Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

EOI: M62 VF supercharger kit

Specs here: http://www.beastpower.com/p/bmw/vf-engineering-supercharger/VF-BE39-540-SC-S1

Looks like this installed:

vf-e39-540-1.jpg

I have all parts and belts (to fit an E39 540i) but am missing the pod filter - though you'd probably want a new one anyway. The charger is used but has only done around 30,000kms. MattA's done some checking and it require a fair bit of modification to fit an M60 but not impossible.

It currently lives in my office:

post-16586-0-33625700-1400473505.jpg

post-16586-0-58423000-1400473774_thumb.j

post-16586-0-34791800-1400473476.jpeg

post-16586-0-21758400-1400473484.jpeg

Looking for offers over $5K.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

Damn! If i hadnt just spent all my pocket money on a manual conversion i would be very keen! How much faster is your office now that its supercharged? ;)

• Like 1

Damn! If i hadnt just spent all my pocket money on a manual conversion i would be very keen! How much faster is your office now that its supercharged? ;)

But think of the safeness and efficiency gains!

Hi Julian..presumably this would still require the ecu be sent to the states?

Edited by 1rotty

If you want the VF tune, yes. The PO said it was pretty average and recommended a custom tune. I would have installed in my 540 already but was waiting for hi velocity to reopen.

i wonder if this would work on S62's .....;)

• Like 1

The short answer is yes... But I doubt any of the M62 mounts and pipework would fit, so you'd need to custom build a lot of it. Probably cheaper and easier to buy a VF S62 kit.

1320.jpg

that does look sweet in there... doesn't it. ahhh..... booooooooooooooooooooooooost

I'm coming to Auckland for a ride in your SC S62 Darren

As far as I know this kite is missing the string, but easily sourced at a hardware store.

Edited by Michael.
  • Like 5

Sorry John, that kite has flown but you could try contacting Brent. He bought the kit from me and, as far as I know, hasn't installed it yet so may be willing to sell if the price is right.

thanks Jeff for your reply….iv gone ahead with a new kite should be here rely jan and on my car thanks all the same

Will be keen to see how you get on with this. Im going to be writing up a few pages on mine when I do it next year. Also have a full build diagram on the RMS intake system for the M62. Going to try build my own haha

Just make sure you use industrial strength string Francois.

Strength string?

Any able to help track down some extractors…I'm trying too also find me a decent exhaust ,iv all ready removed cats and at present running free flow after motor back to factory muffler be for diff into a flow master its a bit droney

Lose the Flowmaster - piece of crap and will never sound good and probably worsens rather than improves performance. The drone is there because you removed the factory Y resonator. Keep it, it's by far the best design to keep the cabin drone to a minimum. Then get a decent performance muffler (Eisenmann, Supersprint, etc).

Expect to pay $1-2K for a decent setup.

• Like 1

Marked on here...

540exhaust.jpg

If you've still got it and it still sounds droney then either get some high flow cats or small resonators where the cats were. The Flowmaster will also create drone because it's crap.

• Like 2