Jacko

The 130i Thread

Hey, I need some help trying to source the abs pump for my 07 130i. The part number is 3451 6778 48401. Coombes Johnston BMW have quoted $4k which is ridiculous for a pump. I so far haven’t been able to find it elsewhere. I have now started messaging wreckers around nz to try and find it. If anyone has one lying around or can recommend places to look for one that would be very much appreciated. 

37 minutes ago, Jadon said:

Hey, I need some help trying to source the abs pump for my 07 130i. The part number is 3451 6778 48401. Coombes Johnston BMW have quoted $4k which is ridiculous for a pump. I so far haven’t been able to find it elsewhere. I have now started messaging wreckers around nz to try and find it. If anyone has one lying around or can recommend places to look for one that would be very much appreciated. 

Have you tried pick-a-part? Several 1 series BMWs are there. No 130is though. This company is parting 130i:

2011 BMW 130i PARTS ONLY https://www.trademe.co.nz/4757461906

58 minutes ago, Jadon said:

The ABS pump is not specific to the 130i.

Go to https://www.realoem.com/ and find what other models share the same part. ABS pumps at pickapart are $65. It will need to be coded to the car if you are swapping the module as well. 

20 minutes ago, Harper said:

The ABS pump is not specific to the 130i.

Go to https://www.realoem.com/ and find what other models share the same part. ABS pumps at pickapart are $65. It will need to be coded to the car if you are swapping the module as well. 

The part on realoem is a different part number to the part on my car. Im going to check history to see if it might have been replaced before.

31 minutes ago, Jadon said:

The part on realoem is a different part number to the part on my car. Im going to check history to see if it might have been replaced before.

To be honest I would trust the part number on realoem over what's on the pump itself. The part numbers printed on the parts is not always exactly the same as the BMW part number. The part number you gave does not return anything on realoem. 

Edited by Harper

I used to just buy them second hand on eBay. Probably sourced 20+ of the high-failure hard-to-find e46 ones over the years shipped from Europe. Paid as low as 70 nz each and stopped when they got to 200+ nz each. Haven’t had to do one for e87 yet, but if it’s anything like e46 you just need to replace the black ecu only, which for e46 could be done without disconnecting hydraulics, and reset the vin using ncs expert.

• Like 1

Has anyone done e9x 335i brake caliper swap? I got the fronts to install but I don't know if rear is worth doing as well. 

23 hours ago, Danch said:

Has anyone done e9x 335i brake caliper swap? I got the fronts to install but I don't know if rear is worth doing as well. 

I feel like Dave @M3AN did this.

Previously I was on here about an abs issue. I found a replacement part fitted it and it wouldn’t calibrate to the car. I then fitted the original part to the car and it also wouldn’t calibrate. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? 
I’ve tried researching and my best guess is that maybe there is an electrical disconnect somewhere in the system causing the abs module to not connect. 
I’ve spent over 2 months now trying to sort this issue and I’m still so confused. Any more help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Did the dsc module fail or the abs pump fail?

What are you using to program the module? 

I don’t know the exact details. It’s all been done but my mechanic and an auto sparky who said the abs modules were showing up not compatible. I got told the pump had failed but I’m starting to think the fault might be a connection instead. 

From what I have read the pump can be replaced without touching the module. You just need to run the dcs adaptation things via insta. 

The module will need to have the Vin coded to it.

Do you know what they are using to program the modules? Hopefully not bricked them. 

@promo might be able to recover them for you.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

From what I have read the pump can be replaced without touching the module. You just need to run the dcs adaptation things via insta. 

The module will need to have the Vin coded to it.

Do you know what they are using to program the modules? Hopefully not bricked them. 

@promo might be able to recover them for you.

I saw in an older thread that someone had the same issue with the same part and @promo was able to help them. I have also read today that people have had issues with there and module not calibrating because they have had issues with the ground connection. I was told that the pump was failing but I’m starting to think there might be an issue with the cables causing the abs module to not send a signal or calibrate. I’m going to give my mechanic a ring tomorrow to see if I can get the fault codes and see if he inspected any of the wiring for issues. Hopefully it’s actually just been a bad connection this whole time. Also if Pramod has any insight into my issue that would be very helpful as I’ve seen you have worked with this before. 

Changed out the valve cover gaskets on the PFL 130i today. Simple job. Someone's done it before and reinstalled the partially stripped bolts you are meant to replace. 

I pulled out the CCV valve and replaced it with a baffled catch can too. The old one had been boogied up and was dropping oil everywhere. I have to say. As annoying as it is to have a built into the cover one on the FL models I much prefer it to having to pull the manifold off to get to the PFL one. 

Next on the list is the clutch. Which I think has been killed by a leaking rear main. Start that tomorrow. 

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Next on the list is the clutch. Which I think has been killed by a leaking rear main. Start that tomorrow. 

Are you doing flywheel as well? SMF? 

Could you elaborate on the main seal? Is that related to clutch wear?

Yeah SMF conversion. 

The rear main seal is leaking pretty bad. Oil coming out between the engine and box. This gets onto the flywheel and causes it to slip badly. It should always be replaced when replacing the clutch.

I forgot to get the sealant kit you need with it. 

• Like 1

Keen to see how you find the SMF. I actually bought DMF and clutch but I'm on the fence about selling them and going SMF. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Danch said:

Keen to see how you find the SMF. I actually bought DMF and clutch but I'm on the fence about selling them and going SMF. 

My issue is I have hardly driven the car with the DMF.  Though I did find the gear changes quite soft and a bit lazy.

All my other manuals have modified clutches though so I can't really compare them something that is meant to be quite nice to drive.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jacko said:

130i staying ahead of all noise civic driven by a semi pro "King of the Ring".

The real hero of that Video.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Danch said:

Can someone buy this and do a manual conversion? 🤣

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1617322072435841/

Auto 125i coupe with 90,000km selling for 9k. 

Screenshot_20240723_111311_Messenger.jpg

Funnily enough I've thought about buying one of these and N52B30+manual swapping to have an NA 1 series coupe.