Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Forum Move on 22/09/2013

ps : "like this" haha awesome...

• Like 2

But my quota is already up? I haven't like anything yet!

• Like 1

Will look into it Lucan ... keep reporting problems here.Also if some of you are missing your avatars .. please just re-upload them as they have been lost in the upgrade. The forum was on some very old software so the migration scripts have done the best they can .. but they dont cover everything.

• Like 1

Love the new dashboard. Functionality feels markedly better. If I have one complaint it's the light text/dark background. Feels a bit dated to me and there's a reason - IMHO - why most web developers moved away from this in recent years because it's harder to read and feels more cluttered. Other than that awesome.

Will take some getting used to as we all used the last version for number of years. This new one looks modern and seems to be easier to use.

Thanks for all the hard work putting this together!

Definitely looks like an improvement. You would be surprised how many forums upgrade and do it completely wrong. This is very good. +1

Looks very flash, I like. Can I suggest that the 'last post date/time' be more promient to stop old threads being bumped up?

Thank you to all involved. I love the new look and added functionality. RIP 'old blue'.. :bowdown:

Thanks guys. Just a quick question, I've never had my bimmersport forums remember my user/pass wheather it be on iOS or Windows?

how do we answer that Clinton?

I think problem youre having is with the fact you log into separate devices ... cookies are reset between devices and therefor you have to log back in again. Its a security "by design" feature of the software.

This feature was turned on to stop a problem we were having with Troy a long time ago where he would log into his flatmates PCs and post under them. This has helped stop this sort of childish behalvior ..

Basically we are dammed if we do or dammed if we dont.

Added tip .. if on the main forum screen you want more space, you can mouse over the top right hand corner of the calendar which will reveal a 'X" to close the right hand panel.

Loving the new look, the old look was VERY dated by comparison. Well done everyone involved.

looks good guys, thanks for your hard work

Click on `view new content` up the top on the right. For some reason I have to do it twice, confused me initially. First click comes up `no new content`..

Top right "view new content" make sure "forums" is selected on the left.

Great work guy's - one thing has been confusing me - if you go to new content and read a post and then go back to the new content page the post you have read is not there anymore - this is by design yeah?

Think you need to change your "By content type" to 'the past 24 hours. I did the same thing and wondered if I wasn't allowed to look at older stuff anymore too :)