Sign in to follow this  
BMA-HO

25mm spacers rear yes or no help needed!

hey guys, is it alright to use 25mm spacers on the rear of my e36. rims i think were of a 5 series so 17x7.5 not to sure on offset. just a noob at this. just want to know if 25mm is just pushing it and if i should run it. the spacers are hub-centric. what are the safety precautions i should look out for and what should i do if i do use them.

Bolt on spacers are legal Probably need a cert. but just take them off before a WOF and youl be sweet.

If theyre 5 series wheels they will most likely be +20p

Edited by pldubs

Do it properly, get it certed like it needs to be. Not hard.

If you don't and have an accident your insurance company will find it a very good reason to not cover you and the Police will also take a keen interest in you and your case.

Not worth the risk.

if you are using 5 series wheels on your e36...

5 series wheels : rough offset ET +20

spaces 25mm

wouldnt the resulting offset be -5 and then it will stick crazy out of the guards?

did i miss something here?

5 series wheels fit fine on an e36, in the rear there is still heaps of room.

-5 will be hilarious, but sh*t maybe he wants to run bolt on flares? Let the dude experiment, its more fun that way.

Thought 20mm spacers were the max allowable... Or did I just make that up?

How did u guys sort out the centrebore issue when using wheels from a diff model?

Just machine the spacers with suitable centre bore / lip on each end

Thought 20mm spacers were the max allowable... Or did I just make that up?

Yes - after that they have to be "adapters", but 27mm is the max allowed anyway.

I run E34 offset wheels on an E34, i found handling greatly improved fitting 15mm spacers to the FRONT of the car, making et-2 in the front and et13 in the back, same wheels themselves, but staggered tyres.

I would assume putting spacers on the back would be the opposite.

Be aware that in doing so you will screw up the front to rear track alignment , the wider rear track will make the car understeer  and sledge  (assuming you are not widening the front track?).

What are you doing at the front end?

What affects does wideining the front have? I couldn't find any conclusive information on it

the rims fit perfectly but they are tucked too much under the guard. il try the bolt on spacers tommorow and see what the car looks like. if it looks hilarious off they go and will be up for sale for like 20 bux lol

• Like 1

stuck the spacers on today sad thing is the lugs kept hitting the inside of the rims. so whats the best option now. should skimming the head of the lug nuts do the trick.

Sounds like you have bolt on "adapters", yes? You bolt them on, then the wheel bolts on to the adapter?

You may be able to machine the heads down, but you can also get low profile bolts. I've got a set, but they're 14mm, I assume you're will be 12mm??

Correct allan they are bolt on spacers. They dont fit my ssa rims that came of a 5 series but when i tried it on with my bbs rims which has ofset of 38 they fit perfectly with no problems. I really want to use it on the other rims but the rim doesnt sit on it. Do you know where i could machine lugs or who i could see or buy low profile lugs from

Are you sure it's the wheel bolts? If so, the BBSs must have a recess in the back to clear them (fairly common on some wheels).

Otherwise, it can be wrong centre bore on the adapter for the wheels. You want to use the correct bore if they don't match.

A decent machinist should be able to shorten the wheel bolts, but make sure they're still safe afterwards.

Yup the lug heads are not fitting into the groves of the back of the rim so i cant fully make it sit to tighten it with the bolts in front. Coz the wheel isnt flush against the spacers its wobbly. The lug heads keep interfering