Sign in to follow this  
MoJoJoe

Looking to buy a 328i

Now tell me what do you think personally - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=685461189

on a side note, I dont know why ya changing the diff oil on your open diff that much, I think once every 20,000K would be enough. Do you southerners use canola oil or do ya just pour the olive oil everywhere like the greeks and italians? :rolleyes:

Ahh, rodgey - that's good.............those white ones taste nearly as good as a Hereford on the bbq............. ;)

Yea, dunno why I go through so much diff oil either............. :rolleyes: but as a hint, all my vehicles bar the E34 have a front diff as well as a rear LSD, & umm, they go swimming regulary in deep water............thus water still gets in even with extended breathers on diffs........ ;)

Personally, I think todays E36 'wreck of the moment' (aka 'Dray of the day') is not bad probably. There was another floating around too till coupla days ago, sedan 2.8 for 2.9k, which I thought was rather a not bad car too........

Spend a bita $$$ on it, fix the glovebox, & all will be sweeeeeeeeeeet............ ;)

Bit of a shame you're going through all this just to get that though ae............. :D Beats that MX 5 & 318 ya had though, haha!!

Imagine a E46 328 / 330............or a 530 / 535 / 540................ :)

Edited by Blue-540i

That 325is is just weird. Am I the first to notice it left the factory as a left hand drive?

Conversions aren't uncommon.

How about this one: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=681295211

No LSD, but it does have M-Sport suspension. Imho, a perfect example of a good car waiting for a running personalisation.

Grey E36 is a good starting point. LSD is not an important consideration to me, because M suspension costs so much more

Edit: spelling

Edited by Kopua Cowboy

Years ago ( I know..I know..alright the mid 80`s) I worked at Cooper Hendersons in ChCh on the `Finance side`. One day this older bloke came in and said that he was after a decent Mitsi Mirage for him and his wife.. Obviously we were up to our necks in them, and did our best to get him into one. However he spent most of the day cruising up and down Moorhouse Ave test driving other cars, then bringing them in to us to see what we thought. We had made the fatal mistake of letting him become our friend. Late in the afternoon he turned up in a 280 z jap inport that he had bought from Cockram Nissan.

We knew that they had had the vehicle in question( Trade in) for quite some time, and would be celebrating wildly. It was a sort of dark red with crimson velour upholstery,and, of course,the mirrors on the front guards.

We never saw him again and we often wondered what had happened to him when he got home and showed his wife what he had bought.

• Like 1

Lols^^^^^^^ yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. I think my people & 'the voices' are hearing ya there dude....... :)

Actually, theres probably some really good 'back in the day' stories around ae............(rather than 'baaaackwarrrds into da ditch in the 318 big block..') ;)

I think it's auto and from my experience, streets slower than a 328i.

about 1.5 sec slow to 0 - 60 compared to the 328i and 2 seconds faster then a 318i. imo, all cars other then the M cars are slow. But still German horses seem to pull harder then most other horses. Also we need to keep in mond the 328i was artificially made slower and under ratted due to some German insurance issues, with some basic mods (headers,m50 intake,injectors,3.5maf,m3 cams and a good software can do 115-220whp. (around 250 at the crank).

Conversions aren't uncommon.

How about this one: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=681295211

No LSD, but it does have M-Sport suspension. Imho, a perfect example of a good car waiting for a running personalisation.

That looks nice, the factory wheels are spot on! the km's are low too. I saw a car just like that earlier last year, it was a 328i and the guy only wanted 2500, but i declined since there was some rust on the rear quarter panel, the car drove a bit funny and too much of the interior falling apart and I was in a phase of shifting. But lets see, I am sure something will turn up.

Grey E36 is a good starting point. LSD is not an important consideration to me, because M suspension costs so much more

Edit: spelling

I thought at this state of their lives the suspension wouldn't matter that much and would require some work. I was thinking to do some basic suspension work, maybe an semi overhaul anyway?

skrew da spellingz dood.

Ahh, rodgey - that's good.............those white ones taste nearly as good as a Hereford on the bbq............. ;)

Yea, dunno why I go through so much diff oil either............. :rolleyes: but as a hint, all my vehicles bar the E34 have a front diff as well as a rear LSD, & umm, they go swimming regulary in deep water............thus water still gets in even with extended breathers on diffs........ ;)

Personally, I think todays E36 'wreck of the moment' (aka 'Dray of the day') is not bad probably. There was another floating around too till coupla days ago, sedan 2.8 for 2.9k, which I thought was rather a not bad car too........

Spend a bita $$$ on it, fix the glovebox, & all will be sweeeeeeeeeeet............ ;)

Bit of a shame you're going through all this just to get that though ae............. :D Beats that MX 5 & 318 ya had though, haha!!

Imagine a E46 328 / 330............or a 530 / 535 / 540................ :)

The Glove box is good blue, I also have like one in my 318is :rolleyes:;)

I like to imagine a e34 540i. but I just cant get to imagine a e46 328i, 330 or anything. I know I am being a bit anal about it but ahh..

Dont know why people list cars these days, they never seem to want to respond to basic queries, sent that guy a text to send me some more pictures and asked a few questions about the service details. he txts me back saying he will soonish...then I never heard back from the guy.. :rolleyes::(

Lols^^^^^^^ yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. I think my people & 'the voices' are hearing ya there dude....... :)

Actually, theres probably some really good 'back in the day' stories around ae............(rather than 'baaaackwarrrds into da ditch in the 318 big block..') ;)

Could be worse, could had been the 316is! :)

Edited by MoJoJoe

PS: What do you guys reckon? the guy said the interior is very good and the head cloth was replaced recently. maybe if it checks out and everything else is good. Then the white car with some msports side skirts, a acs or msports front bumper and a msports rear....would look.. any thoughts on this? what do you think of the wheels on it, its genuine bmw spokes, should I swap them out with my wheels(got lots of curbing)? :P

If an orange wasn't orange in colour, what ya reckon it woulda been called?? Like, if it was originally 'red' instead of orange, would we now have 'red & mango' as a drink??

And who came up with that as a name - some wannabe rocket scientist 'failure' seen it, & goes "Hmm, I'll call you an 'orange', after your colour"............ :rolleyes: & if that's 'the standard of intelligence', why didn't bananas get called 'yellows'................... :unsure::rolleyes::)

Friday, & DB ain't brought a car yet - Surprise..........not!!!!!! :rolleyes::)

Edited by Blue-540i

Personally I prefer to call it an orange coloured lemon.

Patients does it, rushing for 2 weeks got me nowhere.

You could also make me a serious offer on my little girls car. It's more dangerous than a E36 M3 or E39 540

You could also make me a serious offer on my little girls car. It's more dangerous than a E36 M3 or E39 540

His Mum has already said he's not allowed to play with anything 'dangerous' - that's why DB had a 318 first time round......... :lol:;):D:)

Must go - bourbon is getting warmer, which is wrong at lotz of levels.............

Would had been more intrested if it was a coupe.

pm'd ;)

Edited by MoJoJoe

Would had been more intrested if it was a coupe.

pm'd ;)

Grasshopper, we have been down da coupe road..................... :rolleyes::D

Grasshopper, we have been down da coupe road..................... :rolleyes::D

but boris blue, its RACECAR!

WHY CAN I NOT HAZ!

PIN-WHYUNO.jpg

Edited by MoJoJoe

Ummm, I dunno - at a wild guess, umm, you'll only offer 2/3rds wot its worth..........??? :rolleyes:

Been to look @ that local one yet or what................???? ;):)

I have a tidy E39 2003 530i for sale.

yea I figured, dont know was looking at the neighbors benz and found myself on the fence, thought maybe I should ask what others though before I gave it any more thought.

a friend was going to buy his wifes red GT wagon or whatever you call it that hes got on trademe, but hes looking at the black m3 now. the m3 evo is worth it but I cant justify spending more then 10K on a 10 - 20 year old used car. so just thinking to get a regular mspec car which would have some grunt and nice handling. I cant stand most newer bmws past the e36 and maybe the e38 and e39. Personally kinda hate wagons. I have one and hardly ever drive it unless hauling a months stock of food from town. Should have gotten a ute or truck instead, all my neighbours have them.

asking price $6500

price offered $5500.

I'm offering like 80 - 90% of what they ask. :rolleyes: and if they still wont budge then I'll look else where. :wub:

asked the guy for a viewing time, he takes too long to get back, he was supposed to send mw some pics this afternoon but never got back o me. Will call up and see where it takes me. hes like 20 mins away. anything I should look out for? from the pic it seems it only has 1 exhaust tip! very unusual :unsure: 325i should have 2. I hope the guy isn't trying to dupe me.

You gotta realise that most people nowdays have a fair idea of what their car is worth. Years ago dealers had a secret wee book which arrived once a month showing prices for cars all around the country.They`d use the wee book to price tradeins, particularly for cars they were unfamiliar with. And people trading cars had no idea what their cars were actually worth. It was a bit of a lottery, and I was in the business for a while.

In my experience, If you like the car buy it. Don`t piss the vendor around by offering 20 % less. If he`s used his brain he has already discounted a bit so he can sell the thing.

• Like 1

You could have my E39 for 10 K ;)

OK, you forced my hand - I'll take your 8K offer :lol:

• Like 1

You gotta realise that most people nowdays have a fair idea of what their car is worth.

This.

Getting a cheap good condition E36 becoming hard and harder just like E30's. I think its alot easier to get a tidy 5 or 7 series as they arent as popular and less chance f**king bubba has owned it.

Edited by Eagle