Sign in to follow this  
Matth5

M6 for under $30k!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-837882383.htm

2006 M6 for under $30k, that's one cheap V10.

Over 250 000km, the potential issues are frightening. Wonder what sort of condition she's in underneath...

Just quite shocking to see one I could almost buy, but then I'd have one hell of a hard time keeping it running I'm sure.

That is getting down to the price level some guys want for an e30 with the same mileage. Ok, not exactly, but the interior looks in better shape than some of those high priced e30s.

They are such an ugly car though, it's not surprising to see the depreciation + those kms.

• Like 1

wow, impressed to see that someone has been actually using the car and not just leaving it sitting in a garage. Its going to be a damn small market for someone to take those KM on though.

They are such an ugly car though, it's not surprising to see the depreciation + those kms.

Yep - beaten with the ugly stick!

That is getting down to the price level some guys want for an e30 with the same mileage. Ok, not exactly, but the interior looks in better shape than some of those high priced e30s.

Ha ha

All 6 series of all years are hard on my eyes, the E24 CSi is ok, probably same price and a lot cheaper to keep the wheels turning.

Who is going to be game enough to roll this dice on a high mileage V10?

I imagine the maintenance and fuel costs would have been eye-watering over the life of the car

Surely it would've imploded sooner had it not been well kept?

For 28k I'd want to see a box full of receipts and work done, this could need DEEP pockets.

The ad says "full BMW service history" which is more than can be said for a lot of cars out there... I don't see any reason why the V10 would not be durable, probably more suspension work than anything else.

Let`s face it, 4 owners, NZ new, full dealer history. None of those owners have done anything wrong. But just have a look at the evil of depreciation. Which means...(ahem)

that it`s affordable for someone...The weird thing is that it`s probably cheaper than a good E39 M5 right now.