped cambelt.. She replaced the head I think but it never ran right since and ultimately was laid to rest at pick-a-part :(

First car I ever bought/drove/worked on/sold. Obviously these aren't pictures of my one but I think I have one floating around here somewhere, I'll upload if anyone is interested.

Edited by Sargasm

Wow, that car is awesome, have not seen one in many years, my aunt had one on Black and Green, could never find an image of it in a thousand Googles.

Check out this compelling advertisment for them, I think I want one.

Wow, that car is awesome, have not seen one in many years, my aunt had one on Black and Green, could never find an image of it in a thousand Googles.

Check out this compelling advertisment for them, I think I want one.

My work computer doesn't have sound so I'll check the video out when I get home tonight. But yeah, it was a very cool car indeed. I wish I had kept it now. It always got comments/looks when I would be driving around (#1 feature for a 15yo boy amirite?)

Here's an actual picture of my old one. This is after I had already sold it and it had been f**ked, the day pick-a-part came and picked it up. It's the only pic I have. Chrome spray painted hubcaps, wipers and exhaust tip (not joking) were certainly not done by me, thankfully. The body was in a lot better nick when I owned it.

Posted Image

I actually went to visit it at pick-a-part a few days later and the entire body kit, front and rear lights, grill and boot spoiler were all pillaged. So there must be a converted Sentra out there somewhere.

Edited by Sargasm

One of these ... but it was Purple ....

Honda Accord Lxi

Posted Image

Seriously Tom? I thought you were born on the (insufficient) back seat of an M3!

Oh boy - don't really want to do this but it was one of these - same colour - put a 2.3 litre OHC motor in it

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, i'd have a tidy one in a heartbeat.

Ooh my. I loved this car. A few moons ago now, mind.

Posted Image

haha eg5? Did it have the leather interior?

haha eg5? Did it have the leather interior?

Spot the NZH'ers! Haha yep sure did mate, it was a GTi. Got all nostalgic and checked up the rego, I shouldn't have. De-reg'd in 2008 :( RIP faithful friend.

My 1st car, a 1983 Accord Hatchback 1.6L 5 speed (well, one the same ish), I had this car in the Mid to Late 90's, was rusty, NZ New but reliable as, also as boring as watching paint dry to drive.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My 1st Euro Car, a 1985 Golf GTI Mk2 8V, didn't get this until around 2006, so I suffered for years driving various Japanese cars before realizing the true awesomeness of Euro :)

Posted Image

My 1st BMW, purchased in 2007, this was a 1997 320i, this car almost put me off BMW's, it had the jatco gearbox and crap handling (worn suspension was to blame).

Posted Image

The mighty fiat

Posted Image

Then got one of those BMW things for "improved reliability".

Posted Image

Then got one of those BMW things for "improved reliability".

Posted Image

"And here we see the mighty e36 in it's natural habitat..."

1964 Cooper S, 1071cc of big block power. The best $100 i've EVER spent (the joys of working in a wreckers yard when ya 16. All sorts of goodness would come in) Kicked my self ever since i sold it. It was the start of my Mini loving/owning disease.

Pic' from Google, but exactly the same colour, wheels & trim.

Posted Image

1964 Cooper S, 1071cc of big block power.

An actual cooper? and you sold it? Fool! :lol:;)

Never owned one, but my sister did - have a bit of a soft spot for them (as long as I don't have to get my ginormic hands in the engine bay!)

An actual cooper? and you sold it? Fool! :lol:;)

Yep, a genuine one. A guy brought it into work and told the boss he wanted out of it because he was sick of fixing the gearbox. I bought it off my boss for $100 and we pulled the motor and box the same day and found the end of the gear change shaft #19 in pic was buggered and kept stripping the spline out of the knukle #20 in pic. Had it changed and was on my way home by 5:30 in my new ride haha.

http://www.heritagegarage.com/-/catalog/gearbox/21.htm

Edited by bellicose

Ive owned a few minis over my time too most fun cars ive had tbh. No coopers tho wish id put my 1275gt in the shipping container when i moved to nz, loved that car paid £75 for it owned it for four years along with many many more. Along with my current 69' im upto 6 lol so far...

Edited by Mr2low

This tread is teaming with brilliance, especially that Blue GT Corolla Hatch. I'm afraid I have to bring this thread down hill now because this below was my first car, 82' Pulsar EXA (not the actual car) It had the critical pop up headlights and the back seat was so small, you had to wind both front windows down so either leg of the girl of the week could fit out either side. It was fitted with a fashionable home made TURBO badge on the back.

How many here have gone on TradeMe to look for examples of their first car for sale after reading through this thread???

Posted Image

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Some great firsts.

I had an 84 Toyota Soarer 3ltr Manual. I'm surprised it didn't end up like Grahams car. I owned it for something like 8 years.

Excuse the 90s photo.

Other than the thousands of dollars I paid in WOF fines. The car was also banned from Beachlands in total. Something to do with a boat ramp, some hydraulic fluid, burnouts and a boat dragging its tow vehicle into the tide.

Posted Image

Edited by driftit

Pretty innocuous r33. Pic was shopped as it was my main trademe listing pic.

Sadly it looks as though it didn't make it to its next warrant after we sold it :(

Posted Image