Jacko

The 130i Thread

Hey, I need some help trying to source the abs pump for my 07 130i. The part number is 3451 6778 48401. Coombes Johnston BMW have quoted $4k which is ridiculous for a pump. I so far haven’t been able to find it elsewhere. I have now started messaging wreckers around nz to try and find it. If anyone has one lying around or can recommend places to look for one that would be very much appreciated. 

37 minutes ago, Jadon said:

Hey, I need some help trying to source the abs pump for my 07 130i. The part number is 3451 6778 48401. Coombes Johnston BMW have quoted $4k which is ridiculous for a pump. I so far haven’t been able to find it elsewhere. I have now started messaging wreckers around nz to try and find it. If anyone has one lying around or can recommend places to look for one that would be very much appreciated. 

Have you tried pick-a-part? Several 1 series BMWs are there. No 130is though. This company is parting 130i:

2011 BMW 130i PARTS ONLY https://www.trademe.co.nz/4757461906

58 minutes ago, Jadon said:

The ABS pump is not specific to the 130i.

Go to https://www.realoem.com/ and find what other models share the same part. ABS pumps at pickapart are $65. It will need to be coded to the car if you are swapping the module as well. 

20 minutes ago, Harper said:

The ABS pump is not specific to the 130i.

Go to https://www.realoem.com/ and find what other models share the same part. ABS pumps at pickapart are $65. It will need to be coded to the car if you are swapping the module as well. 

The part on realoem is a different part number to the part on my car. Im going to check history to see if it might have been replaced before.

31 minutes ago, Jadon said:

The part on realoem is a different part number to the part on my car. Im going to check history to see if it might have been replaced before.

To be honest I would trust the part number on realoem over what's on the pump itself. The part numbers printed on the parts is not always exactly the same as the BMW part number. The part number you gave does not return anything on realoem. 

Edited by Harper

I used to just buy them second hand on eBay. Probably sourced 20+ of the high-failure hard-to-find e46 ones over the years shipped from Europe. Paid as low as 70 nz each and stopped when they got to 200+ nz each. Haven’t had to do one for e87 yet, but if it’s anything like e46 you just need to replace the black ecu only, which for e46 could be done without disconnecting hydraulics, and reset the vin using ncs expert.

• Like 1