Sign in to follow this  
Arma

e39 M5 ACS

What you guys think of this? I'm liking but indecisive on whether I like those seats. Price is fairly up there too but based on its condition it probably deserves to be? Think it was initially listed for 45k and has been gradually going down since.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-787237873.htm

More a personal thing you will either like or dis like up to you. Consider the vehicle as such and it's asking price you can buy a lot more for 37 g than a 13 year old vehicle done 163 th k's. As for myself I like the exterior colour, the wheels do nothing for me or the car imo, don't like the sticky out bits on the front bumper, interior colour combo is a shocker, not sure on the dash and door trim either,the asking price is way over the top with that said bring on the flamers

• Like 1

Agree with Tim. The Schnitzer styling on the E39 M5 does nothing for me and the two tone interiors that BMW produced during that era date the car far quicker than a plain colour.

EDIT: That said, it's in very good condition so if you could get it for $30K it might be a good buy.

Edited by jeffbebe

My car had 60 odd K less on it, kiwi new with arguably a better option colour combo for most tastes. If I had three of them I could have sold them all.

In the end I had two cash offers on the table only a few grand less than what he's asking.

In each instance the people I talked to were put off by the high k's & colour combo of that car.

Did I sell mine too cheap? maybe. But it's going to a real enthusiast, who's over the moon about it.

Edited by M5V8
  • Like 1

Love the color scheme, i think the interior will look better in person (it looks over saturated in the photos) and the ACS kit looks OK. Doesnt seem like a lot of ACS stuff on the car though?

Not going to argue the price is certainly up there though.

The two tone interior is quite a lot nicer in person. My uncle had an Imola red e39 m5 with two tone sports interior - black leather with red inserts. Yes, probably dated a little, but it kind of stepped it up from the rest of the e39 range and suits the character a little more.

160k is too high? Bloody picky people.....

FTFY, not just M5 people.

I am surprised this car hasn't been mentioned here earlier. I have been watching this advert for awhile and intrigued by what the market determines the vehicle is worth. One of my closest friends recently sold his 2002, NZ new face lifted example (with ultimate spec's) with identical colour combination ( including the 2 tone blue /black leather ). With only 20,000 kms more (180,000), my buddy 's car was sold for around 23k. It had an immaculate service history and was in excellent condition too. It was never marketed in any public forum and was sold to another friend of mine. Could he have got more? Most likely. However he wanted a quick sale as he is migrating.

Not sure that in comparison this car has anything more to offer apart from the aforementioned slightly lower mileage and 'take it or leave it' ACS cosmetics. Worth another $20k? I doubt it. Where should it be priced - who knows? $30k-Ono??

That said, I truly believe that there are hard core enthusiasts out there who are prepared to pay premium for a very low k, show-room standard example of the last of the naturally aspirated, manual right hand drive m5's. I suspect people would indeed pay $40k for such a car.

Edited by ssbmw

When your spending that amount of money on a car, whats another grand or so to have the blue inserts re-upholstered black?

I mean, if that's all that's putting people off...

When your spending that amount of money on a car, whats another grand or so to have the blue inserts re-upholstered black?

I mean, if that's all that's putting people off...

Because if you one of the aforementioned anorak wearing enthudists(me) it has to be exactly as it was as it left the factory
  • Like 1

Because if you one of the aforementioned anorak wearing enthudists(me) it has to be exactly as it was as it left the factory

Absolutely.

The attraction of this car at this age is it's collectability. If all you want is a fast good looking driver's car there are plenty of good options for less money.

But the E39 M5 is a very special car (I don't need to tell this forum why) , and as such worth more the more original it is. Modified examples will always sell for less than factory originals.

NZ new with full service history, and personal contact with owner is worth gold. That's what I bought. I paid good money and got what I paid for..