Sign in to follow this  
Blackie

Rose City

12 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Anyone remember what this was last advertised for? 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3306085270

Think it jumped 20k?

It looks nice, less the wheels and plate (for me anyway).  These things are about to go ballistic price-wise too I think

Edited by E28E30

15 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

These things are about to go ballistic price-wise too I think

They just have! 

I'd be surprised if the plates included.

• Haha 2

There's a red one on TradeMe, private sale, same kms, no hard-top for $49,900 (already had an offer of $40k on it).. so that does look to be in the right ball park for a dealer vehicle with the hardtop included.

Wasn’t sure it was the same car, different wheels and plate now but looks to be same car.

A lot has happened in the 18 months since they bought it, especially in the Classic car market.

I remember the Rose City guys from when I lived in Palmy, always had some interesting performance metal in amongst the usual Jap imports. IIRC the owner was a well known national rally driver, he would often keep the nicer stuff to drive himself before. Putting it back on the yard.

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Wasn’t sure it was the same car, different wheels and plate now but looks to be same car.

A lot has happened in the 18 months since they bought it, especially in the Classic car market.

I remember the Rose City guys from when I lived in Palmy, always had some interesting performance metal in amongst the usual Jap imports. IIRC the owner was a well known national rally driver, he would often keep the nicer stuff to drive himself before. Putting it back on the yard.

Bruce Herbert, I think......

Usually some pretty nice cars in Rose City.   Top dollar, though.  He wants first dibs on my BMW Touring......

• Like 4

It started with the silver LHD coupe, then others started thinking "well mines gotta be worth that too". First the blue SMG coupe, then the red vert, and now the violet vert. None of these cars however, have sold at these prices.

Infact two have sold under 30k recently (25k black coupe, <$27k silver coupe) albeit not as low kms

The Estoril one that was up for $40k in July last year went for $37k in less than 24 hours, he probably would have got 40 if he could be bothered waiting. That one was in good all-round condition and that's about where I think the price sits today for one that ticks all the boxes... nothing recent ticks as many boxes as that one and the prices need to be reduced to reflect that if they actually want to shift them.

• Like 1

My silver just sold for $27.5k. Typically lots of inquiries and low ballers. Thought it would go for more but the market spoke.

I saw offers of 25k etc. What were the low ball offers?

I expect higher km non-evo cars will be driven not collected so value is significantly less.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:35 AM, Blackie said:

I saw offers of 25k etc. What were the low ball offers?

I expect higher km non-evo cars will be driven not collected so value is significantly less.

20-24k

Gone to PNorth2844A23C-6BE3-4251-B599-7F7D07752264.thumb.jpeg.7a6e11850a70858ec144b031f4283ece.jpeg

WTB new project have cash 😂

• Like 2

Miss that car, man it made some great noises. Looked better on the original wheels though imo.

DSC06295-2.jpg

• Like 3

Me too. Do like the flowerpots too but really wanted 8.5s... I was too slow Vince that sold quickly!

• Like 1

I'll tell my parents to look out for it in palmy! 🤣 Maybe the new owner will turn up here

46 minutes ago, mzhu031 said:

Me too. Do like the flowerpots too but really wanted 8.5s... I was too slow Vince that sold quickly!

Its been for sale for around 1 year iirc 

Ah yes, pretty sure you took it off for a while then put it back on recently Vince? What Ru looking at next

Yeah had it up last year then pulled it when I had back surgery and wasn’t offered what I was after. Buying the 911 it has had little use. Keeping my foot in the BMW door with the E30 tho.

I don’t really know what’s next.. maybe classic American muscle (just for that V8 rumble).