Sign in to follow this  
HELLBM

Trio of M3 Sedans @ Hellbm

3 Generations E46 M3, E90 M3 and F80.IMG_0749.thumb.jpg.1928450a1484bf1892dca3d0a2cc0788.jpgIMG_0750.thumb.jpg.8f0a040bad14abdc2e0403fd8a3c4808.jpgIMG_0751.thumb.jpg.5cbc6562c8c670a0fd8379f7cdbcb708.jpgIMG_0754.thumb.jpg.d1894d11b7153b0ca2dfcdb413107a9e.jpgIMG_0756.thumb.jpg.facbe5cb7b7f5154c8f7989d315708ba.jpgIMG_0759.thumb.jpg.ddc668d06b833be138d8b4b2820ca8b9.jpgIMG_0770.thumb.jpg.58589cc87c2c57dc8c653ad40aa675a9.jpgIMG_0771.thumb.jpg.52f44e16a318e187bccf84b3f78d1ecf.jpg

Edited by HELLBM
  • Like 17

On 2/6/2022 at 8:53 PM, KwS said:

Love the E46 M3 sedan 😍

Me too.  Of course BMW never made an e46 M3 sedan (this one is registered as a 330i), but just looking at this sedan, maybe BMW should have pre-empted the e90 and done this from the factory.

Edited by leonf
adding factuality.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, leonf said:

Me too.  Of course BMW never made an e46 M3 sedan (this one is registered as a 330i), but just looking at this car, maybe BMW should have pre-empted the e90 and done this from the factory.

BMW really missed the boat by not making E46 sedans and wagons. HellBM is doing the lords work by plugging the gaps. IMO the E90 M3 is the best of that shape too, much better proportioned than the coupe. has @HELLBM done an E91 M3 Touring?

The pics are probably deceptive, but I've seen all these cars in the flesh and to me it's disturbing seeing the size of the 3 Series getting bigger and fatter over the generations.

Of course it's been happening for years as we've come from the e30 into the e36 and then to the e46. And BMW does not have this issue to themselves - just look at how fat a Corolla or Golf has become. Probably due to Govt regulation which also seems to have contributed to the gradual homogenisation of the auto industry.  Dunno about you but I find it difficult to differentiate between new a new Kia/Hyundai/MG/Great Wall/Seat/Skoda/VW(some)/toyota(some).

All this Govt mandated crap that needs to be present in a new car has destroyed the individuality of design.  We'll NEVER see a Clio v6 or v12 BMW again, sadly.

9 hours ago, leonf said:

The pics are probably deceptive, but I've seen all these cars in the flesh and to me it's disturbing seeing the size of the 3 Series getting bigger and fatter over the generations.

Of course it's been happening for years as we've come from the e30 into the e36 and then to the e46. And BMW does not have this issue to themselves - just look at how fat a Corolla or Golf has become. Probably due to Govt regulation which also seems to have contributed to the gradual homogenisation of the auto industry.  Dunno about you but I find it difficult to differentiate between new a new Kia/Hyundai/MG/Great Wall/Seat/Skoda/VW(some)/toyota(some).

All this Govt mandated crap that needs to be present in a new car has destroyed the individuality of design.  We'll NEVER see a Clio v6 or v12 BMW again, sadly.

What are you even talking about? Its not "govt mandated"; getting bigger is all in the interests of safety. All the cars you listed would suffer badly in a crash compared to anything modern. The Clio V6 made no sense when it was new, but was built by engineers instead of beancounters, much like the 2020 GR Yaris.... oh... wait.

V12 engines are obsolete, no big loss.

13 hours ago, leonf said:

Yep they've all gotten bigger, look at the dimensions the G20 is about the same dimensions as an E39 and the F10/G30 is about the same size as an E38.

The E60 was bigger than the E39 but weighed slightly less, about the only successor to have a slight weight reduction..........could be wrong on that.

That E46 looks sweeet though, I actually prefer the E46 sedan over the coupe.

Edited by Kiwi_BMW
  • Like 1

Hoh. That F80 tho, hnnng

On 2/8/2022 at 7:49 AM, KwS said:

What are you even talking about? Its not "govt mandated"; getting bigger is all in the interests of safety. All the cars you listed would suffer badly in a crash compared to anything modern. The Clio V6 made no sense when it was new, but was built by engineers instead of beancounters, much like the 2020 GR Yaris.... oh... wait.

V12 engines are obsolete, no big loss.

In the interest of safety which governments around the world have a very big interest in.

Anyway, nice lineup @HELLBM