Sign in to follow this  
kulgan

Oh no! BMW addiction, help needed.

Someone on here said it'd be cool if I had seven 7's. I cant remember who it was but if I do remember I'll be kicking ya for putting that idea into my head.

44800034F.JPG44800031F.JPG

448000315F.JPG

PIcking it up sometime this week.

• Like 4

good man, so that's a 750i, 740i, 735i... just need the 730i and 728i...

and then the diseasels and manuals trans versions ;)

Plus the long ones...

and an L7...

:P

• Like 1

soon enough you're gonna have them playing rugby sevens..

• Like 1

You guys are bad. lol. You shouldn't encourage me like that. The 728i and 730i idea had crossed my mind though..ha ha.

In truth I think this will end up as a parts car. It was in the Wanganui/Manawatu floods.

I've purchase it unseen(again). It was flooded to the top of the sills and you can see in other pics I've got where is seeped into the car. There was about a couple of inch's of water in the foot wells.

Still. Was a good buy at $600. Sure I'll get more than that worth of parts out of it.

http://www.manheim.co.nz/damaged-vehicles/item/itemunavailable?itemID=000000000004480003

Edited by kulgan

MANHEIMS IS baaaaaad!

and great...

I know someone who got an MK5 R32 golf that was easily repairable for $1800!

• Like 1

MANHEIMS IS baaaaaad!

and great...

I know someone who got an MK5 R32 golf that was easily repairable for $1800!

Should've dumped it all in a mk 2!!

• Like 1

Should've dumped it all in a mk 2!!

There's been a fair few go through his hands ;) I've got much more fun (OK wierd...) ideas for mine... still a fiar way off yet though!

man, it still has Rego you can cash in. Score!

Pick it up tomorrow. MIght see if I can get it going first and have a drive or 2 before I dismantle it.

I have a feeling it might have been me who suggested getting 7 7 series. I could be wrong though

I have a feeling it might have been me who suggested getting 7 7 series. I could be wrong though

There is a kind of poetry to it..lol

Finishing work at 1 today so I'll do the drive to Palmy with a trailer and pick it up.

Looking forward to seeing it for the first time.

Edited by kulgan

Have it home now.

Theres still a good inch of water sloshing around the rear footwells but other than that it's really tidy.

I stopped at a service station in Palmy and a guy came up and said he'd sold it about 3 months ago and wondered why it was on my trailer. Told him the story about it being flooded to the sills. He was a bit sad but proceeded to give me the history of the car. Turns out about 6 months ago he had the trans fully recondition and cost him a couple of grand.

Dont know if it'll ever run again though. I turned the ignition on and everything went haywire. I've disconnected the battery and will get the interior dried out and I'll try again.

• Like 1

100% parts car imo.

With such water damage you're going to have to strip most of the car apart to asses it all.

Various modules too could have shorted due to the water ingress

• Like 1

are these like most modern cars and have super crucial electrical modules sitting on the floor pan under carpet?

• Like 1

100% parts car imo.

With such water damage you're going to have to strip most of the car apart to asses it all.

Various modules too could have shorted due to the water ingress

Your right. Definitely a parts car. I'd still like to see if I can get it running before I dismatle it.

As the water only seeped into the footwells I think the only problem I'll have will be with the connection box under the passenger seat. It sits in a hollow in the floor so even if you get all the water out it will still end up looking like ths.

289931_10100283924979056_1172942445_o.jp

• Like 1

Your right. Definitely a parts car. I'd still like to see if I can get it running before I dismatle it.

As the water only seeped into the footwells I think the only problem I'll have will be with the connection box under the passenger seat. It sits in a hollow in the floor so even if you get all the water out it will still end up looking like ths.

289931_10100283924979056_1172942445_o.jp

There are E39's on the UK forum with that... that are still on the road! leaking door vapour barriers and rotted sills will do that too!

Yours probably won't look anywhere near that bad!

Put the battery back in it today and after a few clicks(starter motor had seized) it turned over and fired into life.

Had a drive up and down the road and it drives very nice and super smooth through all the gears.

No rattles or smoke and all is good. Till I turned it off. Now it wont even turn over. Oh well...

At least I know the engine and trans are good so when the time comes I can sell them in good faith.

Not to sound like a negative guy or anything but can a quick drive up and down the road really determine an engine and gearbox condition accurately?

• Like 1

Not to sound like a negative guy or anything but can a quick drive up and down the road really determine an engine and gearbox condition accurately?

Fair question Kyu.

I live in the country so when I say a quick drive I mean a good 15 mins of up and down hills and windy roads and I left it idling in the drive for about another 5 mins and gave it a couple of good revs. No rattles, no smoke and the oil is nice and clean.

So I think it's safe to say it's good.