Sign in to follow this  
Danger

WTB - E36 M3

Hi guys, new here and new to BMW's but I'm on the lookout for an E36 M3 coupe.

Happy for something needing work or a project- anything and anywhere considered.

Thanks,

• Like 1

I'm hesitant to state my budget as I'm not sure of the market value of these aside from the few on trademe.

I'd prefer a cheap one I can improve over a collector's type car

Ohhh another Dunedin member, welcome. M3dakkar is local with a 3l sedan, super low Kms, asking around 18 I think, on trademe anyways. Most tend to be around the 12-15k mark, and probably look to spend a few more or general maintenance, bushes etc

I might be willing to sell mine. It had a lot of work done. All suspension brand new, all bushes and bolts etc brand new, new alternator, awesome new infinity stereo with pioneer head unit (worth $1200 new), new fan coupling clutch. A lot of work done. All services (diff (new seals oil, plugs etc), gearbox, coolant, power steering, bake fluid and brake hoses, thermostat) done. New radiator hoses, new shifter from Z3 roadster. Interior is one of the best I've ever seen. The car is black sits on M5 staggered throwing stars (almost impossible to find) with polished lips in perfect condition. Very very well looked after. Driven consistently, didn't just sit in a garage and rot, but only has 138k. It would be slightly above cheaper M3s on trademe, but as I said anything you could think of doing on it is already done. You can just sit down and drive it and enjoy it.

^^^^ perfect car to buy

not for the OP though, IMO. OP sounds like they want more of a car needing a tidyup than a minter, and IIRC the price was pretty high for that one last time someone asked.

Can i have a picture Nikita (yes tyre kicking, no intention to buy, but i want to see it on throwing stars!!

Yeah it sounds awesome but I have other cars and cant justify spending too much on another toy.

I'm currently torn between an M3 or getting a 328 and making it out perform an M3 for about the same price, however it'd be nice to be able to retain the M badge value

• Like 1

I guess it's fair... It depends what you are after. I just though if you after a decent M3 I have one and just got engaged, so might be willing to part with it to pay off the ring lol the price will be very reasonable for what it is

Yeah it sounds awesome but I have other cars and cant justify spending too much on another toy.

I'm currently torn between an M3 or getting a 328 and making it out perform an M3 for about the same price, however it'd be nice to be able to retain the M badge value

Go with the M3, you wont regret it.

I agree about an M3. It is one of the most balanced performance cars in the world. I doubt that you would be able to build a better performance car for an M3 kind of money. Maybe straight line performance... but durability and an overall performance I doubt that. Just my 2c :)

Edited by swordfish
  • Like 1

I could be tempted to sell mine, except no one would buy it with 293kms on it :P Oh and the wood trim.

• Like 1

There's one on trademe in wellies. Evo needing new smg pump. Violet. 8.5k... Would that work? :) anyone seen or know about this car?

unless you intend to convert to manual immediately, i think buying a broken SMG1 E36 would be a world of pain.

Plus it has done 130k miles (200km+) which might hurt resale. But if you are looking for a project, then this would be it. Convert to manual and you are away laughing.

I could be tempted to sell mine, except no one would buy it with 293kms on it :P Oh and the wood trim.

I would! What's your $ number for the purple/silver mixup? Wood trim is ace as well.

Edited by Event Horizon

I would! What's your $ number for the purple/silver mixup? Wood trim is ace as well.

Hrm well, it would come down to an offer I couldn't refuse :P - sent you a PM.

The market is pretty dry atm, there were heap of cheap 36 M3s a year or so ago. Keep at it, youll get one eventually. Sadly for buyers, the market seems to be in the rise again for 36 M3 prices from whats sold recently.

• Like 1

There seem to be a couple floating around. Very annoyed I missed out on the one "LHD_e36" had as it was both a steal and a keeper.

Inevitably it reappeared on trademe a month later for several grand more...

Edited by Danger

E36 M3 going dry at the moment. Only convertibles for sale!

Edited by Cab