gjm

E46 320d Touring - life with a high mileage car

Filled up again yesterday. Squeezed 60 litres in... On just over 622 miles, that's a fraction over 1000km. I've not been driving particularly gently either, so disabling the EGR has made some difference.

e46+style+73.jpg

Definitely has potential.

Probably potential for a lot of cleaning, but they do look nice. :)

Joined the 'over 370000km' club at some time today.

Ceramic brake pads...I`m not joking, it`s a whole new world. Very small amounts of red brake dust which seems to just blow away...bliss.

Ceramic brake pads...I`m not joking, it`s a whole new world. Very small amounts of red brake dust which seems to just blow away...bliss.

interested,where ,who ?

WUNDERBAR! also ... Hartge rims/ http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=674508330 $850 buynow.. what do you think?

I like the Hartge rims, but the suspension will need sorting in order to make use of them. Budget doesn't stretch to that at the moment. :(

While on the subject of dreaming, I was offered an E46 330xD Touring. Unfortunately it was from someone in the UK.

In other news, today I fitted the Style 73 rims, replaced the plain drivers side mirror with an aspherical one, and replaced the trim on the passenger side door. The front corner has had a 'push' at some point meaning the bonnet rubbed on the upper leading edge of the wing - sorted that, too.

Tomorrow... Cut the lawns, change the oil in both cars, and if time allows replace the rear brake discs and pads on the Touring.

Tomorrow... Cut the lawns, buy 'her' Xmas present, change the oil in both cars, and if time allows replace the rear brake discs and pads on the Touring. Of course, I'll first take & load some pics of it sitting on its new rims, cos you guys will know me adding a post like that is POINTLESS with out the pics......... ;):)

Fixed it for ya.^^^^^^.......... ;)

LOL :D

I'l sort some pics. Should I wash the car first? It has that 'seen some life on SH1' appearance to it at the moment!

And I collected the last of the Chrimbletide gifts this morning. No last minute worrafugamIgonnabuy trips for me this year. Which makes a change...!

Especially for Phil, cos I know he won't sleep right 'til he sees a pic. :)

WP_20131223_008.jpg

The front looks as though it could do with coming down about 25mm. No more... Just enough to have it ride at the same height as the rear.

Looks alright ae............kool!!! ;) Mine 'sits up' at the front too - pi$$es me off everytime I look at it. Its a 'wheel-well thing' in some ways, cos dunno bout yours, but on my car, the sill is actually parallel with the ground - 'quirky BMW thing' I reckon........

Edit - That's not bad - 22 minutes to wash it, & take pics, haha!!!! :D

Edited by Blue-540i

It looks awesome as is. I'd get a M-sport kit at the same timeif you are lowering it in the future.

Aye... It does look good. And I am very pleased with it. I'm kinda seeking my version of perfection, which is something I said I'd not do with this car! Oh well...

Lots to do before I start 'playing' with the suspension.

Looks alright ae............kool!!! ;) Mine 'sits up' at the front too - pi$$es me off everytime I look at it. Its a 'wheel-well thing' in some ways, cos dunno bout yours, but on my car, the sill is actually parallel with the ground - 'quirky BMW thing' I reckon........

Edit - That's not bad - 22 minutes to wash it, & take pics, haha!!!! :D

I'll check the sills on my car, but from the pic it looks as though they may also sit parallel to the ground.

I used the 'clean my car' filter in Photoshop. ;)

• Like 1

they all seem to be like that my m sport(and it was factory msport) e34 was exactly the same

5501096877_b4556cd3fe_b.jpg
  • Like 1

That^^^^^^^^ is just gorgeous............................. :wub::wub::wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:;):):D Damn but that's nice.............and staggered rims. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Hmmm - must get a photoshop cleaner, sounds lots quicker than the time spent today cleaning up my poor thing for Xmas...........in fairness its 'been a while' though.....

Edited by Blue-540i

That^^^^^^^^ is just gorgeous............................. :wub::wub::wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:;):):D Damn but that's nice.............and staggered rims. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Hmmm - must get a photoshop cleaner, sounds lots quicker than the time spent today cleaning up my poor thing for Xmas...........in fairness its 'been a while' though.....

not staggered just 17x8.5 13 or 15mm offset and lotsa dish.There was about 80mm of rim before the basketweave

3666767463_88359c629d.jpg
5250479181_aa3c309eee_b.jpg
Edited by kiwi535

Far out - my 42's are same size then I think, or 7.5 wide, but certainly don't look that good.............car colour is Cosmos?? Tell me ya still own it ae, like it really is still parked in your shed under a cover Paul.......?? Looks mint.........

Far out - my 42's are same size then I think, or 7.5 wide, but certainly don't look that good.............car colour is Cosmos?? Tell me ya still own it ae, like it really is still parked in your shed under a cover Paul.......?? Looks mint.........

nope sold it to another bimmersporter,diamond swartz(sp)

Edited by kiwi535

Clocked up another 1000km over the weekend (a whole tank of fuel!)

Down to Wanganui to stay with friends, saw some racing, great food, wine beer, company... Didn't see Blue-540i as far as I know, but another time, maybe.

A flawless trip, but one that gave me the opportunity to demonstrate the noises the turbo makes to Mrs M.

Really must sort the rear brakes ASAP.

Yo - not my fault ya travel all that way & are then anti-social................... :D

Good thing you're not letting that car get cold over the Xmas break though............... ;):)

Yo - not my fault ya travel all that way & are then anti-social................... :D

I even forgot to get my passport stamped! :P

We had a great time. Stood in the cemetery, watched people crash...

Blue-540i, on 29 Dec 2013 - 9:24 PM, said:

Good thing you're not letting that car get cold over the Xmas break though............... ;) :)

Heavens, no. There are trips to Waiuku, Cathedral Cove, possibly Taupo, and maybe even a return to Waitomo on the 'to do' list in the next two weeks. Throw in a bit of work, and I'll cover another 5000km before the end of January.

Time for an oil change, too. :)

good job you got the diesel fuel bill :P