Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

Xmas Eve coming - 'the' iconic kiwi male shopping day

Ahhh, this is the 'I'll buy my own Xmas pressie' theory.................this too on its own can be a minefield that should be avoided after you've had the anti-joy of trying it once...........without adding any 'stumbling blocks' that may leave you as the male, figuirativelly 'holding the baby'............(for Paul, as theres few replies since I slow typed it......haha!!)

This thread, is brought to us by the letter 'W'. As in 'W', for 'W'oodstock....................... ;):) cos tis the season (hic)

Edited by Blue-540i

f**k ...

Were obviously now joint income .... I get my last bonus and she says its yours to spend how you wish ... rad

So her birthday comes around and I think, Im gonna buy a couple of decent mountain bikes for us both to get into blah blah...

Anyways, My birthday rolls around and she says .. I got you your mountian bike for your birthday as you got me mine for mine. no present for me ...... WTF ....

Anyways .. for xmas I said I cant be f**ked ... lol

Ahhh, female logic - gotta love it, lols!! Funny.............

So hows that mountain bike then...................... :) Or has it fell into 'was a great idea @ the time' category, as lots of things do......... :D

Happy wife = happy life ......

Just think of the cost and pain if she's not ...... Spend up large guys , bit like a service , we hate spending the money , yet you know it's a better strategy in the long run.

Otherwise it's half of everything and finding your prized collection on trademe for $1 buy now

• Like 1

I'll be at work Christmas Eve, laughing at all teh n00bs who decided to go shopping at the last minute.

#foreveralone

anything shiny that comes from a jewelleryshop works ................!

I just give my daughter money and tell her to buy something, works all the time.

Watt I will do is get my tools ready to fixed the toys for the grand kids before they break down.

So hows that mountain bike then...................... :) Or has it fell into 'was a great idea @ the time' category, as lots of things do......... :D

Haha .. pretty good, had to replace running with something less impact on the body.

• Like 1

So two days left ..... What to get the wife ......

;) Good luck with that - just remember to tick the 'yes' to getting it gift-wrapped at the shop tho.............. :)

i dont get the gift wrapping.If they offer i will always accept.If they dont my wrapping is perfectly fine,if a little slow

Edited by kiwi535

As a side note...

936037_670158243006470_384613613_n.jpg

• Like 2

Brilliant............^^^^^^ :lol: Some-one should start a Xmas Joke thread................I won't, as I haven't got any!! And the Xmas joke txts I got sent yesterday are probably a bit tooo un-PC........ :rolleyes:

Edit. Somewhat ironically, because I didn't get into town yesterday due to other clusterf#cks happening, take a wild guess on who's gonna have to make a special trip today to finish some stuff.......... :(

Edited by Blue-540i

I'm about to step out the door and battle it, this may be my last post ever and its been great knowing you all

I'm about to step out the door and battle it, this may be my last post ever and its been great knowing you all

jeepers even I have finished!

Just finished at St Luke's. Imagine my delight to see 2 sets of traffic lights go out as I left. Bahahaha!

In an hour I'm heading right into the center of it, See if I ruin anyone's Christmas this year.

Well, I got back ok - might have to stare into a couple Woodies to destress a bit from the experience, but hey....tis time of year & all......

Gift wrap paper is needed, so in a fit of 'its a great idea at the time', went to where every-one gets a awesome bargin - yes, that iconic Kiwi 'Wal-mart', The Wharehouse. This was 'bad decision No.1.......

Even the carpark is packed, solid. Whoever it was that had parked their new black AMG Merc amongst the sea of people-movers & old Toyotas, had definitely had more brave pills than myself, in terms of risk vs reward........but I degress.....anyway, find the wrapping paper (wahoo, 2 for 1 deal today.......), & then after multiple circuits of the shed, find the sellotape. Because hey, at this time of the year, it'd just be too f#cking simple to put those 2 items within a kilometre of each other.....

Join the queue of similary happy looking people at the checkouts. They're busy. No, like, they're really really busy, must be a big day or something. Every till is going - people are lined up in long queues. Its fun, joy, & happiness for everyone, but hey, we're slowly getting there.......

Its all good. Progress is being made - the poor staff look like they've already had a big day & its not even 1.30pm. We're getting there though............

But wait - we can screw it up............opps, whats this??? NO way - you're $hitting me!!!?? And everyone else ahead & behind me in this queue..........nah, they wouldn't, surely not..........??!!

The couple now at head of line, with their 5 kids creating chaos, after having paid for their goods, now decide they want to layby probably $50 worth of stuff, a process which takes about as long as elephants mating (I've heard that's a wee while - like, queue is stopped, & we're all looking at calenders rather than watches by now......it's great, happy happy joy joy personified in excessive amounts........)

Seriously, I was a wee way back in the queue. The checkout operator was an older woman............she was still muttering apologies & 'Why do they do THAT' through gritted teeth by the time I got to her..............

Now running late for an appointment, lunch stop ain't gonna happen...........so grab coupla sausies from the bbq being operated outside. Felt bent over & given a good time, as twice usual price.............

Exit Walmart without any damage to vehicle - breath sigh of relief - on to next mission..............

This, after remembering the other great thing bout this time of the year on the way into town - caravans & campervans come out to play............the f#ckers should be banned from the roads unless its between the hours of 11pm & 5am..........

Picture being stuck on State Hwy 1 at 70kph, in a line up of traffic. Theres a caravan ahead. Its at the head of the queue strangely enough. Its wobbling all over the place like a retarded epileptic monkey on speed.........its great. Everyones having a gooood time. Once the queue ahead diminishes, I get a chance to pass, finally.

Its an older tandam axle caravan. About 18ft long. But no, its not being yanked along by the typical 1600cc Toyota Corolla...........

Its got the latest Holden Clubsport towing it...........................

Love to tell ya bout the rest of the experience, but hey, I type slooow, & I swear I can hear a Woodie or 3 calling........

Edit. And I've just remembered something I forgot to get...................nope, not going back!!!!!!!!

Edited by Blue-540i
  • Like 1

yes i attempted the warehouse too which is inside the mall here, luckily they had a cash only lane (this day in age), and i just so happened to have cash on me which is like never, one side of the family had christmas on sunday. so everyone using the new pay and go cards or whatever they are called they were the slow ones!

forgot to get one thing, but same as you, i aint going back

i swear i spent more time driving there and looking for a park than actually shopping too, ordinarily it would be 5-10 minutes tops to get there and be inside.

At the opposite end of the scale...

Braving the ravages of hayfever yesterday (sneezing, itchy eyes, tickly throat), I took Miss M to Pukekohe in search of that elusive item - the 'right' present for Mrs M. Now there's a town that comes alive at Christmas! Still, managed to park in the 30 minute bay, under cover, next to Farmers.

For those that consider this a rash and impetuous action, it was all we needed. 27 minutes later, we're backing out of the bay and on the way to Takanini.

Stopped at that Kiwi shopping icon Blue-540i hates so much (the new one, just built, next to the railway line) and failed to find what we were originally looking for, but scored many points with Miss M by purchasing a steampunk vampire novel for her. Books are actually not quite so expensive in there.

A lunch stop at Pita Pit - it's healthy, and I need to do something to offset the next few days - and we were on our way again. All sorted. A very leisurely 2 or 3 hours of quality time with my daughter. It was fun.

Today - groceries. Shops are closed for a full 24 hours so it is imperative folk lay by enough food to feed thousands in the event of a drought, flood, pestilence and famine occurring while zombies attack. Again, headed for Takanini. Parked in moments (albeit in the only place we saw the entire time we were there) and bought crayfish, scallops and giant prawns at the fishmongers. Next door to the fruit and veg shop - sorted. Two doors down and into Mad Butcher - a fine selection of eye fillet and scotch steak meant we had to make a decision, but soon on our way again. Drop purchases at car, walk 'round the corner to Countdown, pick up a couple of bits'n'pieces, then back to the car, stopping for some essentials (engine oil) on the way.

Another stop at Pita Pit for lunch, and home for a snooze before mowing the lawns.

Yup - I've had it easy. No queues, no city centre stuff, no parking problems, and no real pain.

To be fair, it is pretty much the first time ever!

Ba$tard........................^^^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes::D

How'd you get it so lucky..................???? Our Walhouse needs a trap-door at the checkouts - like more than 2 mins in front of the cashier, & ya get weakest / dumbest linked out of there................even at 10mins it woulda got used today.......... :rolleyes:

Edited by Blue-540i

You`ve done well Graham..I had my best Xmas eve shop ever today as well. Went down to Life Pharmacy Westfield Mall in ChCh. Pottered around for a while trying to spot stuff for my 3 nieces.. The good news is a lovely Irish girl (Green eyes and all...) came up to me and said `What about gift vouchers Sir ??` I jokingly said `Can you giftwrap them?` and she bloody well did..with ribbons as well. The whole thing took about 20 minutes.

PS: There are Irish people all over the place in ChCh right now...fantastic people.

Well it mighta even taken less if ya let go of gazing into those green eyes while that Irish accent was going on................... :lol:;):)

Can imagine ya absolutely hating that experience - NOT!!!! :)

I think the ribbons & gift wrapping is a nice touch though - I might file that idea............

You'd all be proud

Stated at 515pm , finished at 5:57 pm

Got her something to eat , something to drink , something to wear , some bling . Not bad for a procrastinator eh. Was touch and go I can tell ya.

Mind you, wife did let me go shopping at the last minute. Been a full on day !

I was smart and did mine yesterday between work and our last day piss up. So spent 15mins shopping at Supercheap then 15hrs on the piss hahaha. Oh and no hangover this morning either much to the misses disappointment :D

You'd all be proud

Stated at 515pm , finished at 5:57 pm

Got her something to eat , something to drink , something to wear , some bling . Not bad for a procrastinator eh. Was touch and go I can tell ya.

Mind you, wife did let me go shopping at the last minute. Been a full on day !

I think that's a primo effort............ ;):) I'm in wrapping mode - my partner does a primo job at it, but getting her to wrap her own stuff probably ain't a great idea, I suppose...

So instead of her intricate little folds, & miminal amounts of sellotape, her pressies are seeing a bit less finesse probably, & that's definitely proportional to how small it is, & seems to be on a further declining scale as the night drags on.............also linked to Woodies intake....

We're probably at around 2-3m of sellotape per item now.............. ;):):rolleyes:

Edit - 11.47, & I'm done wrapping!!!! And yea - the last one looks a bit average even by my stds.........

Edited by Blue-540i