Sign in to follow this  
Breaker

E38 limo $18k bahaha

the amount of features BMW crammed into e38s for that time 94-2001 was just ridiculous. Beautiful looking cars though.

I dunno that price might be pretty fair.... I mean yes 750iLs are around

But these L7s are very rare, 899 build in LHD/RHD for various markets.

That said, due to such rarity they can often be forgotten and not appreciated in the market place.

My even rarer active hydro suspension Soarer 'UZZ32' only had 873 built, but few know what they were so demand is also low, meaning low market prices 20+ years on.

Good old supply and demand, while supply on this puppy might be low, Im thinking that demand is in an even lower space. Rarity itself doesn't make it expensive

Now if BMW made an M7 that might be a different story :o

Still why would you only put 1 pic up ! Dumb

• Like 2

Maybe deep down inside he doesnt want to sell it, i can understand that!

• Like 1

+1 on the supply and demand.

Might make a good a wedding car but I cant see many VIP's wanting to be driven around in a 17 year old limo.

I'd be very interested in seeing what package it got in the back. Hopefully he'll put up some more pics.

There was one for sale on TM a while ago and from memory I think that went for just over 20k.

If rarity = $$'s then my 750i would make me rich. That aint happening though..lol

Edited by kulgan

750iL L750 Lil enough attempts but still didn't crack it.
Its an L7.

I wouldn't mind one but pretty far down the list of wants. they have VCR players crystal glasses etc in the back very well specced, but a 728i is probably fast than it, these have got to be pushing 3 tonne.

Maybe deep down inside he doesnt want to sell it, i can understand that!

That explains the 1 image...

According to the build sheet, its actually a 750IXL :P

Not sure if its just me, but it doesnt seem THAT well optioned. Maybe all the cool stuff is just standard equipment?

Vehicle information blind.gifblind.gif VIN long WBAGK62070DA60021 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Type code GK62 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Type 750IXL (EUR) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Dev. series E38 (L7) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Line 7 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Body type LIM blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Steering RL blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Door count 4 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Engine M73 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Cubical capacity 5.40 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Power 240 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Transmision HECK blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Gearbox AUT blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Colour SCHWARZ 2 (668) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Upholstery SONDERPOLSTERUNG (Z1XX) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Prod. date 1998-03-10 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Order options blind.gif No. Description blind.gif 204 DRIVE VERSION EXPORT blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 261 SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 320 MODEL DESIGNATION, DELETION blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 345 CHROME LINE INTERIOR blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 346 CHROME-LINE EXTERIOR blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 354 GREEN STRIPE WINDSCREEN blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 423 FLOOR MATS, VELOUR blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 428 WARNING TRIANGLE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 430 INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 441 SMOKERS PACKAGE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 446 HIGH END REAR COMPARTMENT blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 496 SEAT HEATING FOR REAR SEATS blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 508 PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 522 XENON LIGHT blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 526 AIR CONDITIONING FOR REAR, DELETION blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 602 ON-BOARD MONITOR WITH TV blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 672 CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 677 HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 818 MAIN BATTERY SWITCH blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 823 HOT CLIMATE VERSION blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 841 OPTION CODE PACKAGE PSEUDO-CODE-NO. blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 875 INFRARED REMOTE CONTROL blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 880 ENGLISH / ON-BOARD DOCUMENTATION blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif Series options blind.gif No. Description blind.gif 202 STEPTRONIC blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 216 SERVOTRONIC blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 220 SELF-LEVELING SUSPENSION blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 223 DYNAMIC DAMPER CONTROL blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 245 STEERING COLUMN ADJUSTMENT ELEC blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 260 SIDE AIRBAG DRIVER/FRT PASSENGER blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 262 HEAD AIRBAG blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 295 LT/ALY WHEELS/STAR SPOKE 96 blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 302 ALARM SYSTEM blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 352 DOUBLE GLAZING blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 403 GLAS ROOF, ELECTRIC blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 416 SUNBLINDS blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 438 WOOD TRIM blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 456 COMFORT SEATS, ELECTRIC. ADJUSTABLE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 460 COMFORT SEATS RR ELECTRIC. ADJUSTABLE blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 473 ARMREST, FRONT blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 555 ON-BOARD COMPUTER blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 806 3RD STOP LIGHT blind.gifblind.gifblind.gif 853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH

Seriously considered a E38 728i at one point. Really nice-looking, well-appointed cars, and the 728i is (relatively) economical. At 100km/h, what is the difference between it and a 750? (Other than the ability to disappear over the horizon!)

At the time, the extra flexibility of the wagon meant we decided against and stuck with our venerable 320d Touring.

• Like 2

Seriously considered a E38 728i at one point. Really nice-looking, well-appointed cars, and the 728i is (relatively) economical. At 100km/h, what is the difference between it and a 750? (Other than the ability to disappear over the horizon!)

At the time, the extra flexibility of the wagon meant we decided against and stuck with our venerable 320d Touring.

728i are generally pretty crap spec, unless you get an import one like maybe a singapore one, but then they have thier own problems.

• Like 2

cant talk to the 750, but my 740 gets unde 9l /100 at 100kph, I'm stocked with that, lopping along at 2000rpm, easy as.

Even showed 6.9 the other week during a period of nana driving, soon fixed that ;)

Edited by Breaker

I'm at about 10.5l/100km highway and a wopping 15l/100km in town in the 750i.

My 740i is about the same as yours Brent.

• Like 1

its a shame the 750 isnt techy enough to do cylinder deactivation. would get great mileage if it could shut off half the cylinders at cruise.