Sign in to follow this  
MoJoJoe

Looking to buy a 328i

Work got in the way of seeing a car for you - again. I wasn't able to leave until nearly 6, and had hoped to meet Jared there. I also had a dinner reservation with Mrs M at Med Kitchen in Maraetai for 8 o'clock.

It doesn't hurt to make an offer, but don't be surprised if he says no.

Do an expired listings search on TradeMe for BMW 328. Choose coupe from the filter list. I searched and found just one for less than $6k - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/328ci/auction-685759542.htm

Most are significantly more. Jared feels this is a good one, and if the headlining is fixed, then there is quite possibly nothing left to do.

Sounds like a good bet to me. Maybe a little high on price, but not much.

Edit: I should add, I'm referring to cars with similar mileage and provenance. :)

Edited by gjm

what can go wrong Mojo...you end up with what you`re looking for, correct ?... you`ve been after one for a while, and now you`re about to own one, if it costs you a few bucks to get it even nicer, who cares ?

Read the thread about replacing a clutch on an M5...

On ya Jared for having a look, good man!! But hey, I'm picking it'll sell for 6.5k, to, ummm, some-one else...............this will continue yet haha...... :rolleyes::D

"I'm gonna offer 5-5,5k for it, when some-one else will pay 6.5"...........hmmm, how do ya reckon that'll pan out.......... ;):)

Nice curb free set of BBS RX's(i think) gotta count for something too.

IMO if you want manual buy a manual, not worth the hassle converting unless its uncommon like a 540i etc or the conversion not going to really cost you

• Like 1

Sounds way toooo sensible^^^^^& logical for THIS thread............ :rolleyes::D

Edit - BTW Jomojoe - what day for my Woodstocks & who ya sending them with..............??!! :)

Edited by Blue-540i

Hey Guys, I offered him 5.5K. Its not that bad of an offer. Its not a good idea to get too frim, I once bought a lemon car from trademe which had a bad water pump, turned out the entire head was gone. I was frim on selling it at a price but then some asian kids offered me like 100 less then my asking price and they sticked around for a good half and hour but. I didnt take their offer, a month later I ended up selling it for $500 less. Sure there is a chance the seller gets his asking price, but often chances are slim.

I would give him 6K if it had a stick or lsd, either one. but nope. My friend converted his to a manual, and its been one issue after another. Jared has also said he did some conversions and would rather start with something that had a stick to begin with.

I know what you are all thinking now, Damn it ... Mojo....here we go again... But you remembe that other blue car with the Chinease Tyres? The Guy was dreeming of 12K. He dropped the price now down to 8K in a week. lol. I think if the guy who offered him 6.5K doesn't take it. He will come back to me. 5.5K is still not a bad price. I offered based on what I found the car was worth to me, it needs a few things, like a LSD and some work. I also want to build the motor down the line which will run me another grand or more. So I am just thinking two steps forward and rying to keep everthing in line.

Someone here checked it out few months ago for themselvs, I think it was Mr2low.. Well they said I should probably stay away from it, The guy bought it for around 3.5 - 4K and is selling like only after 6 months of buying it. (I spoke to him and he seemd keen to let it go for a cash offer of around 4K.)

Edited by MoJoJoe

I'm picking there's no intelligence test as part of getting into NZ ae........ ;):rolleyes::) Should be looked at I reckon........ :D

But yea, nah, gee, I don't think that's the 1 for ya really ae - hmm, oh ok, maybe it was...........I'm sure something else is just around the (slippery....) corner waiting to be listed........... :)

Aww mate - this -------> http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/328i/auction-684036172.htm 2.5k tops ae bro, with a full tank of gaaaaas... ;) Green is goooood though - nice covert colour for hiding in da ditches.....

Edited by Blue-540i

I think that one was discussed earlier?

Mojo - the things you are talking about are not faults with the car and couldn't be used to knock the price down. Of course, there is the consideration that it's not the car you want, in which case there is no option but to keep looking.

The green car Jared has linked to doesn't have a LSD either, but it does tick all your other boxes. Aside, perhaps, from colour? You want to do an engine rebuild? This one will work well now, and you can play later. And I think I saw some LSDs for sale on here a short while ago? Talk to one of the dealers. That's a relatively easy thing to sort. (Easier than an engine rebuild!)

How in the hell has this thread got to 20 pages!!!!! Just buy something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

As ive probably said before id be very surprised if he goes down that low, he hadn't even decided what he was replacing it with. If you willing to wait and see if he does thats all good but when do you draw the line.

Like Blue said above cars appears everyday so never know what may come up.

• Like 1

How in the hell has this thread got to 20 pages!!!!! Just buy something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going for a record here i think, or maybe it is one already.

"I'm gonna offer 5-5,5k for it, when some-one else will pay 6.5"...........hmmm, how do ya reckon that'll pan out.......... ;):)

Let them man, the car is not worth 6.5K to me. If somebody wants that for the inflated price of 6.5k then let them take it lol. not me.

This may be worth 6.5K

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=669318011

I'm picking there's no intelligence test on getting into NZ ae........ ;):rolleyes::)

Its nz man, get it over it. We sent out the most inteligent monkey in our country to space a few years back, it landed in US and became the President. Twice.

Edited by MoJoJoe
  • Like 1

Mojo - the things you are talking about are not faults with the car and couldn't be used to knock the price down. Of course, there is the consideration that it's not the car you want, in which case there is no option but to keep looking.

The green car Jared has linked to doesn't have a LSD either, but it does tick all your other boxes. Aside, perhaps, from colour? You want to do an engine rebuild? This one will work well now, and you can play later. And I think I saw some LSDs for sale on here a short while ago? Talk to one of the dealers. That's a relatively easy thing to sort. (Easier than an engine rebuild!)

I know what you mean, I am just consideting everything, if I was to get LSD I can grab a rebuilt one off trademe for like $1000 direct swap. thats no problem, but then if I end up paying 6.5 for it I total cost comes down to near 7.5 - 8K. rebuilding the motor with us S52b30 internals another 2K. See.. we have 10K right there. I can live with an Auto, thats what I have been driving since I got here. really wanted to keep costs a bit down.

Even if hes not bluffing about his 6.5K weekend offer and I was to offer him 6K, I cant make it till Sunday/Monday (when someone I know will get off work and come with me). So might as well wait and see what happens.

How bout we revisit 540's..................?? :D

I like them. But only the E34 ones, Saw a 540i on tardeme, spoke to the owner, but probably not car woth 5K. Jared wanted to buy it himself and wasn't too impressed, hes got one for sale right now which apart from the paint is.

I have been looking for something since last year, since I ditched my 318is I want one more bad. :o

must get 328i...must get lsd...must drive it up allans .......must drive bmw...arrrggg

gone-crazy-back-soon.png

Edited by MoJoJoe

540i was for my brother but ended up getting a 535is which im fixing up for him. Had so many people interested my 540i ive had to form a viewing que.

This car has been fastidiously cared for and maintained. Used as a weekend car on fine days and always garaged.

Ideal car for collector or BMW enthusiast.

It will not be sold to buyers wanting a cheap 'bargain'. Please...only serious and genuine inquires; no time wasters

Hello...could you please explain the usage of the chinease numberplates and cheap chinease tyres? I am a BMW enthuasist and looking for a medium sized bargain, would you perhaps consider 6.5K please?

thank you,

PS: I may also offer compettive prices for professional sexual services to female members of your family.

implied-facepalm-4HNpDp.jpg

40b96f717103244d7d9dea023de22820619058ef

Edited by MoJoJoe

Someone here checked it out few months ago for themselvs, I think it was Mr2low.. Well they said I should probably stay away from it, The guy bought it for around 3.5 - 4K and is selling like only after 6 months of buying it. (I spoke to him and he seemd keen to let it go for a cash offer of around 4k

Na I'm way too lazy to look at a car in Auckland

I prefer to gamble it's more fun

• Like 1

Hello...could you please explain the usage of the chinease numberplates and cheap chinease tyres? I am a BMW enthuasist and looking for a medium sized bargain, would you perhaps consider 6.5K please?

I don't know about the numberplates, but the tyres look to be Bravuris, which are manufactured by Barum, a trading name of Continental... They have been making tyres since 1934 and the Bravuris is actually a pretty good tyre. (I have Bridgestones on my car, but wouldn't have problem with Barums.)

Someone here checked it out few months ago for themselvs, I think it was Mr2low.. Well they said I should probably stay away from it, The guy bought it for around 3.5 - 4K and is selling like only after 6 months of buying it. (I spoke to him and he seemd keen to let it go for a cash offer of around 4k

Na I'm way too lazy to look at a car in Auckland

I prefer to gamble it's more fun

Of course - sorry, I'd forgotten. I knew it had been discussed before, somewhere!

No Worries Graham, Well, someone earlier mentioned that guy was using all china tyres and stuff around his car. its a few pages back I think, I did offer the guy earlier around 7. But he was frim on 12K. so I left him alone. Jared also mentioned a small oil leak somewhere on that car, I like it really. I can live with the fact that its an auto but no lsd will bug me. I'm just trying to see if I can get it for less. Do you guys reckon I should offer him 6K instead or wait a bit till his other guy who offered him dies down?

this is getting ridiculous,i know...I'll see what I can find and keep looking :(

Edited by MoJoJoe

Nope. I think your offer should be as it is..................... :)

I think Allan should definitely wander up the road now though, hide your drugs, & slap ya round a bit till common sense starts to become a bit more common for ya.............. :)

Edited by Blue-540i