Sign in to follow this  
MoJoJoe

Looking to buy a 328i

I dont know man, it does have resemblence to that e36 shape but it looks 2low, driver looks like some young kid with a cap on his head. I think the e34 would look better then the e39.

hmmm...I think I found the car Jamie wanted for his hun bun....

Edited by MoJoJoe

Yo - theres a guy on here 'westie' - he's got just what you're looking for mate - PM him for the details.............. ;):)

Ok, thanks. Will do. :)

meds overdosed!!! :rolleyes::(:unsure:

i'll keep looking, will post back if I got any updates or I hear back from the vert owner.

Edited by MoJoJoe

I know you got a thing for the 5 series, i like this one honestly,

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=657788253

But the rear looks so low and fat like those cars driven by, "gay black minority pimps".

's not manual though :P 525i is same power as a 328i, slightly less torque, though a better curve, and only about 60 kg heavier ;)

Awhh see that car is too low and has gay wheels see if you had something that looked like this post-17370-0-10105400-1389207287_thumb.j

Awhh see that car is too low and has gay wheels see if you had something that looked like this attachicon.gifimage.jpg

haha man, you played right into it, who ever thought someone named Mr2low would say a car is actually too low. :D

na, to be honest I hate how low that car is and the rims and everything make it look like something some stupid 16 year old kid would drive. Screems out ghetto wannabe higher class.

Now the car you got on that picture, there is a classic I wouldn't mind to be seen driving. thats your one isn't it? that looks fantastic! :)

Looks mint but $12K still seems a lot. I'd say $9-10K would be a fair price for a mint example with low kms like that to an enthusiast. Not sure whether the market would agree.

Buy the M3.......... ;):rolleyes::)

Edit - actually, after you try to get the M3 for 12k - send me the guys number, I'll buy it..........so long as it doesn't clash colours with a red car that might be coming here too........ :)

Edited by Blue-540i

Buy the M3.......... ;):rolleyes::)

Edit - actually, after you try to get the M3 for 12k - send me the guys number, I'll buy it..........so long as it doesn't clash colours with a red car that might be coming here too........ :)

Damn it Blue. NO!! No M3's. Full stop.

Just a Car under 7K. Preferably a 328i. If its got problems that needs looking after then fine, be it, I can put a little work on it but the price has got to come down. Why Spend 15K, just to say I have a M3. I am sure a 328i motorsports would make a very good car and handel just fine as the M3.

PS: If you are serious then there is a black e36 euro M3 on trademe for 15K., a friend was supposed to go look at it this month. Another yellow m3 is going or around 20K. Like it or not we are driving 15 - 20 year old cars now and I am sure both guys would take down the price if you are serious. But For 12K I bet the interior would be pretty hard. But I would think a M3 is good condtion can be had for 15K ~ 16K if you look hard enough. :)

Looks mint but $12K still seems a lot. I'd say $9-10K would be a fair price for a mint example with low kms like that to an enthusiast. Not sure whether the market would agree.

I thought of making him a 8K offer but then the guy with the 330CI said he wanted around 9K.

Between this 328i (e36) and 330ci(e46) if both could be had for around the same price give or take, which would you pick personally and why? I know the 330ci has some 30 more hp over the 328i but its also more heavy, and doesn't look as good as a e36(to me). Is the accelaration, drive expected to be better then the e36(I doubt it)

Why Spend 15K, just to say I have a M3. I am sure a 328i motorsports would make a very good car and handel just fine as the M3.

:)

Well yes, given that a 328i is better than a 540 around corners, & faster in a straight line, then yea, a 328iMS is definitely gonna be just as good as a M3 around corners too - only difference is those funny little $4.95 badges that ya can get on reTardeMe anyway................

I wanna update my smilies?? :rolleyes: How do I do this?? :) Is there an official request form or what team...........?? I'd like first dibs at the following for a start pleeeease.......

- smilie throwing a big spanner.........

- the eating popcorn smilie........

- bang head brick wall smilie......

- bazooka smilie (preferably in camo......)

- AK47 smilie (cos bazooka smilie won't work 24/7.....gets OOS apparently)

- projectile upchucky smilie......

- sledgehammer to crack a nut smilie......

:);)

Edited by Blue-540i

Well yes, given that a 328i is better than a 540 around corners, & faster in a straight line, then yea, a 328iMS is definitely gonna be just as good as a M3 around corners too - only difference is those funny little $4.95 badges that ya can get on reTardeMe anyway................

I wanna update my smilies?? :rolleyes: How do I do this?? :) Is there an official request form or what team...........?? I'd like first dibs at the following for a start pleeeease.......

- smilie throwing a big spanner.........

- the eating popcorn smilie........

- bang head brick wall smilie......

- bazooka smilie (preferably in camo......)

- AK47 smilie (cos bazooka smilie won't work 24/7.....gets OOS apparently)

- projectile upchucky smilie......

- sledgehammer to crack a nut smilie......

:);)

I think I am gonna run for it,.

smiley-run.gif

Who said a 328 is faster in a straight line

yeah I wouldn't take that bet

re the Blue 328i on TM for 12k :

'This car has been fastidiously cared for and maintained.'

...with cheap Chinese tyres...

Back in 2007 when I was looking for my first bimmer I was offered a very tidy (with Michelin tyres lol lol) black 328i M-sport in manual, nz new FSH for 12k

This guy is dreaming at that price.

I thought of making him a 8K offer but then the guy with the 330CI said he wanted around 9K.

Between this 328i (e36) and 330ci(e46) if both could be had for around the same price give or take, which would you pick personally and why? I know the 330ci has some 30 more hp over the 328i but its also more heavy, and doesn't look as good as a e36(to me). Is the accelaration, drive expected to be better then the e36(I doubt it)

Hard for me to say. Usually when I buy a new car I know what I want so I just wait for the right one to come along. If I had to pick between an E36 328i and an E46 330ci then my first concern would be which has been looked after best and has a service history. I prefer the shape of the 330ci but they're common as muck... In fact, if it was silver I couldn't buy it no matter how good it was unless I had the cash to paint it or wrap it... There are just too goddamn many silver E46 coupes. But a well-maintained E36 is much rarer and still a great looking car.

My advice - decide what you want and wait for a decent one at the right price. Don't get suckered into buying something else. You'll regret it and sell it before the year's out.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

Who said a 328 is faster in a straight line

I think 'Up North' came out with that gem coupla pages back - you counted with what the 540 0-60 time is from memory.......... :) Or some-one did.........

Times nearly up on him buying something, he reckoned 2 weeks............ ;)

He's probably on a Merc forum too, talking bout C200's, & occasionally just to get their attention he'll be going "Bro, I'm thinking bout a 328i......."...... :D;):)

Or are we at the 330 now........haha!! :D

Edited by Blue-540i

As we have no idea wtf this thread Is about now a bog standard e36 328 auto vs a bog standard e39 540 auto 1/4 mile needs to be organised

• Like 1

a quartermile at a time is the Palmy way

• Like 1

Lol it'd just be interesting to see what would win and buy how much the lighter car with less power or the heavier car with more power kinda like mcm when the s2000 eats the mx5 turbo or in the style someone screaming pooowwwwerrrrr

Edited by Mr2low

As we have no idea wtf this thread Is about now a bog standard e36 328 auto vs a bog standard e39 540 auto 1/4 mile needs to be organised

I like this idea...........theres a new dragstrip over Masterton way (for racing cars, not the other kind that Masterton also does...........!!!!) :huh:

I'm confident the 540 would take it............. :wub:

a traffic-light at a time is the Palmy way

Fixed that for ya............ :rolleyes:;):D

Or we could always do it this way......

E18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubGo6qLrhNk

vs

E39 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yup5pvC5BHs

:D:rolleyes::)

Edited by Blue-540i