Sign in to follow this  
OP6

E30 Recaros, genuine, fronts only

As per the pics,

Black / charcoal Nappa leather Recaros, recovered a few years ago but in exceptional condition. Came out of a left hand drive car, but seats have backrest adjustment, entry tilt levers and seat buckle attachments on both sides, so can be used in righthand or lefthand drive cars and fully interchangeable. $2300 to Bimmersport members

.post-2093-0-42979500-1450600387_thumb.jppost-2093-0-82489700-1450600419_thumb.jppost-2093-0-86524700-1450600437_thumb.jp

.post-2093-0-76460500-1450600456_thumb.jppost-2093-0-51211200-1450600474_thumb.jppost-2093-0-69829400-1450600494_thumb.jp

• Like 4

holy....

Those are mint

Very nice seats, I reckon they wouldn't quite look right in anything but an M3 though!

• Like 1

What type of adapters/rails do they have?

Are they in Chch?

What type of adapters/rails do they have?

Are they in Chch?

They're out of an e30 m3 right? So you'd have to assume the factory rails for the e30

They're out of an e30 m3 right? So you'd have to assume the factory rails for the e30

At $2,300 I'd be stupid to assume anything.

And they don't look like standard rails, they look like sliders only but I may be wrong, that's why I'm asking. :)

• Like 2

All I can say Dave is I'm glad they're not in Auckland, I wouldn't

be able to resist.

Edited by sweetm3

To be honest I have never studied seats and so unsure of what exactly a slider rail is. I presume it is a seat rail / base which allows fore and aft movement . These seats allow the fore and aft movement and have 3 heights available by way of rods which require an allen key to change from one height to another. Will post a picture in the morning.

I assumed that the seat base / rail of these seats was the standard set up for the Evo cars, partly because of the Recaro sticker on the rail and partly because the only other seats like this that I have seen are /were in an M3 Evo3 and it had the same set up, but that Evo had several non std items in board - steering wheel, instrument panel in light grey, single wiper, and Wilwood pedal box.

Enlighten me please.

I shall post seat rail pictures in the morning

Enlighten me please.

There's no assurance these actually came out of a BMW, they could have been adapted to suit and therefore have custom "rails".

Rails in this car referring to the part the mounts to the floor and the part(s) that mount to the seat and yes, you've guessed correctly that it was a reference to how the seats adjust.

I'm simply not familiar with the mechanics of an E30 M3 seat was hoping to learn a little more about these ones, from the seller or others, I'm not picky! :)

• Like 1

Ok, I looked it up and the seat sliders look like the Recaro seat sliders with tabs on Turner Motorsport site. The seat rails bolt to the floor in the usual E30 manner, using the factory threaded holes and bolts in the floor. I also have a set of early E30 Recaros (see first photo) and a set of E30 Motorsport Recaro style seats and they all fit the M3 and the at least the E30 coupes. One of these other seats will replace the Recaros up for sale

If you zoom in on the front anchor point of the seat in the first picture you can see the tabs with the rod and the 3 height adjustments

• Like 1

Seats from the E30 M3 Sport Evo (Evo 3 for short) were the Recaro SRD with the coverings specific to the Evo 3 interior.

SRDs also were fitted to other performance cars and were available through the aftermarket. Some of these have found their way into M3s.

Genuine Evo 3 seats with the correct coverings are worth a little more (sorry can't tell from photos if these are, the fact they were recovered would suggest not) but either way these are awesome seats that look period correct and fit great. Wish I had an E30 worthy of them...

Genuine Evo 3 seats with the correct coverings are worth a little more (sorry can't tell from photos if these are, the fact they were recovered would suggest not) but either way these are awesome seats that look period correct and fit great. Wish I had an E30 worthy of them...

My understanding is that these came with the Motorsport stripe covers from the UK but were pretty much stuffed, hence the recovering. Does the user name "Ollie" enlighten you?

I have sent some photos of the underside of these seats to another Bimmersport member who will be more clued up than me.

post-2093-0-50711200-1450946791_thumb.jppost-2093-0-10349300-1450946400_thumb.jppost-2093-0-19693500-1450946472_thumb.jppost-2093-0-34224500-1450946540_thumb.jppost-2093-0-95108400-1450946616_thumb.jpUnderside of seats

Edited by OP6
  • Like 1

Seats sold.

Someone on here?

No, sold to a local here in Christchurch. Also took the absolutely unmarked black E30 4 door, door cards I was about to put on here and TM.

That will make one fine interior.

Heh, he just needs the rear seats in leather, he currently has houndstooth. But yes it looks stunning. I thought the Recaros would look out of place but they suit the car well esp with the Black door cards.