Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Very first E34 M5 Wagon built FS on Ebay

So sexy. So Practical.

Those seats.

Yes, do want.

Asking way too much though. You could pick one up out of Germany for less than half that.

Seen 3.8 M5 Sedans at around 10K GBP over the last few months.

:)

Asking way too much though. You could pick one up out of Germany for less than half that.

Seen 3.8 M5 Sedans at around 10K GBP over the last few months.

Do you not think, that just maybe, ever so slightly, you're actually missing the point....................... :rolleyes:;)

That, is a really special car IMO............

Not really. If it is number 1 I still don't feel it is worth 300% what a better 3.8 version would cost.

Maybe if it was all original. Should add that Bimmerforums seems to suggest the motor is well used if you know what I mean.

Good point! Could be lies!

thats possibly the 000 car that he mentions. his is 001 which might be he first available for sale.

in any case, first or 21st, i really don't see how that makes a difference to the value other than wank factor

Coupla points............

-'000' is usually a non-number during production runs - its not used as vehicle identification is not set up that way by manufacturers..........

- Chassis numbers don't lie Dan - 00001, really is the first one...........

- In others eyes, this is nothing special, which is fine, every-one is entitled to their opinion. Given its only wank value in being number 1, & nada special - have a bit of a look around & try to find the 002 (2nd car) built then - what do ya reckon your odds are on finding it.......??? :rolleyes:

- If it was yours, in your shed - what would you be wanting for it.................??? ;):)

- If it was yours, in your shed - what would you be wanting for it.................??? ;):)

i would adjust my priorities and keep it :P

• Like 1

i would adjust my priorities and keep it :P

for the wank factor then obviously, as IT IS'NT EVEN THE COLOUR YOU DO BUY............................. :rolleyes::D:lol:;):)

for the wank factor then obviously, as IT IS'NT EVEN THE COLOUR YOU DO BUY............................. :rolleyes::D:lol:;):)

lol i have had about 20 BMWs over the past 5 to 6 years, only two of those are calypsots and still got oth lol.

got the two calypso's, a silver e34 touring, a blue e34 sedan, and a green e34 sedan here.

thats possibly the 000 car that he mentions. his is 001 which might be he first available for sale.

in any case, first or 21st, i really don't see how that makes a difference to the value other than wank factor

Yeah... plus we all know: Never buy the first year of a new BMW model - They haven't ironed out all the bugs yet! :lol:

Yeah... plus we all know: Never buy the first year of a new BMW model - They haven't ironed out all the bugs yet! :lol:

Lols - generally as soon as they get it 'really right', they then bring out the new model.............

Lols - generally as soon as they get it 'really right', they then bring out the new model.............

Yup, I believe this is true with a lot of cars. Last of the E34's will be around a lot longer than the first of the E39's.

We had one of the first batch of E39's back in day, was the most unreliable car I have ever known... I could have sworn it was built in England in the 70's.

Yeah would much rather an E34 over an E39. My E39 540 was a money pit. And not the enjoyable kind of money pit like a race car.

Will get my hands on a hand built M5 E34 at some stage. But where as someone would throw money at the No.1. I will look for a 3.8 in mint condition.

Not the best I have seen on there recently. But is what I would be after.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-M5-3-8-346BHP-1992-Left-Hand-Drive-LHD-/291001975252?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43c111c1d4

Edited by driftit

Yup, I believe this is true with a lot of cars. Last of the E34's will be around a lot longer than the first of the E39's. thats if they are not all wrecked and buggered by people that dont appreiciate them

We had one of the first batch of E39's back in day, was the most unreliable car I have ever known... I could have sworn it was built in England in the 70's. HA HA :)