Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

For Sale 1999 M5

Time has come to sell one. I need to buy a house while this market is a bit more settled.

Imported by Claytons in 03' .Ex SA press vehicle.

194km. Good tidy honest machine.

26k ono

post-1689-0-83251000-1448014634_thumb.jp

post-1689-0-62285800-1448014701_thumb.jp

post-1689-0-99546100-1448014746_thumb.jp

post-1689-0-73751200-1448014808_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Where are those photos taken? Great spot for a car photoshoot.

That M5 looks so perfect, part of me wants it.

Mint photos. House market hasn't settled all that much..., sure you can't keep them both? Wish I had the spare coin, always wanted one of these, this is an amazing rare example!! Good luck with the sale mate, worth every cent.

• Like 2

hey Martin,do your phone operated normally .also can call 111 without sim?

Yeah there's an emergency sos function. I've never used it.

Where are those photos taken? Great spot for a car photoshoot.

That M5 looks so perfect, part of me wants it.

Thanks, it's Kawakawa bay.

Cant believe this hasnt sold. If i wasnt flat broke id be all over it. Its got some damn cool options on it, and that contrasting interior is lush.

Its funny aye, everyone says they would give their left nut for a black optioned well cared for e39 m5 but when they're for sale .. it all goes quite.

• Like 2

i'd buy it in a heartbeat, but its also well out of my price range. I suspect thats the same for a lot of people.

i'd buy it in a heartbeat, but its also well out of my price range. I suspect thats the same for a lot of people.

No shortage of people scooping up e90's and e82's for more. You could have this car and an additional ~$5k in your pocket just in case.

And arguably no depreciation hit here. Your e90 is worth half in a few years.

Edited by Nick G

The interior colour is probably not to everyones taste but i think it's a fair price considering there's another one up for 33k on tm at the moment.

Kiwi new seems to also be more desirable but the truth is the kiwi new cars were no way near as well spec'd as the other markets.

• Like 2

It's just the kind of car that only appeals to a certain type of enthusiast. Most people spending that kind of money on a car will buy something newer because that's the safer option. I drive my 335i daily to work in Auckland, I wouldn't want an old manual M5 for that as much as I'd absolutely love the car.

And I can't afford to have both.

Most people who want it can't really afford it or the upkeep. It's in great condition but you need to take care of it to keep it that way.

I think it's well worth the asking price, but it'll take a while to sell because you need to wait for an enthusiast who wants one and can afford it...

Sure the seats and wood trim might not suit everyone, but if you're after an E39 M5 you can't afford to be fussy on that :)

No shortage of people scooping up e90's and e82's for more. You could have this car and an additional ~$5k in your pocket just in case.

And arguably no depreciation hit here. Your e90 is worth half in a few years.

Ok now you're tempting me. 335i DCT or E39M5 + cash...

It's just my drive to work, will be hell for the M5 and no fun putting a manual V8 through that :(

Edited by Matth5

Out of all cars the v8 in traffic is a dream. You dont have to change gears if you dont want too.

• Like 2

Still gotta work the clutch when traffic is crawling which gets annoying. And it just seems a bit sad to put a classic M5 through that.

Not that I feel too great about doing this to my 335i either, it's racking up mileage faster than I'd like...

life is to short and time spent commuting is long so be in something you like! Like an M5 which is easy to waft along in. Hang in there Martin - it's worth what you are asking. It is actually a bargain for the whole driving experience, useability and build quality.

Its only $211 a week over 36 months..... If only finance wasnt a bad idea, and the better half wouldnt kill me.

• Like 2

Out of all cars the v8 in traffic is a dream. You dont have to change gears if you dont want too.

Yep and it will happily crawl along @ idle in 2nd gear.