Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

Boom.

$27K. Nope. Looks okay for an 8 though. Not so barge like.

• Like 1

I know he's asking a premium. But. Just. Look. At. It.

Pity it's not a real CSI, bit like having a 540i with M5 plates :P

Eitherway looks like a tidy example, though its comes up as a white car via a vin search. Been repainted, no wonder it's so shiny!

Yep, don't be fooled. This is a standard white ex-Singapore 850i that the original importer repainted, falsely registered as an 850csi and tried to palm it off as genuine. Fortunately the current owner is not trying to do the same. $27K is about $15K more than it's worth though and about a third of what a genuine csi will fetch now if it's in good nick.

Nice car but over-priced.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 3

No idea but I understand it's changed hands a few times since the original dealer imported it.

amazing in this day & age dealers are still trying to pull stuff like this.

No doubt kama will have their number

• Like 1

Will link Sascha through to this post.

He will be a bit upset to see 'enthusiasts' slagging his car off.

Sure price could be too high, I will pass the wise words of concern on.

• Like 1

hardly "slagging his car off" imo. Mostly kind words about its looks and condition, but quite rightly stating its over priced (and mentioning its slightly dubious history).

Its a beautiful car, no doubt.

• Like 1

hardly "slagging his car off" imo. Mostly kind words about its looks and condition, but quite rightly stating its over priced (and mentioning its slightly dubious history).

Its a beautiful car, no doubt.

Maybe slagging wasn't the right word, more

So deferring potential buyers?

Yes he understands his price is an interesting one, but as he said with me "market will decide the price" which is true.

i understand im not a potential buyer for this car, so might be biased, but im not convinced on the "set price super high and let market set value" idea. IMO if i see a car that is well over priced, i dont tend to even waste my time contacting them, ill just move onto someone who is realistic.

If hes going to play that game, he better not get insulted if someone offers him 10k less than asking price. cant have it both ways.

Im more of a "set price at a little over what i want but still realistic" kinda guy.

He has had no shortage of offers.

But it's up to him.

I listed the Schnitzer for 10k as a high price and got so much amount of hate, slagging and essentially bullying (like that on Xfactor Bahahah) that I pulled it off and said f**k it, she's mine.

If he wanted the market to set the price he should have set a auction with a realistic reserve rather than setting an asking price.

If I was in the market I wouldn't bother even inquiring

Edited by M5V8
  • Like 2

I'd agree, like I do with the wise words of wisdom, but it must be working if people are offering.

Set a high standard, get high offers? Idk how it works lol

well if it works for him. Good on him.
Sounds like hard work.

Without doubt it's the nicest looking one i've seen in recent memory. (from the online pics anyway)

well if it works for him. Good on him.

Sounds like hard work. 

Without doubt it's the nicest looking one i've seen in recent memory. (from the online pics anyway)

Imagine the amount of tyre kickers though. Fark.

yep.

just as the current owner bought it at one point, another buyer will buy it. regardless of history.

i dont think it makes a big difference. its just something you would like/need to know about prior to making a deal.

anyway glws (if owner is reading) its a lovely car and looks amazing.

everyone has different sales tactics. if its working yay. if not, take whats been said on this topic and get from it what you will.

• Like 4

Was looking at buying this a few years back when it was listed for 8-9k. Went looking for a e21 project but ended up with the m3 instead. Does look amazing in photos

So he is fishing for an idiot?

Good luck to him. Have seen it happen a number of times. Idiots are everywhere.

• Like 2

Hi guys, im new to the site, i appreciate all of the good and not so good comments they all have fair judgements..i guess its odd to say that it should be priced 15k lower, ive never ever seen an 850 in this condition go for less than 25k, have a look around, yea sure its had an unfortunate history but i really dont think it matters eh, its a stunning car as most have said, just over 100 watchers 2200 views and a number of offers, including an e46 m3 cabrio swap and a number of deals, its a car that has to be viewed and already have an interested buyer... I put it up on some of the other pages and got decent attention, its time for me to move on from it ive had it since i was 20 for 4 years now. Im amazed that it was up for so cheap a numver of years ago!!!no way!!i would have snapped it up, i certainly didnt spend that little on it, its really one of a kind and in a league of its own, cant be compared to your average 850s around.. Hence the higher price tag, and no im not looking for idiots..im looking for a market who has money to buy a rarity, its not a dealership type car that everyone has, its also higher priced because its a reluctant sale.. So im in no rush as i dont need the money so im not bothered if someone offers less for it.. But wont let it go for less thatn its worth.. I love it and the next person will too, there are pleennty of faster cars, better handling cars but i believe there are verrry few cara that have a wow factor and turn heads like this..looks like a csi without the price tag.. Cheers for all the input!

• Like 5

Hi guys, im new to the site, i appreciate all of the good and not so good comments they all have fair judgements..i guess its odd to say that it should be priced 15k lower, ive never ever seen an 850 in this condition go for less than 25k, have a look around, yea sure its had an unfortunate history but i really dont think it matters eh, its a stunning car as most have said, just over 100 watchers 2200 views and a number of offers, including an e46 m3 cabrio swap and a number of deals, its a car that has to be viewed and already have an interested buyer... I put it up on some of the other pages and got decent attention, its time for me to move on from it ive had it since i was 20 for 4 years now. Im amazed that it was up for so cheap a numver of years ago!!!no way!!i would have snapped it up, i certainly didnt spend that little on it, its really one of a kind and in a league of its own, cant be compared to your average 850s around.. Hence the higher price tag, and no im not looking for idiots..im looking for a market who has money to buy a rarity, its not a dealership type car that everyone has, its also higher priced because its a reluctant sale.. So im in no rush as i dont need the money so im not bothered if someone offers less for it.. But wont let it go for less thatn its worth.. I love it and the next person will too, there are pleennty of faster cars, better handling cars but i believe there are verrry few cara that have a wow factor and turn heads like this..looks like a csi without the price tag.. Cheers for all the input!

Thanks for clearing that up ;)

Thanks for posting Sascha. Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1